How Many Romney (GOP) Supporters Here Are Wealthy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Can't help but to notice that a very low percentage of the people responding here support your positions in your thread. I'm am not attacking you in anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, just setting the table for the following observation: Perhaps the same percentage will support Obama!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
just interested to hear why people vote against themselves, that's all.

That is the problem right there. You are stuck on the idea that they are voting against their own best interest. Your mind can only comprehend the direct short term benefit. The people you are referring to are looking past that. They see the long term macro view of the situation. They see the higher level cost, and they see those as far worse than the benefit.

They are voting for their best interest. What they perceive as the best interest of them and their children.

The problem is, you and your limited comprehension of the world can not comprehend their view of the situation.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

just interested to hear why people vote against themselves, that's all.

That is the problem right there. You are stuck on the idea that they are voting against their own best interest. Your mind can only comprehend the direct short term benefit. The people you are referring to are looking past that. They see the long term macro view of the situation. They see the higher level cost, and they see those as far worse than the benefit.

They are voting for their best interest. What they perceive as the best interest of them and their children.

The problem is, you and your limited comprehension of the world can not comprehend their view of the situation.

It needed saying...you said it so very well....

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Taiyed

Yet...still you haven't acknowledged a single person who gave you honest concise answers...because they weren't in agreement with you. That's all you ever do in your threads....extolling the virtues of what you are pushing, while attacking any response that isn't within the narrow confines of your viewpoint. You...never...listen.

Des

I have acknowledge a lot of people, doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

I've seen a lot of people give reasons why they are abandoning their own economic interest to vote against Obama, but I still think they are foolish for it.

I can vote against my economic interests, it doesn't harm me in any way.

If YOU, or any other low income person votes against their own economic interests because they don't believe in government assistance...you and others are going to be the exact people on that government aid...or you will be dead if your pride is too much to recieve help when needed.

It's illogical to me, I will never understand those that vote death upon themselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

No, I absolutely get that.

This is the lie the GOP has fed you. All of you think that you will vote in the interest of the wealthy, because the GOP has told you that if you vote for them, one day you will be wealthy too.

I'm sorry to say this, but if you are over 40 and not wealthy yet...you are most likely never going to be.

Trickle down economics doesn't work as advertised, it works for the currently wealthy...not so much for those who are supposed to be trickled upon.

If this last recession and looking at who lost and who gained from it doesn't tell you that, then nothing will. If you have bought into the trickle down theory so much that the recession, where the rich profited, didn't open your eyes, then there seems to be no hope.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Well...thanks for calling me low income....

You couldn't give a compliment if your life depended on it....

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

Des

From what you described earlier in the thread, you seem to qualify as low income.

Anyone who describes themsleves as "making ends meat", I consider low income.

No offense meant, just using the information you provided.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

Des

From what you described earlier in the thread, you seem to qualify as low income.

Anyone who describes themsleves as "making ends meat", I consider low income.

No offense meant, just using the information you provided.

You haven't a clue what my *ends* are...you are, as usual, making assumptions based on your limited knowledge....

For all you know...making payments on my 68 ft. sloop, are included in making ends meet....

Des

edit on 4-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

that's fine, you can change your story.

Next time, maybe try to answer more clearly.

You are either wealthy or you are not, you clearly made it seem like you are not and have operated under that position in this entire thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

that's fine, you can change your story.

Next time, maybe try to answer more clearly.

You are either wealthy or you are not, you clearly made it seem like you are not and have operated under that position in this entire thread.

See...that's what bugs you the most. People don't fit into the precise little niches you've created for them, in your mind. You completely forgot about one little thing...human nature...individuality...what is rich to some is poor to others...and vice versa....

Sometimes my healthy herd of goats, makes me feel like the richest Woman in the world...it's all how you view it....

Des

edit on 4-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

This is the lie the GOP has fed you. All of you think that you will vote in the interest of the wealthy, because the GOP has told you that if you vote for them, one day you will be wealthy too.

You do understand that your Democrat Party has Lied to You,,, Don't You?

I was never told, my vote for the GOP would make me wealthy. Where did you read or hear this,,, from NPR?
Myself and my better-half are to old to really care about being wealthy, we are in a sense though, we have each other and a good Gov. retirement and healthcare and we have our health.

Never been on any Government assistance and never will,,,,
We voted for a Change this time and feel it's Romney. After 4 years, there'll be others.
But Obama,,, Didn't in 08 and won't now. He's just a pretty face full of teeth and smiles.
His hand shake is cold and weak and uninteresting, No substance, No Strength just not firm and warm and full of life.
Nope, not then and Not Now! OH! We're not Rich either.
edit on 4-11-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Looks like this is what politics are about today, a popularity contest.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No, I absolutely get that.

I'm sorry to say this, but if you are over 40 and not wealthy yet...you are most likely never going to be.

Trickle down economics doesn't work as advertised, it works for the currently wealthy...not so much for those who are supposed to be trickled upon.

If this last recession and looking at who lost and who gained from it doesn't tell you that, then nothing will. If you have bought into the trickle down theory so much that the recession, where the rich profited, didn't open your eyes, then there seems to be no hope.

Why in hell would I want to be wealthy?
I have a friend that was worth several million at one time. They don’t have over a few thousand in the bank now. They have went through hell and they are still no better off because of that. I wouldn’t wish that on my worse enemy.

I have no class envy for the rich. I do not want their lifestyle.

All I want is for people to get out of my business and let me live my life, how ever badly I want to live it until i die. And to let my decedents live their life how ever badly they want to live theirs until they die.

I want the government to leave my stuff alone. It’s my stuff, what ever little I got. I worked for it, not them.

I don’t want other people’s stuff. It’s theirs, they worked for it. Not me! No one owes me a tinkers damn

I want the government to let me acknowledge the fact that it’s my responsibility how I live my life an no one else’s. It is also my responsibility to defend myself and my family as I see fit. Not some two bit law enforcement that shows up after the fact.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by guohua

Looks like this is what politics are about today, a popularity contest.

You're absolutely correct and it should not be about your Hair, Straight Teeth, Flat Belly or Beautiful Wife,,, No it should be about the American People and our national economy and jobs, the safety of our families and the closure of our borders and the education of our children, Not the Indoctrination of our children but, Reading, Writing, Arithmetic and History.

Hell,,,, I'd vote for a man or woman if they're Fat, Bald and had no teeth,,,,,, just show me a track record of successes in being for the people and their families, Being For America.
Yes, America First, let the rest of the World Police It's Self.

Sorry, I'm Ranting and Off Topic.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

See...that's what bugs you the most. People don't fit into the precise little niches you've created for them, in your mind. You completely forgot about one little thing...human nature...individuality...what is rich to some is poor to others...and vice versa....

I was clearly talking about economic wealth.

If you feel "wealthy" in different ways, awesome, but that isn't what this thread is about.

Your level of income is your level of income, I'm not judging you, but you seem very defensive about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Well, I have to say, too bad.

You live in a society with other people, so no, you can't do whatever the hell you want to do.

I don't want my neighbor to have a oil refinery in their back yard, I don't want my neighbor to have a water treatment plant in their back yard.

So sorry, you picked the wrong country to live in if you want to just be left alone.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You do understand that your Democrat Party has Lied to You,,, Don't You?

Yep, I'm sure they have.

But what is it that you think they have lied to me about that I should be concerned about?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So sorry, you picked the wrong country to live in if you want to just be left alone.

Well, it’s about damn time things change, isn’t it?

Hate to break it to you. There is a lot of people that are getting fed up with all this government oversight and control crap.

I have had the feeling for a long time that sooner or later, if things don’t change for the better, all hell is going to break loose.

And, based on your post, you won’t like the result.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Well, it’s about damn time things change, isn’t it?

Hate to break it to you. There is a lot of people that are getting fed up with all this government oversight and control crap.

I have had the feeling for a long time that sooner or later, if things don’t change for the better, all hell is going to break loose.

And, based on your post, you won’t like the result.

Really?

What is going to be the result? I'm curious.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Really?

What is going to be the result? I'm curious.

That is beyond my ability to contemplate, but call it a hunch. A hunch that your idealist dreams of a perfect society will probably be in tatters.

For that is something that history has proven time, and time again.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join