Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How Many Romney (GOP) Supporters Here Are Wealthy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I like George for comedy, are you making a joke?
No.
I was pointing out how Proverbs, Expressions can be right, and still have no Merit to the Discussion.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

So this is you bailing out?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

We know that Obama is charging around fighting wars, invading countries and selecting personally his next assassination target on his kill list. That is proven fact based upon the last 4 years. You are simply stating that you think that Romney would do the same. I invite you to submit evidence to support your statement if you can.

Silly

I'm really talking domestic economic issues.

If you think Romney is the peace candidate, well, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

They cannot provide sight to them that cannot see.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Great fact filled support for your statement. I guess that you simply cannot do it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I see lots of reasons why you aren't voting for Obama.

Very few as to why you decided to vote for Romney.

The things you listed, do you honestly think Romney will do the things that you were dissapointed in Obama not sticking to?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by Taiyed

That`s not so simple, lots of people that are on benefits will not even try to work or get something better (of course not all of them).

So you are willing to sacrafice it all just because some abuse it?

You are willing to tell those truly in need that they are out of luck because you think some people abuse it, so they can starve or go without shelter?

You are willing to punish those who truly need it because the actions of others? That is a very illogical position.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

As someone who had genuine hope Obama would accomplish at least some of the things he promised, and as someone who is voting for Romney. I'll say that whether or not Romney eventually gets it done, I'll be glad I supported the alternative this time. We can deal with Romney in 2016 if he ends up being as ineffective as Obama. For now though, I genuinely believe that he will make more of a good faith effort to work across the aisle.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

You raise a similar question to Tw0Sides, it's worth looking at. But remember that the original question was along the lines of "Why would you vote for someone if it goes against your economic best interests?" And the response was "Because my economic self-interest is not the most important issue of the election." I listed freedom as one example, although Tw0Sides seemed to mildly object, and there are others, such as the unity of the nation.

For examples of what I object to from the current administration, we can look to the TSA, domestic drones, the Department of Homeland Security with their lists of possible terrorists, the Obamacare mandates for each individual, the laws like NDAA which ATSers so object to, the religious freedom issues which are currently being litigated, increased prosecution of whistleblowers, not to mention the regulations and executive orders which seem to be flooding out of D. C.

Have you seen anybody saying we are more free after four years of Obama? Now, I don't know what Romney will do with each of these issues, but I'm reasonably certain they'll just continue and get worse under Obama's second four.

As far as Tw0Sides comment about the freedom of China and Russia, I have to admit I didn't understand the point. They're even worse off than we are, but I don't know where Tw0Sides wants to go from there.

And, yes, Tw0Sides, I do throw the word "freedom" around a lot. That's because it's vitally important and in danger of being ignored. Especially in the US, freedom has been historically treasured. Unlike China or Russia.

I guess what I'm asking is do you honestly believe Romney is for the middle and lower class?
For me, that gets off our subject. But I originally thought Obama was for the poor and middle class, and he may be, but his policies have increased income inequality, increased the number of poor, and decreased the median family income by thousands of dollars. I can't imagine that Romney could be half as bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

reply to post by hououinkyouma

So giving food to people who need to feed their families js not helping them?

Not in the long run. It makes people dependent on government. If they get food stamps long enough, it's no longer a temporary help, but an expectation and a "right." "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Food stamps is giving a man a fish for a day. Now we have generations of families that consider welfare their income, their rightful income. Generations!

This cannot continue.

And you do know the percentage of people you are talking about is small compared to all those that recieve food stamps, right?

So again, you are willing to punish the majority for the actions of the few? This was basically the reasoning of the man in the documentary I saw. He was RECIEVING foodstamps, but thought that they need to be cut because he thought too many "depended" on them.

I don't understand that logic, and I never will.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Taiyed

I've already played the round and round game with you in other threads. All you really like to do is be confrontational....you don't listen to anyone anyway. I won't play with you anymore....it's tiring, and boring.....

Des

I can't force you to examine the questions you should be thinking about.

I am fine if my income drops to zero tomorrow, are you?
edit on 4-11-2012 by Taiyed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

It may benefit me, but I know it is unsustainable. Life’s lessons have taught me that. When the bottom falls out, it will cost me far more than any benefit I could have ever gotten out of it.

Even though I suffer as a result, I know that suffering is far less than the amount I will suffer if I continue to ignore reality.

Credit cards are nice. I can buy nice things with big credit cards. If I forbid the use of credit cards I will suffer because I won’t be able to buy many things. If I keep using credit cards, then I will get to the point that they will take everything. Credit cards have nice short term benefits, but the long term cost outweigh everything.

A farmer can over farm a field for his lifetime. He will eat well. But his children will starve to death because the dirt won’t grow food anymore.

All these medical and social perks the government can provide, are nice. But the bill for them will cause us to have nothing after a while.

I may die earlier, or go hungry because of it. But that is life. I will not destroy my children’s future for my own benefit. That is called “Accepting your responsibilities” and “living within your means”. It may cause you to die at a young age, but that’s life. Life isn’t fair. An adult doesn’t run from life, and his responsibilities just because he doesn’t like the result.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This image does a good job explaining the overall concept.

The GOP uses an army of low income voters to give back to the rich, and I just don't understand how people fall for it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed

reply to post by Taiyed

I've already played the round and round game with you in other threads. All you really like to do is be confrontational....you don't listen to anyone anyway. I won't play with you anymore....it's tiring, and boring.....

Des

I can't force you to examine the questions you should be thinking about.

I am fine if my income drops to zero tomorrow, are you?
edit on 4-11-2012 by Taiyed because: (no reason given)

Because I'm not depending on the government to take care of me...yes, I am fine, like you.

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

As I said before, the real world is not perfect. Most of the people abuse their benefits or freedom, in this world some have to make sacrifices because of that.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

You are voting your conscience...by tossing your vote to the void....I almost equate that with cutting off one's nose, to spite one's face.....

Des

I'll admit that I probably should have elaborated more on why I am voting for Gary Johnson but I fail to see how I'm "cutting off my nose to spite my face." Truth is, I am a young American who actually gives a poo about politics and economic issues and from my point of view, neither the republican or the democratic candidate seems to care about issues that people like myself feel are important. Both seem to have their nose buried very deep in other nations behinds, neither truly seem to care about making jobs for "average" Americans, I've yet to see any evidence to support a theory that either of the candidates wants to make the American education system the best in the world, both men are what I like to call "corporate brown nosers" who would rather see the ultra rich have much more success than anyone else in this nation, etc...

I consider myself an independent who leans towards progression. It is very clear to me that our current system is beyond repair and that something needs to be done. Will bringing a third party into play be that something? Who can say. But with the way things are going now, why shouldn't we try it? The bottom line is that Obama and Romney represent very similar ideas and a vote for one may as well be a vote for the other and If those were my only options I would not waste my time voting as I believe that neither is going to improve my future in any way. So I cannot see how exactly I am "tossing my vote into the void," when I otherwise would not want to waste my time standing in line to vote when I could be doing other things such as studying to continue outperforming the offspring of the middle class and above or coming here or to other sites to complain about issues of which I personally am incapable of doing very much to solve.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by Taiyed

I make very little. Under Romney's plan I pay 1/5 less taxes and can expect to pay 1/5 less as my career advances as well. Also, I don't have to pay into an entitlement system for 40 years knowing that it's probably going to collapse by the time I"m eligible. Yea, I'd say I have my own self interest at heart here.

Romney himself said that you won't "PAY" less, your rate will just be less. He is going to take away credits and deductions to make up the 20% cut he claims he is giving you. You will not be paying less in taxes.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

By the way, don't be expecting a huge cut in taxes because I'm also going to lower deductions and exemptions.

Now, those credits/deductions will be very hard to get back...but it will be very easy to raise those tax rates again.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

Great fact filled support for your statement. I guess that you simply cannot do it.

To do what?

Obama and Romney are both committed to using our Military, they just disagree on where.

Again, if you think Romney is for peace, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Are you saying that individuals with low incomes are the GOPs greatest supporters? If you are you need to do a little fact checking.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Last post that I will ask you to support your statement with a link or something substantial. Link or it didn't happen.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join