Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How Many Romney (GOP) Supporters Here Are Wealthy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
About giving food stamps, I spend my year in four different countries and one of them have a populist government that gives lots of food stamps and so called benefits for the poorest.

I can assure you, that measure is terrible for the country and unfair to some people even on the middle class who struggle with bills and don`t have any benefits.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Your thesis sounds as though it came right out of What's the Matter with Kansas? a book that asked that question of the people of that midwestern state.

I'm poor, really, but my economic interests don't control my vote. I won't be bought that way. I think a better question is why would an American vote against freedom? I'm sorry for those who will sell freedom for a few extra dollars in their government check.

Besides, I'm not sure that voting for Obama would be in my economic interest.

I'm not sure what "freedom" you are speaking of. What "freedom" do you think Obama has taken from you that Romney is going to restore?

Romney and Obama differ in very few ways.

They are almost identicle on foreign policy, with Romney just wanting more Military involvement around the globe.

It is really only on domestic policy, and mostly taxation and social programs where they differ.

Are you denying that Romney wants to take away tax credits/deductions and also reduce the amount of social programs offered?

I guess what I'm asking is do you honestly believe Romney is for the middle and lower class?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by charles1952

I agree with you. Giving food stamps is not really helping the poor. Making a better economy and giving better conditions to grow for people in a not so good economic conditions is the key.

And exactly how are the poor people going to grow if they are starving to death?

I honestly don't understand your logic. Yes, make the economy better, that is both Obama's and Romney's goal, those that say otherwise are pure partisan hacks. Both of them do want the economy to improve.

The difference is who is willing to help out the poor when the economy isn't good and who is willing to put the burden of growth on the poor/middle class rather than asking the wealthy to help out with that growth?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

You are voting your conscience...by tossing your vote to the void....I almost equate that with cutting off one's nose, to spite one's face.....

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by hououinkyouma

So giving food to people who need to feed their families js not helping them?

Chinese Proverb: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Taiyed

Romney supporter/voter here. Not even close to wealthy. Make ends meet, with a tad left over to put back into my small business. Not on any government dole. 61 years old, paid taxes and SS my whole life. I look forward to a President who remembers our Great Nation, has a Constitution....

Des

So what part of the Constitution do you think is being ignored that Romney is going to start "remembering"?

I hear a lot of talk about "freedom" and "restoring the Constitution", but I'm not seeing any details.

But do you realize that if you are just making ends meat and are not anywhere near wealthy, that Romney's proposed tax plan is going to remove credits/deductions away from you? Do you understand that in your situation, all it takes is a few bad economic events that will cause you to depend on social programs to survive? Do you understand the "government dole" isn't something evil and that it could some day save your life?

I don't need the social safety net. Tomorrow I can pay off all my debts if needed, cash in my investments and be fine with zero income for about 5 years. From what you are saying, I don't think you have that luxury. How long would you survive if tomorrow your income drops to zero?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

Chinese Proverb: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Carlin Proverb: "The American dream is real, you have to be asleep to believe it"

link   
i voted for romney and i am not wealthy and it was based soly on the fact that of the things president obama did/said that i didnt like were personal for me,example he joked about eating pit bulls and i am a big fan of them and he also said that there would not be raids on MMJ providers and patients and then decided to flip flop halfway through his campaign and as a direct result my place of employment was shut down and i was put out of a job(these are personal to me and i dont expect others to care)

in addition he was against the keystone pipeline and i was for it as it would have been good for my state

he has also said the missile shield is up for debate after his "re election" and as i am a fan of the missile shield i voted Romney

he has hinted at wanting to install a new "assault weapons ban" and while this would probably triple the value of my gun collection i tend to lean right for 2nd amendment reasons

Obama passed the ndaa which i am against on general principal,and i hope (possibly falsely)that mitt would repeal it

while i have no problem with people having more access to insurance and would like to see no one ever denyed insurance due to a pre-existing condition i am against being taxed if i choose not to have insurance(i allready have it but have not used it in 3 years)

Guantanamo is still open and obama said he would close it i dont think romney would close it but he didnt promise he would either

the fact that i have been called a racist for the last 4 years just not for liking some one elses candidate of choice has turned me away from obama (just as the paul bots turned me against ron paul) even though in the last election i voted for obama and gave him the benefit of the doubt (im one of the ones that would like my change back)

fast and furious really really made me mad and until holder swings for his crimes i wont support his minion

the constant and alarming leaks out of the white house over his presidency (not just dems have been guilty of this one)

the fact that in obamas own words he said he deserved to be a one term president if he did not fix the economy in three years then asks for four more years to fix what he told us he could fix in three(kinda like bushes read my list no new taxes speach was damaging to bush number 1)

his failure of the homeowners mortage assistance program and a lack of mortgage reform

the amount of debt that has been added during his presidency eclipses the marshal plan and the space race and Louisianan purchases combined

a lack of a budget being passed in three years is also dammning to the man oh and for the first time since 1917 we lost our tripple a credit rating

the abysmal failure of the cash for clunkers program

the appointment of Tim Geithner a known tax cheat to the secretary of treasury

the fact that he wants to gut NASA(more then he allready did) and as Biden put it make Muslim outreach the number one priority of nasa and the fact that for the first time since 1969 we (publicly at least) don't have a vessel capable of reaching space and rely on the russians to get to the international space station

"No, no. I have been practicing…I bowled a 129. It’s like — it was like Special Olympics, or something. — Barack Obama" the belittlement of the special needs and developmentally
disabled speaks volumes for me and even if it was a joke i always used the "dont look at how they treat their equals to judge character look at how they treat their inferiors"

the fact that he routinely plays the race card and divides us further as a nation

attempting to sneek in the dream act through the back door even after it failed to get through congress

the failure of jonson controls inc where it ended up costing about 2million dollars in stimulus money for every damn job created (300 million given to create 150 jobs)

"Look, I’m at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I’ve got four years. And, you know, a year from now I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress. But there’s still going to be some pain out there. If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition." -- Barack Obama on the economy in February of 2009
by his own words we should not re-elect him

www.politifact.com...

link   
reply to post by Taiyed

That`s not so simple, lots of people that are on benefits will not even try to work or get something better (of course not all of them).

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Do you think we should not be providing food stamps then?

I mean the economy right now is no where near as bad as it was in the early 1930's, but if it weren't for food stamps there would be a lot of people malnourished, dumpster diving and dying from starvation.

We spend 900 billion dollars on bombs each year, but you people have no issue with that. But when someone says that we should be providing the most basic human needs (food, water) to people who need it, then somehow that's twisted into a negative thing.

link   
reply to post by whywhynot

That`s a great proverb, you just explained everything.

link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by hououinkyouma

So giving food to people who need to feed their families js not helping them?

Not in the long run. It makes people dependent on government. If they get food stamps long enough, it's no longer a temporary help, but an expectation and a "right." "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Food stamps is giving a man a fish for a day. Now we have generations of families that consider welfare their income, their rightful income. Generations!

This cannot continue.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

I've already played the round and round game with you in other threads. All you really like to do is be confrontational....you don't listen to anyone anyway. I won't play with you anymore....it's tiring, and boring.....

Des

edit on 4-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Bombs have their value, the real world is not a beautiful magical place as some people think. I do not support imperialism, but if US loses it`s grip in some places and the respect of the world, this world will be a much worse place.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

There it is. I was waiting for you to start the partisan attacks as always.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

So you have a big problem providing people with food.

Do you have the same attitude about the bloated defense budget?

Or do you think it's necessary to spend 900 billion dollars each year on bombs?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I like George for comedy, are you making a joke?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

I make very little. Under Romney's plan I pay 1/5 less taxes and can expect to pay 1/5 less as my career advances as well. Also, I don't have to pay into an entitlement system for 40 years knowing that it's probably going to collapse by the time I"m eligible. Yea, I'd say I have my own self interest at heart here.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

I hate to tell you this, but Libertarians are even worse when it comes to the social safety net for the poor.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join