It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Star Wars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This maybe digging up some old bones, but so far that I got out of this, is that there is a defense system designed to fire on sight anything that isn't clear to leave Earth.

With what? Ballistics? From what this says, it says that there are defense points or satellites equipped with lasers that make things explode. To put it in a better term, Particle Beam Weaponry.

Particle Beam Weaponry is THE most dangerous weaponry of all time.

Just one beam is enough to equal 5 nuclear bombs, due to it's nature.

Thank you for reading this.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
moon bases ...particle beams that cause tidal waves and mass destruction
sounds good to me

Dr. Beter

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Well, I'm just questioning since about 4 years ago I heard about Operation Star Wars and wondering if anyone has heard it since then.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Interesting questions.

Here are two threads you might be interested in reading.

Star Wars: It has begun

&

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I havent heard much about that in a while either. Wasn't it first theorized and the term coined by Arthur C. Clark?

Also, I don't really think it was intended to spacecraft leaving earth, but more for space bound ICBMs. Anyways, was it not scrapped? Come to think of it, I do remember it being mentioned on ABC's show "The Last Resort".

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

interesting threads. But I question, it's already been a year since we ever heard even a whisper of it.

What do you suppose has happened?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

If there are that many satellites in space, I highly doubt they are there for people's favorite TV stations.

Plus, if there is that much weaponry on board one of those defense points, that much weaponry being one Particle weapon cannon, then who are they trying to keep from leaving Earth?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Check out some of splitinfinity threads.

He has a recent thread talking about lazers and particle beams.

We already have them up and running friend.

Why do you think so many payloads going into space are "top secret"? They all can't be commmication satellites can they?? We would be talking(communicating) more than fighting terror...lol
edit on 5-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
STAR WARS was the name given to a project started under President Bush Snr to create a defense for the US and her allies against a Soviet first strike. It involved satellite weaponry to destroy any inbound threat. There were many sites around the world that were considered for this project one of which was Pine Gap in the Northern Territory, Australia.

The program was cancelled - or at least that's what the official word was.

With all the classified cargo going into orbit these days it could be quite possible that there are more than comms satellites and spy sats up there.

I guess we'll never really know the truth unless the # hits the fan or there is a major press leak.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

Actually it was started under Reagan in the early 1980s. The plan was to have a net of satellites using x-ray lasers, and kill vehicles to shoot down a Soviet missile swarm. Part of the problem was that the satellites were one time use only. The x-ray laser would be generated by the satellite blowing up basically.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here's an existing thread on the subject that I'm sure you'll enjoy

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I stand corrected

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

unless they have a special battery and material that enables them to last, (Unlike on the surface, which mostly throw away plastic).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

A lazer with the power you describe, would require more power than has ever been produced or used at any one time in the entire freaking history of man.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

unless covered up and given a different name, like the Tunguska event, most say it was a comet exploding in mid-air. Not enough power, it was caused by a particle beam.

The tech is possible and repeatable.

When a beam from this kind of weapon is fired, a stream of high-speed protons by themselves can do little damage, just make a small hole, nothing else. Once they hit a surface, they backup. I'll leave it to your imagination on what happens when you have over a billion + charges in one compressed area. Or do you want the explosive detail?
edit on 5-11-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

From what I read, they were designed specifically to blow up, to create the laser that would be fired.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

One time use? So they keep launching stuff into space the quietest way possible? With the fuel-less engines?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

They were designed to be replaced pretty easily by the shuttle. They say that the shuttle would have been able to carry a couple dozen at a time if they packed the payload bay. But yes, they were one time use. They were designed to use the explosion to generate the x-rays that were then used in the laser.

articles.latimes.com...

Over time their vision became truly breathtaking: a single weapon capable of wiping out the entire Soviet missile fleet in one spectacular flash of light. The X-ray laser would use a nuclear blast to trigger an array of laser rods that would fire up to 100,000 beams of radiation across space at the speed of light, striking every enemy missile in the air, even as the X-ray laser itself vaporized in a firestorm of nuclear self-destruction. And just in case a single weapon did not do the trick, there would be multiple X-ray lasers, each capable of wiping the skies clean of all enemy missiles in sight.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 11/5/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
yeah edward teller was the brain behind the space based lasers. Zaphod is correct about them blowing up. Basically the satellite was a nuke with metal rods on the business end. THe rods would be aimed at a target. On the ground or in space and then the nuke would blow up. SOmehow the rods were able to channel all of the radiation in one direction like a laser. I believe it was actually called a radiation laser or something similar. I dunno you can look it up though. I've seen a few documentaries about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

who are they trying to keep from leaving Earth?

News that begins with J.

Gary Mckinnon?
No new information about whats going on "up there" from Gary, and they no longer plan to Janet flight him to the US to stand trial so will we ever know?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join