It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of thousands homeless in NYC could freeze to death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Allegorical
This so silly. I live in NYC, all of the "NY is "put tragedies here" " threads need to stop.

My oh my...Bloomberg would hire you in a NY minute...

Sweep this suffering by millions under the rug is your solution...
What a narrow minded view of your own neighboring communities. Thank God, ATS is a place of caring and compassion....willing to look reality in the eye, and offer aid to *your* neighbors, if only posting links to places to try to get help.

I Pray that selfish fist clutching your heart...loosens it's hold...and your eyes look farther than your own front door.

Des

I was curious so i googled up some info. Here is just the first hit:

www.nydailynews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> New York Hurricane Sandy drives down major crimes Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

The most amazing part is that since Sandy hit New York overall crime is down significantly, 87% fewer murders, except robberies are up 3% which considering these extra ordinary circumstances is miraculous.

I downplayed this storm or really accused the coverage prior as hyped but this was one of the largest storm systems to ever hit the planet. The size of Sandy would have covered all of Europe, winds in New Hampshire were over 130 mph.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Malcher because: Added Link

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I hear Atlas shrugged is good for a fireplace. I think there will be a lot of copies burning in the coming months.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
at least they wont be homelss any more......

we have enough relocation camps around the country, im not worried in the least , fema will save them . ^^

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Actually I am in Staten Island one of the hardest hit burrows of NYC and there are all kinds of horror stories going around! I am hearing that some people are being told by FEMA they would have to wait 10 days to be placed in temporary housing! Also heard that some insurance companies would not be covering policies!
Also if anyone is in the area there is a shortage of volunteers in the Staten Island area! I hope to God that
all those made homeless by this storm find someplace to stay because if they are out in this next storm they
probably wont survive! Please Pray for these unfortunate people cause I know I will!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Lucky they built all those nice, comfy & so very secure FEMA camps, eh?

Nothing says xmas like a sprinkling of snow on the razor-wire!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa
Rudy has a few things to say about it.

USING THIS DISASTER TO MAKE POLITICAL POINTS IS JUST DISGUSTING! How can he compare 911 to a disaster that went through so many states and displaced so many families! I am so tired of the political world
and all the BS that seems to come down to finger pointing every time there is an election! Maybe we should legalize drugs and ban politics! Put them all in the clink or at least the dems and repubs! wake up America before we are all victims of pride, arrogance and ignorance!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join