Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Tens of thousands homeless in NYC could freeze to death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
You people are all missing something here, and it's the first paragraph of the linked article.

Hello?

NEARLY all New York schools were set to reopen on Monday in another sign of things getting back to normal in the wake of superstorm Sandy, but authorities faced a new challenge posed by frigid weather. Read more: www.news.com.au...

Surely the schools are equipped with heat, no, if they are set to re-open?

I believe this should be kids take their families to school, week, month or whatever until services can be restored to homes.

Why hasn't anybody else thought this one through, and why isn't the mayor making schools available to displaced families?

DUH!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I tried to watch the today show this morning and they were all so happy and cheerful about the upcoming elections, I guess we will find out more truth afterwards? I dont know there is such a negative energy surge right now it is almost crippling to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I tried to watch the today show this morning and they were all so happy and cheerful about the upcoming elections, I guess we will find out more truth afterwards? I dont know there is such a negative energy surge right now it is almost crippling to me.

hopefully it's not a case of bloomers "forgetting" to have the THOUSANDS of people living in the underground part of the city, which goes down 200+ levels, warned about flooding.

i would not put it past him to "not let a crisis go to waste" so as to "clean up the city"

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I noticed that too!!

Schools are usually pretty big and could house a lot of people! I wouldn't be worried about sending my child to school if I didn't even have a home!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My friend at work just got his power back on yesterday, and another friend still has no power...we live in Ohio.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

They won't freeze to death, how does one stay warm w/o heat when it's at, or below freezing?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Rudy has a few things to say about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Doesn't this happen every year? Why care about it only now?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They will freeze to death like those inuit who live in igloos every year right??

If they die then i'd say Darwin. They can't wrap themselves in a couple blankets?

I've been in -30 which i'm pretty sure was survivable.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
They will freeze to death like those inuit who live in igloos every year right??

If they die then i'd say Darwin. They can't wrap themselves in a couple blankets?

I've been in -30 which i'm pretty sure was survivable.

That is one of the most singularly selfish, ignorant, and wicked things I have EVER heard someone say here on ATS.

You are just so tough. A situation arises where your family or friends (if you have any) end up in the hospital. Do you truly think that you can just return home (walking miles in the cold wind due to your vehicle having run out of fuel) to a frigid environment, curl up in a blanket, and enjoy a good book? Is that how you think we're all doing it here?

Or, if you die from sickness stemming from a lack of available doctors and medicine, or suffer incredible pain from dehydration caused by lack of clean drinking water and the cool temperatures, it must just be Darwin, right? I guess since you'd be in a bad spot it must be "because you're stupid," right?

Whatever. Say hello to the devil when you go back home, tonight.
edit on 5-11-2012 by SoulVisions because: You disgust me.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The Liberals in NYC are paying for their sins dearly, courtesy of God.

Just in time for the election too!

By the way, this post is 100% sarcastic.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hungry people tend to have few calories to expend trying to warm their bodies.
Same goes for thirst.
I do think the title is sensationalized in the numbers posted.
I agree people will probably freeze to death but hopefully far, far fewer than 10's of thousands.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

I'm very glad to hear some aid is being oranised, but I tell you now, if those two wanna be Hollywood superstars of their own imaginings, (aka Barrack & Mitt) allow their people to suffer to the point there is mass casualties/deaths, from insifficient aid, it will not be forgotten.

Ruling the people and Loving the people are two very differnet things.

Get your sh!t together boys!

Thank you for updating all of us, it is going to get rougher I think, before it gets better and my thoughts and love are with you all.
I heard a snippet on the radio the other day saying you have some big cold weather coming in too and I felt ill, it's the last thing you need right now. We have extreme weather here but I'm in awe of you guys with your winters, I don't know how you do it. You must be made of very stern stuff indeed.

Nature has a way of reminding us just how insignificant we are sometimes and all we can do is survive and help each other. Much luck and love to you all.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

The lack of compassion here from certain people is stunning. What the heck.

How smug of people to sit in their warm, comfortable homes in front of a glowing computer screen, well fed and superior,minimizing the suffering of people they don't know. Judging them.

Right now. Imagine that the roof just blew off your home and the basement flooded. Imagine no heat, electricity, food or clean water. Imagine cold. You would not be as 'prepared' as you think. And if you were surrounded by vast stretches of others in your poisition with very little help forthcoming and no way out, I wonder how superior you would feel?

Do you realize that hypothermia is deadly? Your body can shut down if exposed to temperatures well above the freezing mark. Invalids, children, elderly or people under extreme stress are much more vulnerable.

A little more compassion would not go amiss here.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

It's not truly logical or natural for humanity to exist in such densely populated areas as this. All of the fatalities and future deaths are because people are practically piled on top of each and have/had nowhere to go.
"History shows again and again how nature points out the follies of man." - B.O.C.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by Phoenix

Do the authorities in this case not see this whole situation as being dire?

What are they thinking?

No they don't see how serious it is they want to run a race around a city that they can not even get around in.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That's the situation my asshole neighbor is in. Before he would always talk about how useless and annoying the homeless were, how they should not live and so on..... He would also make fun of me for helping stray cats and dogs. Look at him now, desperately looking for some shelter and asking for help... I'm not happy about the situation he's in, but he damn deserves it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is how the Penguins manage...

...overlooking the fact of course most people are too selfish to think of sharing body warmth & organising themselves as one. Oh no, they're most likely thieving off the vulnerable, fighting at the pumps, & when the food runs out be cooking each other up!

The inherent nature of Humanity is rotten to the core which is why our host (mother earth) is having a detox.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Shhhhh! THEY are controlling the press to keep this quiet.
THEY don’t want it to overtake all the campaign in the news.

And don’t worry FEMA will ship in new voting booths.
So they can all still Vote. Pre-programmed machines of cores.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless90

I believe we are all here to learn a lesson. It is interesting how many times, I have seen it when the very same thing that people can not accept actually comes back and bites them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join