It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i don't like my neighbors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I live on a country road about 2 miles long with 5 houses on it. It is mostly farmland. We all know each other and help each other and life here is really nice.
But 2 years ago the house next to me sold. The people that moved in are just plain wierd. I went over to introduce myself last summer and due to their weirdness i decided i would just avoid them. they were really nervous i was there and just not friendly. when they drive by they don't look or wave at any of us. just weird for out here.
towards the end of last summer someone came and burned their shed down. i saw the guy walking down the street that did it but i didn't see anything, you know. turned out there was a meth lab in there. arson tape went up and i didn't see anyone there for a while but I don't know the outcome.
SO last night i had company, my sis & her husband and my neighbors. about 10:30 we were all walking from the barn to the house and clear as can be we heard a shot. Clearly heard it about 30 feet in front of us and clearly heard it go into the corn field. Well, needless to say it pissed us off. My brother in law started yelling at them telling them he was gonna call the cops among many profanities about how intelligent they were. We got no response but within 2 minutes their house was dark. first light this am I went out and checked all my farm animals, house, car, truck, etc. just to be sure they didn't put a bullet in anything.
so i'm still stewing and i don't know why. i never did anything to them. are they just friggin stupid or are they starting something?
they did tell me they came from the city and it looks like they brought their darn city troubles with them.
I just wish they would move away. they don't belong out here.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What I find interesting about your story is that there was a meth lab which burned down, and yet the people are still living there. Wouldn't they have gone to prison for this?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Sounds like you got a bunch of tweekers next door - good luck to you...

I'm also wondering why they didn't go to jail if there was a meth lab there...should have condemned the place in most states

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

This is possible. They might all have ankle bracelets, but they are probably still living there.
Sometimes meth users don't go to prison, they get parole around my parts. Too many people and not enough prison.
We have neighbors whose house is foreclosed, they waited a few weeks, popped the lock and moved back in. No water, no electricity, and they cooked on a grill. But they lived there for quite some time until the bank sent people over to tend the yard.
The OP seems to have got one of my old neighbors. Keep your things safe, spread the word around that your house has a security system. These people are usually like roaches, any inkling of the police will send them scattering. I must ask you to be vigilant, if you give them an inch, they take a mile, using the "my neighbors don't care" excuse to push the envelope more.
I'm pretty sure they will lose the house pretty soon. They won't be able to keep up payments. Either that, or the lab will blow again, taking them and the house with it. A one story meth house hoots flames up to three stories high.

edit on 4-11-2012 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have some similar neighbors myself, apparently a neighbor bought a new home and gave her old home to her grandmother so she could move out of the ghetto. Well Grammy also brought with her a sister, two adult sons (40+) , and two teenage granddaughters and 2 other teenage males. Now the once quiet street I lived on has cars parked all up and down the street, a strange ammonia like stench, traffic coming and going at all hours, vandalism and trespassing is a weekly headache, loud "boom" car stereos that plays either "gangsta rap" or just a bass line non stop and these people are just LOUD, they don't have a inside voice, just a loud hick yell.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I don't understand it either. I did have a cop come to my farm and tell me that. and for months after, sheriffs were going by alot. like 1 every day or so. lived here 20 years and the only cop I ever saw before that happened asked for directions, seriously.
It seems like 'he' was gone for about a year, 'she' and what i presume is her daughter never left.
guess i should dig into public county records to see what the outcome was.
I've just been trying too hard to ignore them.
tweekers, huh? great. the only thing i know about meth people is that they steal the nitros from the tanks of the farmers in the spring.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

Be careful of the ammonia smell, please. If you can get a fan and direct the fumes back at them. It's very dangerous.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

I wish they would lose it soon so we can get back to 'normal' haha. I do have an alarm system and I even have my tool barn hooked up to it. and I'm very diligent about turning it on, even if i just go to the grocery or something. all these corn fields make it easy for thieves.

yea, I'm pretty sure they are still into the meth thing. there will be like alot of traffic for a day or two, then nothing for a week or two. it just sucks it was always so nice out here . and i sure don't like being shot at.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

It's two houses away, my rangefinder shows it to be 80 yards to the back building that I suspect it's coming from. We live next to a elementary school, so if it does get busted (doubtful) they will get some extra nice charges.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Who knows what they're up to. They probably think you are weird as well. City people aren't used to waving at neighbours. They keep to themselves because they aren't trusting. In a big city, your staring and waving is considered suspicious, threatening and intrusive. They don't know each others business and don't want to.

As for the gun shot, how do you know where it was fired, if them?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

it sounded small like a 22cal, and it had to come from there. they are about 500 feet away (door to door), and the next neighbor is about 1/2 mile on down the road.
and the odd lights out reaction when we yelled at them seemed to secure their guilt.
they probably were not shooting at us (i hope), just shooting randomly in the dark. there is a bridge in between us, the bullet might have ricocheted off the guard rail or something.
always the optimist i suppose

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Dude - I know people don't like being rats & all but it's next to an elementary school? Shouldn't you at least report the smell & let it go from there?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

It has been reported by multiple neighbors, to multiple agencies, I have lost all faith in this area as far as that goes. I have spoken with a local guardian angel rep about it so lets see where that goes.

Edit: By Guardian Angels I mean www.guardianangels.org...
edit on 4-11-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, the other posters have answered my question. So you are stuck with weirdos. That's awful. When we moved out to the country, we made sure we bought a house where the nearest neighbor was a mile away.

Perhaps they were firing their gun at night to keep you away from something......is there some kind of a field or woods around there? I'm thinking perhaps they're growing something like cannabis, and it should be around harvest time, depending on where you are in the country. They might be paranoid and want everybody to stay away.

As the economy tanks even farther, don't expect these people to improve as neighbors, as it may be their only source of income. Some people who do this are very ruthless and don't care if they shoot you, or one of your animals, in order to protect their crop. I wouldn't walk around to try and find anything, often these types of operations are booby-trapped.

Then again, they could just be idiots shooting in the dark. Creeps like them tend to implode eventually, either they get busted for something illegal, or they lose their property to foreclosure or back taxes. Hang in there, and sorry they're ruining your neighborhood!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by violet

it sounded small like a 22cal, and it had to come from there. they are about 500 feet away (door to door), and the next neighbor is about 1/2 mile on down the road.
and the odd lights out reaction when we yelled at them seemed to secure their guilt.
they probably were not shooting at us (i hope), just shooting randomly in the dark. there is a bridge in between us, the bullet might have ricocheted off the guard rail or something.

I wouldn't know how to tell what kind of gun was fired.
It would freak me out too.

The lights all going out part is something I do when I want to fake I went to bed or to drop a hint I'm not up for visitors. Your shouting might have made them think you were going to come over and perhaps they're scared of you?

Wanting to be left alone does not mean you have something to hide. It just means leave us alone. I think they gave you that cue right away when they moved in.

I suspect this seems unusual to you because you are accustomed to being friendly with the neighbours.

Anyways that's just my take on it, from somebody who's lived in large cities most of my life.

edit on 4-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by violet

I wouldn't know how to tell what kind of gun was fired.
It would freak me out too.

The lights all going out part is something I do when I want to fake I went to bed or to drop a hint I'm not up for visitors. Your shouting might have made them think you were going to come over and perhaps they're scared of you?

Wanting to be left alone does not mean you have something to hide. It just means leave us alone. I think they gave you that cue right away when they moved in.

I suspect this seems unusual to you because you are accustomed to being friendly with the neighbours.

Anyways that's just my take on it, from somebody who's lived in large cities most of my life.

edit on 4-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

(/quote)
Wanting to be left alone does not mean you have something to hide. It just means leave us alone. I think they gave you that cue right away when they moved in. (/quote)

I agree, and I have indeed left them alone. and they have done the same with me until now.
I really hope they are scared of me. They know I'm a widow but they also know I have alot of firepower here. I shoot alot but I shoot safely and not in their direction. I have quite a few animals in the pastures and if they 'accidentally' shoot one I will flip out. I understand people raised in the city are different thinking from country folk, but they are the ones that moved out here. and i think they moved out here hoping to do their meth lab thing in secret. And I think they did somebody wrong and that was who burned their shed down. frankly i don't care what they do as long as they don't bother me. Hopefully they will do themselves in and lose the house soon. My secret (public) wish....
their thoughtless stupidity last night just freaked me out. tonight was a bit comical too, I didn't see any lights on other than in their basement. It figures, there are 2 houses in 2 miles close together and that would be me and them.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I suspected a gun owner when you could describe the sound of a .22. It really does sound like it's going "pew" compared to other guns.
They are very afraid of authority, the lights out phenomena occurs if a cop car drives by. They make themselves more conspicuous by behaving like kids at a slumber party.

As to telling the law enforcement about the suspicious Ammoniaville, they really can't do anything until they have concrete evidence as strong as an undercover agent buying. The one house I saw burn was reported several times, but they were waiting until, get this. "All the cats they own to piss through the ceiling, causing it to fall."
They placidly drove by once a week, hoping the cats of the meth house were well hydrated. I suspect the cats are quite dried out, now. None of them made it out of the house. It went fast.
edit on 4-11-2012 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Just a thought in your favor, do you have wireless internet? Could they be stealing it ? (pirating it) There's a charge there. Neighbors from the nether regions are tough to be around. I had a next door neighbor come over to my house last year. He and his wife (city folk) and start telling me how it was gonn'a be....... um, ok......... really...? I told him as kindly as I could that they were not going to last long in this community with that attitude. All the time trying to be cordial, but that tested my kindness to the extreme. As fortune would have it, they decided the country would not meet their expectations, and the place is up for sale again. With no occupants. What helps me, is that I'm friends with the local LEO's in this area, and I'm considered another plumb dumb good 'ol boy (A good thing by the way)

Most around here are Old Money, and well educated, or at least very wise ....Country wise..... But in other words, not easily ingratiated by cons or the like. It took me, as I moved here from California, it took me a while to break into the click, but have succeeded very well in gaining their admiration and loyalty. And I have given much time to community to earn that trust and acceptance.

Man, I feel for you.... There's nothing worse than what you face.
You might try finding out through the County the property owners on the deed, then do a bit of criminal background investigation like sex crime and felon and such, maybe theres a tool? And you might want to note the car traffic down if you think they are meth dealer/cooks. Good luck, I know your needing it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Their last name wouldn't be "Klopeck" by any chance would it? If it is then don't go in to their cellar!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Ok - so this neighbor doesn't go by the law. Meth shack getting torched and all...

...but other than that, you fail to look at the situation from their point of view - IF they weren't meth heads..

City folk do not wave at each other going down the street..just the occasional head nod if your down for some 'stuff'' if you know what I am implying. To top that off - lets pretend they weren't Meth heads - you start hoop'n and hollering at the sound of gun fire that you think came from the neighbors house... What if it didn't - all your neighbor hears is a BAM and then y'all yelling crud to them....they then turn off their lights.. I'd do that too if I was city folk. Not only have you creeped the F out of them, you are now yelling threats after someone shoots a gun off... City folk are scared of guns - they all think that only crooks have guns. They probably don't know that it is OK to shoot guns in the county as long as you don't violate any quiet hour laws (if applicable). These kind hearted city folk move from the hustle and bustle of city life - maybe they got mugged too many times and can't trust anyone...move to the country side for a new beginning-only to be perceptibly harassed, get their Bio fuel lab torched, now get gun shots followed by profanities their way....

Maybe you should put aside your prejudices and give them that Pecan Pie. Time to welcome your new neighbor instead of being afraid of them. Show them the country life they need to know and that y'all aren't a bunch of inbred mo fo's...

...then torch any new meth lab they pop up (if applicable)....

-CN / my 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join