It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Rock wants you to vote for the white guy for president...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That was funny

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What, you thought they would actually let a Black Man into the White House?

Sorry. I dig Chris Rock material. I don't care what color your skin is.

"Black people don't have to visit the hood, cause they are already there."

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI
EVEN FUNNIER than this was how badly the Conservatives here were DROOLING at the title of this thread...

...that was UNTIL they hit the play button on the video!!

I bet most of them almost broke their mouse-clicking finger in attempt to hurry up and play the video so that they can have it quickly forwarded into Hanity, Rush and Levin and the other BOZOS on the radio to show how an African American wants the "white guy"!!

Good stuff Chris Rock!!

edit on 4-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

^^^No doubt.

I actually wouldn't be half surprised if these shows up as the headline on Drudge. Nine times out of ten the super-hardcore conservative loons don't even bother to read the articles, watch the videos, or check the sources anyways. I cannot count how many times I've seen ATS posts w/ outrageous headlines making incredible claims which then cites a "source" which says the exact opposite. The nuttery surrounding Benghazi right now certainly comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by awhtap
reply to post by adjensen

Hey Now, I am very familiar with Chris Rock and his schtick. I don't really find him that funny to begin with. I'm all for the mood to lighten, I'm just saying — if this was flipped a whole lot of people would not think its so funny.

Really? I thought it was hilarious when Romney was pretending to be an orange Mexican.

Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

Funny, yes. Politically relevant, no.

I think the message was more for non white voters the anything. Just because Chris Rock, a black comedian, supports Romney, must mean he is real progressive.

That is the real joke
edit on 4-11-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

LMAO you totally didn't watch the video...

OH WOW!!!

As if to prove my point in this post... www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can't make this stuff up, people. Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
LOL...that was hysterical....some very funny observations......but I also think he was trying to use humor to show how absurd this whole 2 party, there's a "difference" system is.......it would have been interesting had he actually endorced a canidate...in my dreams Gary Johnson....

One more day my fellow Americans, and we see how this all unfolds...we all know the likely "rigged" outcome....sure hope a strong showing for a third party will be represented in this election.....but I'm an optomist......thanks for the laugh.......

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If Chris Rock was white, would this video be perceived as racist? just saying....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dude77

It is more socially acceptable to make fun of white people because of history. Black people suffered from legal discrimination up until ONLY 50 years ago. There are many black people still alive who were part of the civil rights movement. The USA is still a pretty racist place.

Chris Rock makes fun of all everyone anyway.

It's called comedy.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by awhtap

Hey Now, I am very familiar with Chris Rock and his schtick. I don't really find him that funny to begin with. I'm all for the mood to lighten, I'm just saying — if this was flipped a whole lot of people would not think its so funny.

but its not... and they dont.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
why the double standard? if racism is still funny..?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes I will vote white. Gary Johnson the other white meat.

"If it's all white, it's all right"--- Chris Rock

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
If Chris Rock was white, would this video be perceived as racist? just saying....

To be fair there aren't many comedians black or white who could pull off this kind of humor without coming off as being racist. Chris Rock happens to be one of the few. One white comic I can think of who could get away with a skit like this might be Jon Stewart of the Daily Show. IMO
edit on 5-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11

Daniel Tosh is funny also

just saying....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would like to point out that racism has nothing to do with the subject. Which as far as i can discern is politics!

I said i would like to point it out.................... but in America race allways seems to come into play! Same in my own UK.

Why cant it just be funny??? LoL

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

If it was funny, it should be viewed as comedy. I love racist comedy and I hate racism. To me for the most part, the comedians don't seem to be really racist.

Everyone is different. I was with a bunch of friends, I have a lot of white friends, watching Louis CK, the room got quiet when when he got to his N-word bit. I ways the only one laughing.

My belief is that just about anything can be funny, if done correctly.

Here is an example of CK's humor.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

He goes on about "crackers" too. If its funny, its funny... Cracker ass cracker!
Not you... him.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSin

Thats the problem with "white folk". They are too serious. Lighten up! Thats why they call it "comedy". Levity and humor.

Thats why there are wars and riots and poverty. If you can't laugh about the injustices then you aren't "human"istic.

But Neocionservativechurchbotrepublicans don't get that. They are mostly afraid all the time that someone is going to get them or their stuff. Just look. They started a war on "terror".

Lions and Tigers and bears... Oh My!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes, Chris Rock is "funny". Obama, all the way for him. Don't like him, but, i giggled. Cos i know, as others, it is a lose lose situation in the end.

No difference, no matter whom you vote for. Only difference is color, with the same outcome. Not¿.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

Obviously you didnt look at the vid if you think that Chris is endorsing Romney. The "White" guy he is endorsing is Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join