It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to New Yorkers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
New York,

I know things are looking grim. I know it is only getting harder. I know the nights are getting longer and colder. I know it really hurts. I know.

It will bring tears to the eyes. It will make you clench your fists. It will make you lose your mind.

But I know this as well. We can take it. Some say bad things happen to the strong because they are the ones who can take it. The ones who can overcome it. I don't know if everything happens for a reason. Maybe not.

What you can be certain of is that NY will overcome this. YOU will get through this. We are only going to get stronger for it.

Everything we have been through has taught us this. You can't survive in NY without a little corner inside your self of indestructible stuff. You can't walk our streets from alphabet city to platano city without some balls to you.

Remember that. Nature buries us in snow, Burns us in the sun, and everything in-between. We get the worst of crazies, jerks, and psychos man can throw our way.

We still get by. We aren't going anywhere.

From the street bulls in the Bronx to the hustlers in crooklyn. From the peddlers in Hunts point to the Bohemians in Soho. We all have what's wise. We know how to get by.

NY's finest, its bravest. Wise guys and street wise guys. Mamacitas and senoiritas. Every freaking body.

You don't get to be NY by letting die. You don't become the capital.of the world by being less then excellent.

Things look tough, damn desperate really, but remember who you are. We can overcome this. This is no different then everything else our fair.people have gone through. We still are who we are and that means something. Irish, Italian, all sorts of Spanish, African, Asian, you name it we are it. It is not a simple city or people being tested, it is the world. We are the best of everybody. We lack nothing.

So NY, remember your NY love. Your NY strength, that NY heart. Look in the mirror and see yourself for what you are. Hardcore bad ass of the tenth degree. Nothing is too much for you. Nothing impossible.

Keep your head up. Eyes straight and on the prize. Our prayers are with you, you are not alone.

Hold it down.
NY style.

edit on 4-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Your post along with your avatar....

makes it awesome.

Thank you for that

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

I'm lucky enough to be on the west coast. But OP's message is one to draw strength from and have hope knowing people really do care about you. SnF for great message.So many good hearts going out to you people. Be strong.

edit on 4-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join