Did NASA Find Gold On Mars?

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm not convinced, but this guy seems to think so...

Mod Note: 15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Can you give a small description of the video.

The cell phone is not getting good reception right now.

How much, where and why does he think so?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
Did NASA Find Gold On Mars?

I doubt it.

If they did, the Rothschilds would have already sent a team to go steal it while simultaneously telling the masses that gold is a crappy useless investment

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
if they did, it'll be a race to hoard it.

can you imagine going to mars, unmarsing all the gold, go back to earth and then reburying it as gold bars under fort knox.

it sounds insane. so the government may be seriously considering contracting a $15 billion feasibility report from henry kissingers think tank.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It certainly does look like gold to me I must say... it could also explain those small shiny things they found in the soil.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Can you give a small description of the video.

The cell phone is not getting good reception right now.

How much, where and why does he think so?

He is using the Mars section of Google Earth.

He believes there are ridiculous amounts of Gold in at-least several locations on Mars.

He believes this is why the American Government is so interested in the planet

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OR...."Huge deposits of yellow snow - everywhere".

So convincing, this guy. Good to know someone can spot gold when they see it in a grainy overexposed picture from the orbit of another planet. Why doesn't this guy work for NASA??

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If it is actually gold, at least the cost of mining it (going there and back) will probably outweigh the value of the gold. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea to take large amounts of mass from one planet and put it onto another planet anyway because it could eventually mess with our orbits. Not to mention if we started to bring back huge deposits of gold then the value of gold would plummet. If that actually is gold on Mars, the amount there is enough to make all the gold on Earth virtually worthless.
edit on 4/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if they did, it'll be a race to hoard it.

can you imagine going to mars, unmarsing all the gold, go back to earth and then reburying it as gold bars under fort knox.

it sounds insane. so the government may be seriously considering contracting a $15 billion feasibility report from henry kissingers think tank.

Value of Gold per pund - about US$25,000
Cost of shiping 1 lb from Mars to Earth: the cost of getting a sample back to earth has been estimated as anythign from $3 billion-$6 billion (Blog link)

So no - I can't imagine anyone wanting to be bothered!!

(not to mention if you did bring a bunch of gold back teh value would actually fall!!)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is what you get when people with a little knowledge make outrageous claims for view clicks on You Tube. Mistaking lens flare or light refraction for a metal is naive at best.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It looks a lot like over-exposue of those areas in the photo that are catching the light. The photo is exposed so that the darker areas will resolve, so, you lose information in the top end of the range of the ccd .

It does look like gold though, however, I don't imagine that it would be available for us to see openly if it were. A spectrograph of that area might give the information needed to prove one way or the other.

Just my 2 cents...for whatever that's even worth anymore.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Those pics have color filters on them don't they?

Could be sulfur...just because it's yellow & appears to be shiny doesn't mean it's gold...
edit on 4-11-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ok but it weighs less on mars so you would get more per pound

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

I'm not convinced,

Neither am I. Mars is less dense than Earth. According to current understanding, heavier elements like gold would have melted during planetary formation and differentiated, sinking into the core of the forming planet. Since Mars is less geologically active than Earth, there would have been fewer ways for the gold to be transported to the surface. Much of the heavier elements near the Earth's surface, incidentally, are believed to be meteoric in origin. (That's right, your wedding ring started out in the heart of an asteroid!) It is therefore highly unlikely that there would be fields of gold dust scattered across the surface of Mars. In any case, it looks like a trick of the light to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

Ok but it weighs less on mars so you would get more per pound

Which also means you won't even get $25,000 if you do bring it back......

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

All kidding aside any sample of mars is worth more than gold

The rocks are a rare treat for researchers, allowing them to investigate relatively pristine chunks of Martian material. Such freshly delivered pieces of the Red Planet have been found on only four other occasions, the last time in 1962. As a result of their scarcity and scientific value, the rocks are selling for incredibly high prices — 10 times the price of gold or more. News of the meteorites' Martian origin was first reported by the Associated Press.

Source
edit on 11/4/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I love it when people use Google maps.

The discovery's made have been staggering. Giant solar system sized spaceships, the entrance to the center of the earth, moonbases, and now gold on Mars.

Some people, I swear.

One other thing, why would NASA cover Martian gold up. What would be the point? It is not like it would be accessible. Hell it could possibly start another space race and advance our stagnated sense of discovery.

But what do I know, I don't have Google Mars, moon, or earth.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well if there is gold on Mars you know what the means, right?

Discovery is guaranteed another season... Gold Rush: Mars

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Don't 'Ancient Alien Theorists' believe that ancient aliens visited earth to harvest gold? (rhetorical)
If that's an accurate conclusion, Mars was picked clean long ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Eventually mars will provide the resources for massive spacecraft that will be built in orbit due to their size.
I honestly think that we will be building spacecraft in orbit of earth within a 100 years, all that gold (if it is) will go a long way to providing high quality avionics of super massive craft within 250 years.

new topics

top topics

join