It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharaonic princess's tomb found near Cairo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The finding of the Tomb of a Princess and also officials at Abudir...

Czech archaeologists have unearthed the 4,500-year-old tomb of a Pharaonic princess south of Cairo, in a finding that suggests other undiscovered tombs may be in the area, an official from Egypt's antiquities ministry said Saturday

She is the daughter of the king, but only her tomb is there, surrounded by the four officials, so the question is, are we going to discover other tombs around hers in the near future? We don't know anything about her father, the king, or her mother, but hope that future discoveries will answer these questions," El-Bialy said

phys.org...

The relief sculptures look very good quality.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
very interesting..because i have no idea who Men Salbo is!?

if shes a daughter of a king, of the 5th dynasty...then who could her father be??
heres the 5th dynasty king list...choose one:

Userkaf
Sahura
Neferirkara
Shepseskara
Raneferef
Nyuserra
Menkauhor
Djedkara
Unas

im going with menkahor lol

but to be honest...Salbo is not an egyptian word which is traditional in any of the kings 5 titles at any time

weird

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Yes the name seems unknown

“the daughter of the king Men Salbo and his lover venerated before God the all-powerful.” The list of known pharaohs of the 5th Dynasty is small and “Men Salbo” is not among them, although it could be an alternate name. By 2000 B.C. pharaohs regularly went by five names: the Horus name, the Nebti name, the Gold Horus name, the Throne name and the Birth name. It’s rare even for pharaohs of later, better documented dynasties to have all five names included in one inscription, so when a new name crops up it doesn’t necessarily mean a new pharaoh has been added to the timeline.

www.thehistoryblog.com...

I suppose the question is whose pyramid complex are these burials possibly related to.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

I suppose the question is whose pyramid complex are these burials possibly related to.

Abusir is a large necropolis....it has many different pyramids and tombs

but i think i have an idea....i remember that there is a couple of small pyramids in the area, who we dont know who owns them, except for the fact that it was a queen....

she was only a princess...but had a prominent tomb.......i`l get a link

ABUSIR -

The tombs of several high officials and family members are located in the direct vicinity of their king's pyramid:
Lepsius Pyramid no. 24 — The pyramid belonged to a woman, likely a queen. The name of the vizier
Ptahshepses appears among builders' marks, which dates the pyramid to the time of Pharaoh Nyuserre [1]

Lepsius Pyramid no. 25 — Likely the pyramid of a queen from the Fifth dynasty

en.wikipedia.org...

i think the clues will be found with the officials tombs surrounding hers
edit on 4-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Very interesting development, this should be develop some more 'fill' for the outline of history

Thanks Kantzvedlt

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I think the tranlation from the pillars will come under furthur scrutiny, especially as this King Men Salbo appears to have been a monotheist...

'the daughter of the king Men Salbo and his lover venerated before God the all-powerful'."

www.abc.net.au...

reply to post by Hanslune

Yes seems like good finds with the tomn complexes seemingly unscathed, some fine examples of the 'false door' iconography.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I think the tranlation from the pillars will come under furthur scrutiny, especially as this King Men Salbo appears to have been a monotheist...

Howdy Kantzvedlt

This may not be what it seems

"have hieroglyphic inscriptions giving the princess's name and her titles, which include 'the daughter of the king Men Salbo and his lover venerated before God the all-powerful'."

Conservative & moderate Muslims like the Hawass's replacement Mohammed Ibrahim tend to 'update' AE religion with their own religious view, especially if speaking publically. This statement is translated from Arabic with the inherent errors of that transaction plus it makes another error the use of 'his' instead of 'her'.

edit on 5/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Conservative & moderate Muslims like the Hawass's replacement Mohammed Ibrahim tend to 'update' AE religion with their own religious view, especially if speaking publically. This statement is translated from Arabic with the inherent errors of that transaction plus it makes another error the use of 'his' instead of 'her'.

cmon...get out of here with that comment

the glyphs are written in ancient egyptian....how can they censor it....
i admit some will get lost in translation...but in noway make the impression muslims are threatened by AE...

the only people that need to feel anyway are the Romans...afterall, their empire started on the fall of egypt and the killing of jesus! ( oh sorry. cleopatra and ceaserian
)

to add...egyptians have to deal with every rosicrucian, cayces, carters, and any pagan or pseudo muppet that turns up, and think they have the right to desicrate...not artifacts...but tombs...just saying...cut them some slack...if carter can hide stuff why cant they...once again just saying!
edit on 5-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

personally i never got that monothesim issue

and i dont think it was an old kingdom issue

who knows maybe the sun kings and ra cult took things further towards monthesim
but i would of thought that was late 6th dynasty

intriguing

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

cmon...get out of here with that comment

the glyphs are written in ancient egyptian....how can they censor it....
i admit some will get lost in translation...but in noway make the impression muslims are threatened by AE...

Oh was it? Can you show an image of the glyph? No one said anything about them being threaten, still making up stuff I seel. We are seeing a report of non-native speakers translated into English by a journalist - yeah not the slightest chance of a misquote eh, lol, example they get the gender mixed up......

new topics

top topics

join