It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is an idea....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
with the idea of "labels" the distinction of "reality" and "mind" is born and one is given more importance than the other, and importance and non-importance are also just ideas...

If you see a tree, you label it as "tree" and it is realized as a concept Based on these labels the ideas of "perfection" and "imperfection" is born.

"Truth" , "Reality" , "perception", "existence" vs "non-existence" all of these are ideas.

Beliefs such as "humans should be or do this, or life should unfold in tis way or that way" is also just am idea.

The past is also just an Idea so called "memories" are just us VISUALIZING to the best of our ability what we believe happened at a "previous" time. And the future is just illusion, visualizing different possibilities and what we THINK is most likely to occur.

This idea that there is knowledge to be gained is also just another perspective of one BELIEF syste, of how one should be...

science is also just a perspective that we should learn about the world by experimenting and observing around us.

And even logic is just another perspective since you can choose to be illogical...

Whether you agree with the perspective or not. I does not change the fact that it is just another perspective.

Truth seems to be contradiction, and even THIS is another idea...

Life always changes, but in fact it never changes because it's always changing...

nothing can be certain - known for sure, but in fact this statement is made as a certainty...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
now your entering the mind of god!
what max plank called the 'matrix' (not the movie!)
we are all just particles,vibrating in a wave length,but it is our ego that makes us 'think' we are solid.
its when you can achieve pure conscience,is when you will not require your 'shell'!
be like budda
be like the christ
be like god!
peace

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Plato's "Theory of Forms" is quite interesting. Essentially, it is the notion that there is more reality ground in the Idea of a thing, than there is in the thing itself. For example; a series of chairs are in front of you, each different from the next. All of them are "Chairs", yet all are different from each other; we call them chairs because they have a "Chairness" to them, so the idea of the "chairness" is more real than the fact of the chairs themselves. I think. lol
edit on 4-11-2012 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
When you label something....you negate it. Also when you accept a label for yourself and identify with it...I'm a Democratic, I'm a Steelers fan...etc. You set yourself up for the divide and conquer.

People that identify with a "label" or "team" or "nation" or "religion" find that the "reward" recepter in the brain is enacted. Therefore when someone says something negative about their "label" or "team", there is an actual physical pain associated with it...from that reactions occur!

As the Eastern tradition says...It is best to be nothing, in that you are everything...pure potentiality!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anon4m05

And when you think about it...
Even this Idea of "more" or "less" realness is an idea.

The chair is an idea whether it is physical or imaginary (of mind) . All things are ideas (conceptual)....

But the idea of realness cause us to feel an extreme separation and even separation is an idea...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
PS Good thoughts on logic, illogic and history. Our history has been so convoluted and sideswiped it is as far from the truth as can be. Of late, I've noticed that if I actually look at things in the opposite of how they are presented...seems to make more sense. Just like the Seinfeld episode where George does everything the opposite and turns out to be successful...well it is kinda like that!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes. Everything is simply a story that the chemical and electrical reactions in your brain has manufactured to allow you to navigate both physically and mentally, in this 3D world.

It's all it is.

Every time you get angry at something that happened yesterday, last week, last year, 10 years ago.. it's a story in your head that your mind is telling you. nothing more. what you do with it is how you live. if you let your mindful self catch onto these stories and allow yourself to be taken away with them, mentally, into the past, or the future, and you 'LIVE' that experience as reality in your mind, your body reacts as if it were physically there. Heart rate rising, blood pressure rising, anger growing, or happiness spreading in your heart.

All of it is a story in your mind, which you either allow to come and go unhindered by your attention, or you allow your attention to grab onto it, to push it away or to embrace it entirely... or you allow to control where you are right now.

Like breathing.. you cannot take a breath 5 minutes ago that you can use now, nor can use use a breath now that you will take in 5 mines time. Your thoughts are only good right now, your presence. it's there where you see the formation of these stories, and where giving them a curiosity that does not judge renders these stories as just that.

Your emotions, they're exactly the same. Chemical and electrical reactions in your brain. But you don't often realise that the emotion is attached to thoughts. Stories.

your brain is an amazing xbox. it can render some brilliant 3D scenes, full 7.1 surround sound system built in, and two of the best controllers ever made. But without the power to make it happen, it's simply dead cells.

So everything is an idea... but ideas are an amazing thing, in that they are born from a structure that is so complex and intricate we can only still look at it in awe. How at the very base of it all, it's just chemicals and electrical signals.

rambling monday morning coffee story over.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
Of late, I've noticed that if I actually look at things in the opposite of how they are presented...seems to make more sense.

Ah yes, the old switcheroo. I think it's called Chiasmus(i.e."One should eat to live,not live to eat.", or a better known example "ask not what your country can do for you;ask what you can do for your country.", etc.)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Its no just an idea Arpgme its feeling.........life is feeling.! not just thought.
edit on 5-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Actually that is an important thing to remember; we can feel for a good reason, we have emotion because it (can) serves us well. To much logic and you can rationalize just about anything (although some would make the case that, in this instance, one would be being "illogical"). A mind all Logic is like a knife all blade; it makes bleed the hand that uses it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Read:
Plato's The Republic
Shopenhaur's The World as Will and Idea (representation)
Hegel's Philosophy of History
Kant's Critique of Pure Reason

The idea that everything is idea is over 2500 yeas old.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon4m05

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
Of late, I've noticed that if I actually look at things in the opposite of how they are presented...seems to make more sense.

Ah yes, the old switcheroo. I think it's called Chiasmus(i.e."One should eat to live,not live to eat.", or a better known example "ask not what your country can do for you;ask what you can do for your country.", etc.)

edit on 5-11-2012 by blazenresearcher because: Hit enter when I shouldn't...Mommy

Excellent...how about...the only thing that got in the way of my knowledge...was my education~ Einstein...What about...Evolution has been proven for everything.....with the exception of Man ~ Darwin...
edit on 5-11-2012 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
Read:
Plato's The Republic
Shopenhaur's The World as Will and Idea (representation)
Hegel's Philosophy of History
Kant's Critique of Pure Reason

The idea that everything is idea is over 2500 yeas old.

That sparks an interest, Perfect time framing.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Yes. Everything is simply a story that the chemical and electrical reactions in your brain has manufactured to allow you to navigate both physically and mentally, in this 3D world.

It's all it is.

Every time you get angry at something that happened yesterday, last week, last year, 10 years ago.. it's a story in your head that your mind is telling you. nothing more. what you do with it is how you live. if you let your mindful self catch onto these stories and allow yourself to be taken away with them, mentally, into the past, or the future, and you 'LIVE' that experience as reality in your mind, your body reacts as if it were physically there. Heart rate rising, blood pressure rising, anger growing, or happiness spreading in your heart.

All of it is a story in your mind, which you either allow to come and go unhindered by your attention, or you allow your attention to grab onto it, to push it away or to embrace it entirely... or you allow to control where you are right now.

Like breathing.. you cannot take a breath 5 minutes ago that you can use now, nor can use use a breath now that you will take in 5 mines time. Your thoughts are only good right now, your presence. it's there where you see the formation of these stories, and where giving them a curiosity that does not judge renders these stories as just that.

Your emotions, they're exactly the same. Chemical and electrical reactions in your brain. But you don't often realise that the emotion is attached to thoughts. Stories.

your brain is an amazing xbox. it can render some brilliant 3D scenes, full 7.1 surround sound system built in, and two of the best controllers ever made. But without the power to make it happen, it's simply dead cells.

So everything is an idea... but ideas are an amazing thing, in that they are born from a structure that is so complex and intricate we can only still look at it in awe. How at the very base of it all, it's just chemicals and electrical signals.

rambling monday morning coffee story over.

You seem to have good cognitive morning skills for a wino fiend! Just an observation...

top topics

join