According to the telegraph Ufologie is dying!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Do you have to visit the Ranch, or can you still see spooky stuff outside? Or would that be rude?
I guess that's the place where Robbie Williams visited with Jon Ronson...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Sorry Unity_99 your video is VERY misleading all the usual problems that we see with these videos, if you have contact with the people who made this tell them if the are that sure about this to film with at least 2 cameras one with a wider shot,the other with a closer view.

Have the camera with the closer view in shot from the camera with the wider view and even better a 3rd camera without the night vision to see some colours.

Also what are the still images at 53/54 seconds supposed to show?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
On the contrary, I believe that UFOlogy is alive and well. There is plenty of proof, if you take the time to look and understand what is going on. All it takes is one compelling case, in our lifetime, and we have had hundreds, if nt thousands. Just in the last month, in the US, we had many compelling sightings, including one in Southern Illinois seen by the masses. There is also the one captured by the astronomer in Kentucky. I do not believe this sighting was a balloon. It looks nothing like the child toy, plus an astronomer said it was at an impossible balloon altitude of 100,000 feet.

Yes there are hoaxes, some likely done to discredit those who continue to study this mysterious subject. However, I still maintain that UFOs hold many mysteries, ones which turn the world upside down when irrefutable proof is provided. Although, I think we are already there. We have tons of creditable witnesses, video, pictures, and even physical proof in the form of landing marks, radiation fields, and abductee implants.

Ufology is alive and well. At least I will continue to follow closely.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Lets face it camera equipment has got 1000's of times better that the 50's and cheap enough for almost anyone to afford yet the pics of UFO's just keeps getting worse and worse. Almost all UFO sightings these days rely on the object being so far away we cant tell what it is and i predict that its going to stay like this from now on. As camera zooms gets better and better all the UFO's that are currently to far away to see will become identifiable as normal objects and the average distance for a UFO sighting is just going to get further and further away.

Think about it when was the last time you saw a video or picture of a definite craft that hasn't turned out to be fake or a clear case of miss identification? All the UFO's are just specs of lights in the distance. The only reason they are UFO's is they are to far away to see what they are and all the rest always turn out to be fakes. Reality is sinking in.
edit on 5-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well what we need is for people to create more programs that identify photoshop and CGI. If we had those then Ufologists could utilize them to solve cases. If we could do that, ufology would be revived.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ufohunter16

I am sure there are the skills and software which already exist (demonstrated in the Grecian Goats thread) to forensically examine potential fakes.
It's the mind-numbing tedium and time better spent actually living one's life which is the cost. One which less and less people are willing to pay.
edit on 5-11-2012 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The only thing dying here is the British press and toeing the line on UFOs.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
On the contrary, I believe that UFOlogy is alive and well. There is plenty of proof, if you take the time to look and understand what is going on.

(..)

We have tons of creditable witnesses, video, pictures, and even physical proof in the form of landing marks, radiation fields, and abductee implants.

The ufology has became more and more marginal interest in last 10 years, almost an niche among what already is controversial. The entire UFO-topic is nowadays similar to what ghosts and spirits were in the past - they make good stories but to seriously study them any further has passed it's sell-by date.

The most famous evidence (like Santilli's alien autopsy footage) have been hoaxed and the Internet is flooded with more or less well-made CGI's of UFO's and aliens. Also, is it an mere coincidence that one of the most best-known book about alien abduction (at the time # 1 on NY Times bestseller list with over 2 million copies sold) was written by science fiction novelist Whitley Strieber, who at the time of writing admittedly "drank himself to sleep every evening"?

Secondly, UFO's are currently mainstream and something which passes as entertainment: Ancient Aliens- series was very popular one, not to mention TV series like UFO Hunters or UFO Chasers. These shows always follow the same concept: second-hand stories, reconstructions, drawings - but never any hard evidence to show there is anything more to them. To say they differ from anything what was the pattern in the past is not an exaggeration.

The UFO's and aliens are a pick n' mix in today's alternative belief systems. Part of UFO-subculture mixes the phenomenon with new-age beliefs where the space brothers communicate telepathically and are connected to Mayan calendar, chacras and healing crystals. The people who are shown as "UFO researches" in the UFO documentaries in most cases offer what is valuable only in the field of cognitive psychology, not astronomy.

With such track record it takes very dedicated person that still wants to believe.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't think the number of UFO sightings is decreasing. Its just that the "quality" of the sightings has been steadily decreasing for many years/decades.

I think this is because there are more "true believers" out there who get excited any time they see a light that looks in any way abnormal in the night sky. They automatically think "Oh. It must be an alien spaceship, I've got to tell someone."

Unfortunately, I think the percentage of "mundane, easily explainable" sightings has been steadily increasing and the percentage of "strange, anomalous" sightings has been steadily decreasing.

I think this might at least be partially due to the fact that there seems to be increasing numbers of sightings of "Chinese" or "Thai" fire lanterns reported as UFOs. For some reason, it appears that there are still large numbers of people who are unfamiliar with them.

It is also true that "You-Tube" is flooded with video that clearly demonstrates that the overwhelming majority of "UFO videos" are nothing but tiny, out of focus lights in the sky.

That doesn't mean that there are (no longer) any true anomalies, but I think it shows why there may also be an increasing level of skepticism towards the proposal that some UFOs are evidence of ET visitors.

So maybe this also explains why the USAF decided to shut down Project Bluebook. Maybe they just got tired of wasting resources investigating trivial reports of "lights in the sky" and dealing with overly enthusiastic believers who thought they were in contact with ET.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I agree with some of the other posters that in the 21st century digital age photos and video can easily be manipulated and that is a problem for authenticity.

You can't kill the UFO history so it can never die I don't think. There will always be interest in this mysterious spooky subject.
edit on 5-11-2012 by JimTSpock because: spell!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I believe that you are confusing the interest people show in the field in general, and the ability of the study of UFO to remain an intellectual pursuit, rather than becoming increasingly the task of the deluded and the absolutely untrustworthy.

As it stands today, I can well understand why the article claims that UFOlogy is on the decline. The more the casual media use the subject matter, the more the subject is used as entertainment, rather than being front and centre of our most serious explorative efforts, then the more likely it is that the whole subject will become just another part of the background, and even more of a target for comedians, or a euphamism for BS.

The trouble is, that the subject has no legitimacy in the mainstream of conciousness. People either see nothing of it, or see the parts which are easily laughed off, or have been gone over again, and again, and again, with no new result. It is a subject which is full of imponderables, and unquantifiable values. Nothing buttoned down, nothing known without doubt. It is also a very deeply polarising subject for those that DO involve themselves in it in some way.

Either one believes , or disbelieves avidly, or takes the scientific approach, believeing only what can be measured and tested and poked and prodded by every stick that science can provide us. Although that leads to healthy debate amongst reasonable people in the field, it can also mean a very divided interest base for the subject as a whole. Because the whole field has so many faces to it, and so many opinions (which outwiegh solid fact in the arena by a significant portion) those who are interested in the UFO subject can rarely if ever speak with a single voice.

No matter what one believes about UFO, the reality of the situation is that unless UFOlogy gains some recognition from serious scientists, starts getting some deeply entrenched support amongst the physics and astrophysics communities (for example), it will never be able to maintain any level of importance for the every day person, and as such will wither and die. At the very least it will stop being what it is now, and become something much smaller and less well connected.

And perhaps it should? Who knows? Perhaps that would be the best thing for the subject.Christ knows there is some utter twaddle spoken about the subject these days, with all manner of people claiming that thier opinions are fact, that they alone are connected to the universal sub-ether, that they alone can commune with the great powers that occupy the gaps between the elemental particles that make up the whole of time and sodding space. Perhaps in order for these deluded oafs to be removed from public life, it would be best if UFOlogy took the tumble it is heading for.

It might well be that in order to get the serious work done, using rigorous science, rather than the hippy psuedo magic preffered by Steven Greer, or the linguistically impressive, but ultimately incorrect Alex Collier, that the entire fabric of UFOlogy as it is currently known, must collapse. Perhaps it is the tower of money that is made by the less scrupulous organisers of events, that needs to fall, to prevent liars and fraudsters, and the plain psychotic from stealing the show, from the much more boring people who are actually in this thing to discover reality, not escape it, or make money from the desires of others to do so.

I KNOW there are people out there, who have the expertise to add REAL meat to the debate, AND come to valuable and interesting conclusions on the evidence provided, not to mention being better able than most mooks (like myself for instance) of making value judgements about the value of a given bit of evidence. But such people, professionals in fields of science like forensics, astrophysics, and a whole host of related areas of research, are never going to join the search in numbers enough to make the effort worthwhile, unless the whole support base for the subject becomes a) a whole lot more serious about the role of UFOlogy in todays world, and b) a whole lot less populated by people who are either pulling the leg of the whole world, or are just about mad enough to pull someones leg OFF.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Wishful thinking by the deniers. Alien UFO's are not going away.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Sorry Unity_99 your video is VERY misleading all the usual problems that we see with these videos, if you have contact with the people who made this tell them if the are that sure about this to film with at least 2 cameras one with a wider shot,the other with a closer view.

Have the camera with the closer view in shot from the camera with the wider view and even better a 3rd camera without the night vision to see some colours.

Also what are the still images at 53/54 seconds supposed to show?

You're not the kind that would get contact, unless your Higher Self was fed up and decided to give you a really hard swift boot in the pants, and Im going to pray for that.

But there is absolutely no flare ups with satellites, no balloons doing that, its not a plane and we've watched those at his ranch, and you have no idea apparently of anything.

The very same energy signature (do you know what I mean, I won't explain it if you don't!) is upon his sitings as what we not only saw and witnessed but had direct contact with.

Its up to every single person to reach up to the hand reaching down to overcome this planets darkness

Anyone on this planet working to keep the people in darkness and ignorance while claiming they are in light, is deluding themselves and everything they think they understand in their mystery schools. Just putting that out to anyone on the thread who might fall into that category.

Suppression of truth is not a good thing.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wish I could get contacted.....naaaah I'm far too dark for it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Perhaps UFO's, mythical aliens and false abduction claims will die down, once we discover real life on other planets. Then the nonsense will die down.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
if telegraph s telling that: irt means Look the Other Way

its mass media - therefore Look the Othe r Way

...my girl had an open vision:

few days ago:

hunderdeds upon humdreds of ufos and orbs aggressively floating down

Only trust your Creator - and discard anything else

bless

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

...if You want to Live, all of You Friends here on ATS,

all of You who are prone to escape any Matrix,

then, by God, ignore all the false ,

and tell Him that you desire to be finally convinced by Him - and show Him to you -

Do that - i implore you - because everything else is *false*

......and we dont have no time no more

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

...i adore my girl...and she has never been wrong

her crown opened...and hundreds upon hundreds of ufoas and orbs she saw descending

- dont you all See ?
the very fisrt thing to happen, will be False Light
False Consciousness

....making mankind to believe in ' creators from space '
it will be, in your spirit, like a nuclear bomb exploding in your spirit -
WHO will protect you from the false light??

only God

again i ask you - understand the sequence of events
and be prepared

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
*hurt*

...tell me... - im the only one one on whole ATS...who is afraid of the false light coming ?

..should i engage in the non-topics about the non-events also ?

....dont tell me ATS s just as blinded as the sheeple they accuse ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

UFO Sightings Increase 67 Percent In 3 Years

www.huffingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join