According to the telegraph Ufologie is dying!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

According to the telegraph Ufologie is dying! and say that in about ten years it would be vanished from the scene?
To me thats something I can't and will not believe after all the new telescopes and Seti starting up a new way to track the planets that are discovered by Kepler telescope . Also new techniques will be discovered to roam are own skies to catch a glimp of are own of what is flying within our airspace.

Dozens of groups interested in the flying saucers and other unidentified craft have already closed because of lack of interest and next week one of the country’s foremost organizations involved in UFO research is holding a conference to discuss whether the subject has any future.

Dave Wood, chairman of the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena (Assap), said the meeting had been called to address the crisis in the subject and see if UFOs were a thing of the past.

What I do believe is that some operatives are active on youtube to countermeasure the credibility of footage that is real by by bombing the youtube with fakes.

Mr Wood added: “When you go to UFO conferences it is mainly people going over these old cases, rather than bringing new ones to the fore.

Oh please c-mon but does it sometimes not take time for a great story to unfold? we are so flooded with video's nowadays that its hard to pick the right ones out! so the fact is that we are being opposed and we let it happen!

I know there are lots of people who rather don't see us rewriting the history books so to me this is another kind of publishing to dampening the pit!

My guess it will be 50/50 here on ATS?

Peace

The telegraph

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I can easily understand people losing interest in Ufology, the problem we have is that a few decades ago anything caught on camera or film was pretty much "as is" nowadays we have photoshop, CGI and all manner of platforms for hoaxers to publish their work, and the same number of platforms for people to discuss and debunk these photo's and videos.

I think Ufology has pretty much reached saturation point, and unless we were to have a comprehensive Government disclosure or irrefutable proof from eye witnesses, then Ufology will slip fully into the realms of the hoaxers and science fiction.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The UFO Phenomena didnt stand the test of time. I lost interest in it a decade ago because after many years of research it brought nothing tangible to the surface. If an area fails to deliver its normal to lose interest.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I think Ufology has pretty much reached saturation point, and unless we were to have a comprehensive Government disclosure or irrefutable proof from eye witnesses, then Ufology will slip fully into the realms of the hoaxers and science fiction.

I once quoted that CGI program's are being subsidized by private funding to get as close as possible to reality. But we are now on the age that private space travel is on the doorstep that will give new data and footage that will light ufologie up again I think.

I don't know but the unblurr function that Photoshop 6 would get never came I believe? I can imagine why!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Like 2 posts above. how do you expect to change if they do not disclose anything? And yes since newest software, it is the perfect plan to control the masses and make them think everything is fake. I am sure there would be no difference between real video and fake video. You may even consider the real one faker - that's the world of today.

UFOs are no threat to security, yet they shut down nuke sites, fly close to airplanes, cause other things even health damage, cattle mutilations or simply scare people.

It's real, the objects some see, and let's say it is military projects - what's with doing all the harm to people and saying there is no threat. Many researchers have raised the question, people like in Cash Landrum the grandson of the two, looking for answers - no answers.

Come on, secrecy around the topic is real and declassified CIA documents, this year UK documents which however bring nothing new on the table, show that there is indeed coverup.

Plus what does some dumb article have to be taken seriously or what? Written by uneducated editor, with no research whatsoever.

Just like people protest against banks and large companies or things like that, they should start protesting against this coverup. Otherwise, it won't happen and the years will pass the same way.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

And what about all the disclosures about researches different governments have done and released that on the Internet?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I one breath I think to myself that this isnt all that of a surprise. Given the overwhelming fake claims and the ability to use sophistocated computer imaging by the masses now makes it almost impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff. Added to that, much of the interest is lent towards these UFOs being from "off earth" and we have hundreds of billions of stars in each of hundreds of billions of galaxies pushing people to the anactdotal conclusion that one would be arrogant to NOT think that there must be other life "out there".

But even though the probability seems pretty high, once one takes into account that there are many probabilities working "against" it, eg, the probabitities of 1. a planet being in a goldilocks zone, 2. the said planet rotating at a speed slow enough to provide a decent day/night period (earth was spinning way too fast initially to allow life to form - it only slowed down due to the gravitational effects of the moon and the water on the earth) 3. having a moon to produce tides, 4. having enough water (especially since earth seems to have obtained its water from comets colliding with it, 5. Having a magnetic field strong enough to provide a stable environment that will not have harmful electromagnetic waves causing mutation of life to a point that makes any life unstable, 6. having an atmosphere that allows necessary chemical reactions to occur for life to form or at least keep going, 7. Another civilisation being able to reach earth from large distances away, 8. the civilisation has either spent generations in space getting here or that their civilisation has mastered faster than light travel, 9. They are existing at the same time as us in the time line of the universe. Im sure there are more, but being old, my mind wont stay on task like it used to
Now each of these probabilities are actually MULTIPLIED not added to each other to give an actual probability on life being found somewhere else. This means that the actual NUMBER of planets would be now substantially reduced. By how much? Who knows. But when I started to think of ALL of these factors that are needed to coincide, it really got me wondering about ET life.

In the next breath, I reckon it would really be awsome to finally KNOW if we alone or not in the universe.

Just my take on it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think the number of REAL ufo's is small compared to the number of claimed sightings.
I also think MOST of the fake video has been sponsored by someone to hide the real stuff.
Matbe now they've reached a point where those who wanted to hide their own (black )projects no longer need to hide, and maybe, they need to clear the waters to see what else is REALLY out there.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Aside from malicious hoaxers, some people with good intentions buy fancy camera equipment with the dream of taking good pictures of the real thing but eventually get frustrated and start hoaxing. Then there’s the YouTube crowd that finds UFO CGI far easier to do and far more attention-getting than normal CGI projects—and even profitable!

I have suggested in other threads two new ways of seeking the kind of evidence that would make a real difference. One, for those who strongly suspect that the Roswell object was alien, is to map the probable trajectory of whatever kept going after creating the debris field then put in the effort to search that stretch of desert (with a rake, not a metal detector) for any evidence that didn’t get picked up. (Do it in a group and make a documentary about it if you must.) Let’s say there’s a scrap of graphene the size of a business card out there somewhere maybe a few miles from the debris field and covered by a centimeter or two of sand (the cleanup crew couldn’t have gotten it all). If so, nobody knows it’s there, but to the field of ufology that’s like sunken treasure but more valuable. But do that before manufacture of graphene by humans gets going.

The other I’m working on. It’s described in the thread linked by my signature below.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I disagree that it's 'dying' as that obviously means it will be dead at some point.

How can it die when people continue to see UFOs and there's an ongoing community of people who love the subject?

However, being realistic, *ufology* is the study of reports and the investigation of sightings. In no way whatsoever can the past 10 years be compared (in scale) to previous decades of ufology. Whereas in the past, many people set out in the hope of drawing conclusions, I feel it's become far more of a carnival and entertainment business. You Tube popularity isn't ufology any more than $200 seats on the conference circuits are.

There are still serious and respectable researchers doing their best. The problem is they aren't being replaced by new generations.

Not 'dying but diminishing.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

We can say that only the mystery of knowing that Ufo's exist will keep it going

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ufology will die when whatever they are stop showing up. This is certainly not the case.
What is happening is that Ufology is shifting gears, a new paradigm if you will.

There are so many hoaxers today and the paranormal money machine has done a lot of damage as well

So the bar has been raised really high. The real researchers along with scientists that do not want the negative publicity do not need disclosure, they have enough evidence already and have gone underground with it. When they come back up, the first evidence of main-stream science seriously embracing this subject will start to emerge, and that will change Ufology in a big way. That is also the only way it will ever be taken seriously, anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I suspect that Ufology as a subject for study by many, will long outlast the Telegraph as a newspaper published on a daily basis.

The term UFO, is one of the top 5 phrases typed into internet search engines, I suspect the words Telegraph Newspaper, doesn't even make the top 5000.

Until the net came along, Ufology was coalesced in Britain anyway, around a 3-4 magazines and maybe 10 "names" that people within the field recognised and maybe had a few thousand at most dedicated adherents. Belief in aliens was marginalised and the whole subject was seen as about a 12 on the "Train-spotter scale of "likely to single and a bit sad". it was in effect, like some society at some "nice school" where geeky types with thick glasses and all the sartorial elegance of a blind tramp busied themselves with the detritus that others thought meaningless. The odd book would break through into main stream culture however, that was it and barring the odd radio show most of the scene was represented in the media as a "bunch of social misfits in anoraks talking a lot of whibble".

The internet has laid all those clichés and myths to rest and shown that people actually have a profound and abiding interest in the subject and reading about it. Many people have found the "one or two cases" that to them, confirm that they suspected. That is, despite all the disinformation, hoaxes their hoaxers and all balderdash that litter the field there are, a core of incidents that defy any known explanation.

In 21st century Britain almost twice as many people believe UFOs exist as believe in god, in way shape or form. Just maybe, many of them are quite happy in that view and only really wish to go further when there is some sort of genuine break through,, explanation wise? After all when you accept something as a "fact", one does tend to have no need to seek further justification?

You'd probably be shocked by how many people, from all walks of life in modern Britain, are actually pretty clued up on what's going on and of many of the more "famous" cases. The whole base line of people writing on the subject is so much wider now, it isn't merely focused round a few "celebrity" researchers and maybe that's no bad thing?

In fact, more than few die-hards, have come to the conclusion that, the various organisations are so deeply infiltrated by disinformation agents they are almost beyond hope of redemption as vehicles for honest and open discussion.

The case many are waiting for currently, I would guess, is the one where. Several people capture something on the phone/cameras from totally differing locations, around the same time. Until then, it's just too easy to either fake things or misidentify known objects. In fact, more people have reported seeing "anomalous" objects in the night sky to me, in the last 3-4 years, than have at any time previously. However, they have little interest in reporting these sightings through "official channels" as they "simply don;t see the point". Now whose fault is that?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

We can say that only the mystery of knowing that Ufo's exist will keep it going

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
snip
According to the telegraph Ufologie is dying! and say that in about ten years it would be vanished from the scene?
To me thats something I can't and will not believe...[snip]

You may not want to believe and you just don't want to face the truth which is many years old. UFOlogy can only continue for so long before it's realized that it's being kept alive by repeat after repeat. Nothing new has happened in UFOlogy since our first space shuttle. We keep getting reports, photos, videos, all a repeat of each other. Some videos show variety but that's all that can be expected. No one knows when we will have "Beatlemania" again and we will have to be satisfied with the latest videos found on YouTube. Alien abduction reports have dropped to almost nil 'cause there were never any real abductions. We don't see anything like STS-48 or similar videos but we still see UFOs in space. Nothing is going on in UFOlogy, so please wake me up when the real new happens.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Really, most amusing indeed. ETs aren't really interested in contacting most of those in control or running dry ufology camps however, but the contact with real people, open hearts and good intentions for the world continues until the last soul is free.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Another way of putting this in terms even they will understand in all their dualistic insanity. Wherever there is a strong presence of corruption and evil holding people back, there is a tremendous enormous presence of LOVE, freeing them. There is no star wars that involves real ET for they are ant hill in comparison. And we're not getting reset nor is their fascism going to last. They are holding the bag for the planet though, you know, the responsibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I just remembered that there was a similar article published years ago, the author of which was later the pilot and principle witness in the case of a sighting made from a commercial airliner, which apparently put an end of his side job of published debunker.

Here’s the report on that from NICAP’s 1964 publication The UFO Evidence.

Capt. W. J. Hull, veteran Capital Airlines pilot, was a UFO skeptic. He had written an article entitled "The Obituary of the Flying Saucers" for The Airline Pilot magazine. At 10:10 p.m., November 14, 1956, Captain Hull was a pilot of Capital Flight No. 77, approaching Mobile, Alabama, en route from New York City [8.] Suddenly, he and his copilot Peter Macintosh noticed a bright light through the upper part of the windshield. The
plane was on a southwesterly course, and the object, looking like a meteor, was falling across their path from left to right. But instead of burning out, the "meteor" halted abruptly directly in front of the plane.
"What the hell is it, a jet?" Macintosh shouted.
As the UFO remained a constant distance in front of the plane, Captain Hull grabbed his microphone and called Mobile Tower:
"Bates Tower, this is Capital 77. Look out toward the north and east and see if you can see a strange white light hovering in the sky."
Mobile quickly answered that a thick cloud layer was obscuring vision, and asked Captain Hull if he thought the object was in the vicinity of Mobile.
"Affirmative," Hull replied. "It is directly ahead of us and at about our altitude or slightly higher. We are right over Jackson and have descended to 10,000 feet.”
Immediately after the radio exchange, the UFO began to move. It darted back and forth, rising and falling, making extremely sharp turns, sometimes changing course 90 degrees in an instant. The color and size remained constant.
"Macintosh and I sat there completely flabbergasted at this unnerving exhibition," Captain Hull reported. After 30 seconds or more, the UFO ceased its violent maneuvers and again appeared to hover ahead of the plane. About this time Mobile Tower called back:
"Capital 77, we are trying to raise the Brookley AFB Tower." At this moment, the UFO began another series of "crazy gyrations, lazy 8's, square chandelles. . . “ And then it shot out over the Gulf of Mexico rising at a steep angle. It diminished rapidly to a pinpoint and disappeared in the night. (Elapsed time: at least two minutes.)
"The one thing which I can't get over," Captain Hull stated, "is the fact that when it came, it came steeply downward; when it departed after its amazing show, it went steeply upward!"

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
And lets have a little look at the real McKoy. Just for high frequencies.

ECETI Ranch ~ Where UFO Sightings & ET Contacts are the Norm

While you guys go about writing up your abituaries, real contactees will continue to receive, you know, that pesky contact.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
lol @ this article.

as with all internet "booms", UFOlogY (not ie, as in title) has experienced a tidal wave of blurry pics and claims with no evidence. Now that everyone is tired of wading through countless rehashes and cgi, people are dropping off and it's no longer "cool" to be into UFOs as most of the pictures are laughable as evidence in this day and age.

This is a good thing IMHO, as the hangers on and new converts go back to their drone lives and stop muddying the waters. As the tide recedes, only those who have dedicated their time and effort into investigations will remain. There are still some very interesting unexplained cases, where it's obvious *something happened and these cases cannot just be ignored. We need more MSM brainwashing to push this subject back so it can be taken seriously again.

*unexplained
edit on 5-11-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join