It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - Thousands of teachers employed by tax-avoiding firm.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

An offshore company employing thousands of teachers is avoiding the payment of millions of pounds in employer's National Insurance contributions.
Did our glorious leader know about this, YES he did!

Professional Passport wrote to Treasury minister David Gauke in July 2011 to point out the "potentially embarrassing" issue of public sector agency workers being employed by offshore umbrella companies.

Mr Temple says he is yet to receive a response.

"his own (Cameron) ministers failed to take any action, or even respond, when we highlighted serious tax avoidance issues directly to them on a number of occasions.
Wont even respond! Yet cameron will use the media to demonise anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves unemployed and needing benefit.

HM Revenue & Customs says schools, councils or employment agencies could be liable for the shortfall.
Yet more evidence that cameron has no interest in getting this country back on its feet, all he cares about is helping his buddies strip this country of what little wealth it has left.
Full article here (BBC)

Thanks for the nod FD

edit on 4-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Looks like we not only have to bail out the 'Too big to fail' banks we will now face bailing out the 'Too Tory To Care' mob as well.

Oh well in camerons mind there is always one more drop of blood to extract from the least well off to pay for the excesses of the most well off

We hear all the time about the dole scroungers soaking up public money yet these and many more leeches on the public purse are not even mentioned.

Must be nice having friends in high places what what.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I read about this, they need to back date it if it was up to me, oh and the news that Apple only pay 2% tax outside the US makes me sick too.
I would turn around to apple and say "pay up or we ban your products".

www.bbc.co.uk...

Back to the OP I hope the teachers paid their own NI otherwise it will effect their pensions.
edit on 4-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Looks like we not only have to bail out the 'Too big to fail' banks we will now face bailing out the 'Too Tory To Care' mob as well.

Oh well in camerons mind there is always one more drop of blood to extract from the least well off to pay for the excesses of the most well off

We hear all the time about the dole scroungers soaking up public money yet these and many more leeches on the public purse are not even mentioned.

Must be nice having friends in high places what what.

Scumbags, only word I can think of at the moment that wont get me banned.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I read about this, they need to back date it
Back dated...yes, and a big fat fine for late payment too.

I hope the teachers paid their own NI
I doubt they have as they would have assumed their employer was paying it.
Do you notice it hints that the schools may end up paying it?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I doubt they have as they would have assumed their employer was paying it.
Do you notice it hints that the schools may end up paying it?
That would be the schools whose funding has been cut to such a point they have to employ agency teachers as they cannot offer permanent jobs

In other words the schools most working class kids go to.

Now we see why camerons cronies are dead set on brining back grammar schools.

top topics

join