It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not read if you believe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"Why do people believe in God? there is nooooooooooo proof! no one alive today has ever seen Jesus. and if God is so good why: world war 1+2, vietnam war,cold war, all the other wars i don't know about, killing, guns,weopons, depression, famine, everything!?! all we have to go on is a few scraps of evidence!!! For all we know the bible could have been written by a storyteller. seriously people, i could say: if god is really there he will give me a sign and nothing will happen! See i just did! if you believe then convince me! "

You obviously believe yourself otherwise you wouldn't be asking us to help you verify your thoughts and you wouldn't be seeking the truth so hard.. God gave man the ability to act by himself, free will, but in the end, the day of our reckoning, he judges how well we used our gift and whether or not that use will allow us eternal life. Seems like God is giving you many signs, you just won't open your eyes, ears and mind to receive them.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by LadyV

Whoa! It makes someone bad if they don't believe in the bible they way you do!? I don't believe in the bible the same way you do, and I consider myself, as well those that know me to be very nice person..

Not a Christian LadyV? Rats, sounds like you'd make a very good one

Actually not - she, like me of the same faith, doesn't try to persuade/coerce/manipulate/force that others believe what we believe.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rosebeforetime
Christians have been at the forefront of helping the sick, orphaned, aged, feeding the hungry, educating the poor, and opposing any form of exploitation.

Hmm... Looks like they've also "been at the forefront" of:

Torture and genocide - www.bibletopics.com...
Intolerance and persecution - www.geocities.com...

It's no big deal, it happens in every intolerant religion. It's not just y'all!

"Opposing any form of exploitation"? Hmm, dunno about that one.

Zip

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by saint4God

Not a Christian LadyV? Rats, sounds like you'd make a very good one

Actually not - she, like me of the same faith, doesn't try to persuade/coerce/manipulate/force that others believe what we believe.

Misfit

Ah, sorry if I came across as someone conducting one of those verbs. Originally intended to compliment saying the faith would be proud to have her as a part of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
"Why do people believe in God? there is nooooooooooo proof! no one alive today has ever seen Jesus. and if God is so good why: world war 1+2, vietnam war,cold war, all the other wars i don't know about, killing, guns,weopons, depression, famine, everything!?! all we have to go on is a few scraps of evidence!!! For all we know the bible could have been written by a storyteller. seriously people, i could say: if god is really there he will give me a sign and nothing will happen! See i just did! if you believe then convince me! "

why did you type all that out instead of just quoting me?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sry for going back all the way to the very first question or if someone has already said this.

The first thing i want to bring into your perspective is that if you read the bible you will find that it isn't based on "a few scraps of evidence." As many of a devote christians will tell you, all of the prophecies/predictions in the bible have been fulfilled to the exact detail. And there are prophecies yet to be fulfilled, but that goes into another different subject.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Religion is based off of only what people believe, Bibles and books are just steps in their faith that lead to a conclusion of what their faith really is

With the knowlege that any literate person could obtain from the old testimate, one could falsify a 'Jesus' and but a band but-a boom, massiah

In addition to that, an alternative is to write a book atating that 100 years ago (about two-three full generations of that time) this guy came and did all this cool great stuff, and no one is alive to beg to differ, hence why the books of the Deciples did not come out till 100+ years after his death.

Religion has no rock solid evidence or unbiast accounts that cannot be dissproved, I know, I've looked, but I have discovered though you can disprove as much as you please, one thing that is near impossible to break is a person's faith

Faith in a religion, what one feelsis right after all else has been stripped away is what religion is. I know I will get flack 'The Bible is Real' and that stuff, but just think about this, is it real because of fact, or because you want it to be real?

More or less the best religious statement I have ever heard came from the comedy Dogma, where it is stated, "people had a great idea, then built a belief structure arround it" and he go further on to talk about how the ideas are great but how Wars and Killings have occured in the name of this 'God'.

Quite honestly religion says be cool to eachother, and that really is a great message, That is truely all any religion calls for, more or less all else falls into line. (ok, not all of it, but most of it)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join