It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Redskins Lose, means Romney win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
According to the Redskin Rule found here en.wikipedia.org... Romney is set to win the election on Tuesday.

For those who are unaware, or do not want to read the link, the Redskin Rule states that if the Redskins lose their last home game before election day the incumbant loses. If they win then the incumbant wins.

There are a few more facets to this rule for other elections such as ones where there is no incumbant but an incumbant party but for this election cycle (incumbant vs other) the main rule applies.

This rule has been accurate for 17 out 18 presidential elections. Will be interesting to see if the rule applies for this election as well.
edit on 4-11-2012 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Well, I think it's going to be a close election. We could very well see a 2000 re-dux again.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I wouldnt be surprised if it is worse than 2000.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by antonia

I wouldnt be surprised if it is worse than 2000.

Too bad I don't have cable, that might be entertaining. I do remember when they accused a man of eating chads all of those years ago. If it got to that level it would be more entertaining than anything else on right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The political pundits want everyone to believe that this race is a toss up, because it's in their best interests.

More ratings for them.

But when you look at the numbers, and polls and do the math then you soon realize that this race is not really a toss up.

The Romney Campaign death stench keeps getting stronger

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Some seem to believe that if Romney wins, the black skins lose.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Bazinga

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hahahahaha, I totally just watched that game entirely because of the "Redskin Rule." I'm not even much of a football fan. It's OK though, two other "random" measures have worked out in favor of Obama: Halloween Masks and The Kid Vote

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tasteofflames

I have never heard of the mask one. I wonder if these offset themselves leading us down a road where there is a tie in the electoral vote.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I disagree, this country is polarized. It is axiomatic to say the election would be close given how evenly divided the population is.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If it's practically a 50/50 deal, then the numbers have got to be fake. What are the chances of a balance like that?

As for the Redskin prophecy, there's also a trend of the previous year's Oscar-winning movie. Apparently, if the protagonist wins, then the president get re-elected. If he loses, then the president is replaced. This time, the ending was apparently unclear.
Here's an article that describes all of the election prediction factors: www.cracked.com...

edit on 4-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The 7-11 Coffee cup poll has predicted the last 3 presidential elections accurately - this year Obama won.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, I think we should be looking to more scientific analysis like the Bra Cup survey or perhaps the Donuts Preference index.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Seems logical.
and check this out:

Main article: Redskins Rule For 17 of the past 18 United States Presidential elections, a win for the Redskins' last home game prior to Election Day coincided with the incumbent party winning re-election. The exception was in 2004, when the Republican Party incumbent George W. Bush won re-election despite the Green Bay Packers beating the Redskins.[106] Other than this exception, this "Redskins Rule" has proven true since 1936 when they won and incumbent Franklin D. Roosevelt won re-election, prior to the Redskins' move from Boston in 1937.[107] In 2008, the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Redskins on the eve of Election Day 23–6, and Barack Obama won the presidency the following evening. The Redskins Rule was discovered by Steve Hirdt, executive vice president of the Elias Sports Bureau, while searching for discussion fodder in 2000 for a game between the Redskins and Titans.[108]

Didn't Bush "steal" that election?
So the Redskin Rule is still valid.

Using this logic, the only way Romney could lose is if it was rigged, like it was in 2004
edit on 4-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

There isn't really proof that election was rigged. The Democrats just said it to save face. Kerry was rather out of touch and his wife had a big mouth. He was never going to win.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I get your point but for things to take a new turn, things must not follow patterns from the past.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
www.cracked.com... here is a cracked article that is relevent to the op so it seems it could go either way

personally i hope rosanne bar wins just so we get to see the world colectivly crap there pants as one when we elect a legitimate nut case who dosent give a frack about politics
edit on 4-11-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join