It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million $ Lives Vs Homelessness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Spot on!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
It all comes down to morality, and I view many of the ultra rich as the most immoral Humans on the planet.

You are right. My sister is the most immoral, despicable person on the planet. She supports 5 kids; her oldest has Turner's Syndrome and while 22, has the maturity level of a 16 year old and will probably never live alone; her second oldest had heart surgery at the age of 2. Do you know what it is like being an uncle and told that your little niece (let alone your own child) is going to go into heart surgery? Her other three children also experience life. But hey, she is heartless and immoral because she makes good money. Burn her at the stake!!!!

Unfortunately, most of them are, I believe, clinically psychotic.
Mr. Kettle I have a Mr. Pot that would very much love to meet you.

Grow up.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Sorry for my long rant here but I will state how I feel honestly and try not to offend anyone.

You can hold up a sign and beg for money, or you can offer services to make some money.

I do not have all the answers, but I can tell you I will never hold up a sign and beg. I would go door to door and offer to pick up sticks or trash. These people need to get out of the big city. There is nothing there for them. You can walk to another town or lace to start a new beginning.

I do not wish to sound heartless, but we live in a society that rewards work( slave labor). It is my opinion that everyone is capable of some sort of skill. Even if it is washing dishes.

Steal(borrow) some clothes off of a clothesline and knock on some doors or churches. Someone will help you/them to a new beginning.

There is no excuse. It is just plain ls giving up, holding g a sign.

Do I think it is absurd to spend 25 grand on a piece if cake? You bet, but hat is those peoples money. No one is entitled to it but the people that worked for it or had it handed down to them. It is a harsh reality but that is the way it is.

It is the life you make. If you make a sign vegging for food, then that is the life you live.

It is fall around leaves are everywhere. One could use a land owners rake or leaf blower and clean a yard for a few. Bucks........

Sorry, I was born poor and I have to work my as$ off for the little I got.

I used to give to the homeless when I frequented Chicago. Until you notice it is overwhelming and then I start to think how many people have it better than me and go home after a hard days panhandling.

If that makes me an a$$, then I am sorry, the world around me made me this way. This is the system we have and it is not going to change because everyone has bought into it and been basically brain washed from a young age to slave for the rich man.

I cannot give money to the homeless, I live month to month and I cannot miss a rent payment or I will be homeless. If you are starving I have a can of corn and some ramen in the cabinet you are welcome to. But money, no chance in hell. My 98 neon is on empty right now with a spare tire on it because the gf hit a curb and blew the tire. No money to purchase a new or used ire right now. So I am not well off if you get my drift.

Sorry man the world sucks.
edit on 5-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: phone spelling sorry

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

You are in the wrong thread....this thread is all about how we want to have a circle jerk around those rich bastards for being rich. They are immoral and deserve to be hung. Hopefully by now you have read into the sarcasm....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I am sad to hear about your family situation.
Money can not buy everything and having a family situation like that would surely be extremely tiresome. Especially psychologically, not knowing what will happen with your loved ones.

As I said in my OP, some people do deserve to have what they have, there is no argument about that.
I did the thread to show contrasts in society and to get people to think in different ways.
It is not about hating rich people.

edit on 5-11-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The bible says "as a man thinketh in his heart so is he" (hebrews)

If you think your poor and hopeless you will be just that. But if you're poor and you want to be rich just start to think your rich. Start to think and act and role model rich people. And slowly but surely you'll climb out of your poverty into wealth and success. it would take an awful lot of work though. You'd have to be willing to put in 60+ hours a week. Unless you're good looking, in which case you might be able to marry into it.

The rich have there own problems though. Stuff like: More to lose, the IRS, law suits, taxes, audits, gold diggers, stress, high maintenance, lots of work hours, theft, fake plastic friends, ego and other psychological issues. etc etc....

Learn to live simply if you want a low stress enjoyable life. Lots of money means lots of problems.

edit on 5-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

I while I appreciate the sympathetic ear (or eyes) I directed at the poster that decided that the rich are immoral evil people with no souls.

We all have our situations. My sister is well off, myself, not so much but I do what I have to do. I hold no grudge against her given she has proven that that evil capitalistic way is actually a benefit. She obtained a skill that was in demand and fulfilled it.

Disparaging the rich, or even the poor for this matter, is nothing short of either feeling sorry for oneself or making oneself feel better. Just live your life, find something that makes you happy (if you have a family this is obviously not the path to take; find a skill that is marketable) and go about your life in the manner you see fit.

If giving generously is in your nature, continue to do so. If being a miser is your forte, stick to it. But having random people on the internet whining about the calamities of life should never dissuade oneself from living life.

OP, I understand you are taking the middle-ground approach to discuss the issues. I commend you for it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

"Lots of money, means lots of problems".

I get tired of hearing/reading that.

That is what a rich man says when he doesn't get his way.

I would take my chances with the problems friend.

No money equals a lot more problems.

Gallon of milk$3.00, gallon of gas $3.50. Tell me do you ever hear a rich man complaining about gas prices.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by r2d246

Gallon of milk$3.00, gallon of gas $3.50. Tell me do you ever hear a rich man complaining about gas prices.

I guess, for sake of discussion we should determine the overall attitude of "what is rich"?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

reply to post by r2d246

If you're a rich dude, and marry a gold digger, then you get this girl.....

You don't see that as a good problem?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

reply to post by r2d246

I guess, for sake of discussion we should determine the overall attitude of "what is rich"?

I'd say if you're making like 50 or less your lower class

50- 100 your middle class

100-300 your well off

300-1 your rich

1-10 your super rich

10+ your a freak of nature...... this guy.....

Me.....I'll stay poor. Less problems, less stress, more free time, more sleeping in

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Mind over matter.
This is a TED talk and VERY interesting.
Goes into the topic you are talking about.

I STRONGLY recommend people to take a look.

edit on 5-11-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Personally I feel that my definition of rich is, a place of financial stability where one does not have to worry about money, bills, and such. Pretty much to where their kids don't have to worry either.

A millionaire is well off these days, compared to me some would say rich, but I consider
It well off. You can go through a few million pretty quick if one us not responsible.

I just get tired of hearing the cliche. More money=more problems.

I do not hate the rich man, or well off man. I undersrand what it us all about. What you put in is what you get out.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I wouild say go talk to my sister then. Sit down with her and her husband and ask them how rich they are with their combinded $310K salary. You will learn real quick that a set amount doesn't make one rich or poor.

This is what I am getting at. Setting these arbitrary standards: your list is completely different from mine, is impossible to pinpoint "rich",

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by r2d246

Mind over matter.
This is a TED talk and VERY interesting.
Goes into the topic you are talking about.

I really recommend people to take a look.

Interesting....but there's way way way way way too much essoteric BS out there. I'd say it's more like this. Just find a product that you can sell and net a 1000 dollar profit a pop (or more). What what is, who knows. but do that and make a sale a day. With the WWW you could start a site and make that sale a day. Just got to find the right product. I seen a guy do this and he was selling the item for 1000 a pop and was making 30 sales a day. So he was into some mean green. So forget the essoteric BS out there. No; just find something extremely valuable to sell and start selling it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Personally I feel that my definition of rich is, a place of financial stability where one does not have to worry about money, bills, and such. Pretty much to where their kids don't have to worry either.

A millionaire is well off these days, compared to me some would say rich, but I consider
It well off. You can go through a few million pretty quick if one us not responsible.

I just get tired of hearing the cliche. More money=more problems.

I do not hate the rich man, or well off man. I undersrand what it us all about. What you put in is what you get out.

and what the IRS gets out

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by r2d246

I wouild say go talk to my sister then. Sit down with her and her husband and ask them how rich they are with their combinded $310K salary. You will learn real quick that a set amount doesn't make one rich or poor.

This is what I am getting at. Setting these arbitrary standards: your list is completely different from mine, is impossible to pinpoint "rich",

No I think if you're a millionaire then you're basically rich. Thats' still the litmus test of living standard. I mean 1 m is more like well off but anymore and you're basically rich.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Well let´s say sympathetic brain, and we get it all covered

People with skills should make good use if their situation. Having a blessing like that would be a shame not to use.
And for those people, I say, well done and well deserved.
I think most people do have a special skill, just that some people do not know how to use it.
Hence what I wrote a couple of posts ago, about people having the option of concentrating their creative desires to the field they are good at.
Today some people are lucky enough to be able to do that, but allot of people are not.

I think what is needed is a massive shift of the ways we live, and not a general focus on this "I hate rich people". Talking about that as the most important thing is like putting a bandage on a limb with gangrene. It will not do anything. We need to have a new start and planet where the foundation is love and not money.

Once again I am a silly dreamer, I am aware of that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join