It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The future of the your everyday Checkout.....

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow I can't believe what I stumbled across. I was just watching funny videos when I noticed this......

I mean I knew this stuff was coming so I shouldn't be surprised. But it's just weird seeing it for the first time.

Whats stranger is the friend jokes about going threw the scanner himself. But what he doesn't realize is that's the next thing that's the next evolution in shopping soon to be released!!! What do you think of all this???

starts at: 4:13





posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I couldnt tolerate more than 2 minutes of the video. What are we talking about here??!!

Meh!



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
all i see is a bunch of mindless children unaware of the fact that they are brainwashed and how the worlds turning into a new world order. i see a bunch of people brainwashed into thinking they are individuals, that they are free thinking, when in fact they are zombies to the system, controlled and brainwashed.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246
 


Honestly...........sooo.......it runs through the scanning device automatically........

I think I dont care..........
edit on 4-11-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Worst video I have ever watched. I can't believe I watched it all, waiting for a shred of relevancy.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I hate those self-checkouts.
They work half the time and when they mess up you have to wait for someone to come reset.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So it is a bunch of dbags using an auto scanner to steal? This was an awful video. I want my 2 minutes back.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I always check out at a register run by an actual human being, even if it means waiting in a long line compared to no line at the self- check out. The more people that use self- check out means less people having jobs running a register. I'm already spending more money than my items are worth so I'd just as soon let someone keep their job in the process.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't see how this is the future? All they have done is add a scanner that sits over a conveyor belt.
I heard that soon all products will have RFID chip and all we have to do is walk out the door and it gets automatically charged to your RFID chipped Credit card.
I read it on ATS so its probably BS

Thanks for sharing though!
ETA: lol why is this in the general conspiracy section?
edit on 4-11-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Worst video I have ever watched. I can't believe I watched it all, waiting for a shred of relevancy.


I really have sympathy for you if you were able to tolerate the whole video. After 2 minutes worth of it, I asked myself, "what the HELL am I doing to myself"


Its just awful!



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
I always check out at a register run by an actual human being, even if it means waiting in a long line compared to no line at the self- check out. The more people that use self- check out means less people having jobs running a register. I'm already spending more money than my items are worth so I'd just as soon let someone keep their job in the process.


QFT

I do the same.
Why the frack legitimize a money grab by the corporate grocery chains?

Stop using it and they will remove it.

.: ETA :.
Oh, I think it is just a standard scanner for an automated checkout process.
I very much doubt it being an X-Ray scanner.
edit on 4/11/2012 by Sovaka because: Edit To Add



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka
 


Keep going to the checker, I love walking out the store without having to wait in line or talk to anyone. I wish they put these more places.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by Sovaka
 


Keep going to the checker, I love walking out the store without having to wait in line or talk to anyone. I wish they put these more places.


No problems, I will.
I will be the guy at the front of the line when the electronics break down and you then have to whine bitch and moan when you have to stand in line to be served by someone that doesn't run on electricity or hardware.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka
 


Doubtful, I have only run across a few small places that do not scan items any more. If they are scanning the item the checker will not know what to do when her electronics are also as dead as the self checkout.


Checkers today are nothing like in the old day where they knew the prices and could add/subtract. Now they scan the item, if their scanner is broken they are useless.

Raist



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
I don't see how this is the future? All they have done is add a scanner that sits over a conveyor belt.
I heard that soon all products will have RFID chip and all we have to do is walk out the door and it gets automatically charged to your RFID chipped Credit card.
I read it on ATS so its probably BS

Thanks for sharing though!
ETA: lol why is this in the general conspiracy section?
edit on 4-11-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)


At least one person gets it.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm a grocery checker and I use the self-check at WalMart whenever I go there. I don't know why I bother though. I just get frustrated at how blasted slow it is compared to the scanner at the store I work at.
I can check some groceries now, just sayin'.



new topics




 
1

log in

join