Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

the ability to tell when people are coming without hearing them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i don't know if this is the right forum for this but it definitely does seem out of the norm to me.

I, at least i used to, be able to tell when someone was coming when i was alone without hearing them. There was a noticeable ring in my ears when someone started to approach the room i was in, sometimes as far as 30 or so feet away, maybe more i couldn't tell you for sure. but as people came closer it would get louder, not painfully mind you but noticeably. I don't know if i completely lost it, can't hear the tone any more (i can still hear very high pitched tones) or if i just don't pay attention to it enough any more but i seem to have lost the "ability". Has anyone else ever experienced this or been able to do this? same way or something different than ringing? I should also add that i can still hear an old CRT TV being on with an audible tone even if the volume is all the way down, this one doesn't seem to be as strange as i've heard of other people able to hear it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
oh! ... i, uhh.. thought this thread was about sex.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

have you ever made a hearing test ?
you sit in a silent room with headphones and you get different frequency sounds starting from very low volume getting louder. the moment you hear the sound, you have to push a button.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

yeah, i get one yearly for work. can still hear 20 HZ to 20KHZ, also 28 years old in a couple weeks. this is also the full range they test for.
edit on 4-11-2012 by j230ns because: ETA age and what they test for
edit on 4-11-2012 by j230ns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

.I was going to say...with the decreasing wall, bed or floor vibrations?

But, there was a study done recently showing people do have a "sense," of what is to come, if that is what you mean. Don't have it handy or care to look it up right now, but people do have an uncanny ability, say, if they are on the internet at work, or a personal call, that somebody is going to be able to catch them at it,and to stop what they are doing so as to not get into trouble.

As for the rest, maybe that is just your way to know.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ears ringing? You get a true physical response to the presence of another person? Now that is new and different. I've always had the ability to sense a person nearby (20 feet or so) if we're otherwise alone and general direction/distance without hearing or seeing them. It's a 'sense' though. A thing I just know..like I know the difference between being in a concert hall or a bedroom for space existing around me without having to see it. ya know?

So...that's what you're talking about isn't it? An old friend I had long ago was a Marine in Gulf War I. He'd told me he'd had training for what he did which focused on and worked to develop that sense in terms of better knowing when they were being watched or..in their case...someone focusing on them to shoot them. I've never really confirmed that or even tried that hard..but it makes sense.

Physical though? Hey, I'm interested to hear more. That really is new to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

Yes my friend. I know exactly what you are talking about. I too have had a ringing in my ears when another person approaches me. It has happened too many times to be coincidence. I can nearly always detect another persons presence without hearing them coming.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yeah, that is what i'm referring to. it was something of a pitch in my ear that got louder as someone approached and it was noticeable to me as someone approaching. and yes it was always when i was alone.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Awesome! Someone made a thread about it!

I've always been able to do its. It's not so much a ringing I recieve, it's more so the pressure of movement, it "sounds" like invisible pressure. Like the "air" is being cut through as someone moves closer to me.
It's impossible to sneak up on me while I'm sleeping or awake cause I can still feel everything around me in a atmospheric pressurized sense. That's how I'd describe it anyhow.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What age did that fade for you? I ask because I have an App here on my phone that set for frequency ranges supposedly audible to younger people but totally outside what adults can hear. It works in so far as I can't hear a thing from it..... A Virginia mall played on the concept enough to install speakers to emit annoying sounds at that level to drive off the kids hanging out without the adults suffering. I never caught how well it turned out for that.

So, could the natural hearing adjustments that apparently come with late teens/early adulthood have made this vanish in your case?

Also.. I described how I feel..or sense..a similar thing. Can you sense people instead of the ear ringing now or have you just lost all ability to tell if people are out of your sight but nearby now?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

i couldn't really tell you what age it changed. i stopped paying attention to it or it disappeared when i moved from IL to NC. its possible it was an "air pressure" thing like stated above because the air pressure is definitely different where i'm living now. that would be at 20 years old when i moved.
edit on 4-11-2012 by j230ns because: eta age when moved.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

So...that's what you're talking about isn't it? An old friend I had long ago was a Marine in Gulf War I. He'd told me he'd had training for what he did which focused on and worked to develop that sense in terms of better knowing when they were being watched or..in their case...someone focusing on them to shoot them. I've never really confirmed that or even tried that hard..but it makes sense.

Physical though? Hey, I'm interested to hear more. That really is new to me.

I actually read a book once called, "The Art of Staring," although I can't find it on Google. It was a book describing how people can go about doing this, and pretty much it's easy.

You can test it just by looking at a person, and then watching to see if they turn around to look at you when you are doing it.

Try it some time.......it's sort of creepy looking at somebody to see if it works, but in my curiosity I find it works 100% of the time!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i like, walked into this home depot one time, and i was like, really 'upset' about something, ya' know like when your emotions are like, uhh... really uhh...strong and stuff. anyway, it's like, all these people who were like, uhh... standing in line, suddenly looked up at me, all bug eyed, as if they were suddenly like, totaly afraid for their lives. some uhh...even took a couple 'a steps back!
i calmed down right away, then i laughed [at them] and apologized and then i uhh...started my shopping.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You have sensory abilities like everyone does,and some of them go without your realizing you even have them.

A lot of the time you don't even really hear something,it's air being displaced from someone moving nearby,or a door opening causing an air pressure change in the room you are in.

It is amazing how much more one can sense when one realizes one can sense some things.

The senses we possess are tied together in amazing ways that amount to having more than 5 or 6 senses sometimes,from my observations.

That's partially the reason I don't like motor vehicles,you miss almost everything there is to experience.

Like moving around the world sandwitched between two mattresses.

Suffocating...

And I am not Claustrophobic BTW.

My 2 cents worth.........................

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I love that example. It's the perfect one to use for people who hear someone discussing this 'ability' and assume it's ESP or the Occult or some crazy thing. You're right though. I'll bet we'd be hard pressed to find a person on ATS who hasn't felt someone staring at them at one point in their lives, at least. That's precisely the feeling I was describing and apparently the OP had a physical side to. Nothing special at all, as you point out. Everyone has this and almost everyone has felt it. It's just a matter of how many recognized it as more than a weird fluke and developed it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Do you remember which mall in Virginia that those speakers were installed in? I live in VA and hadn't heard anything about it. You can U2U me instead of replying in the thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
i like, walked into this home depot one time, and i was like, really 'upset' about something, ya' know like when your emotions are like, uhh... really uhh...strong and stuff. anyway, it's like, all these people who were like, uhh... standing in line, suddenly looked up at me, all bug eyed, as if they were suddenly like, totaly afraid for their lives. some uhh...even took a couple 'a steps back!
i calmed down right away, then i laughed [at them] and apologized and then i uhh...started my shopping.

Is that a real post? I don't even know what to say. It's so obvious it seems it has to be satire, but I don't know.

The word like was used 7 times in 2 sentences. I hope to god you don't like, actually talk like this.
edit on 11/4/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

yes , that really happened. thinking about it makes me laugh, so i guess i told it that way.
thanks for reading it!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Naww heck, I'll reply here. I imagine the OP may find it a possible relevance to his own experiences in so far as the hearing and how it changes at different ages. One of the links here say 25 is the point of transition. I don't know...nothing like this existed to be used on me when I was that age. Weird world.

(I was mistaken on location by a few miles. For some reason I had Northern Virginia in my head on this and it was the District Of Columbia at the "Gallery Place" mall).

Mosquito noise device at Gallery Place aims to annoy potential troublemakers

Anti-loitering 'Mosquito' debuts in D.C.; some find it a buzzkill

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It is a real phenomenon, research the work of Dr Rupert Sheldrake. He has done studies of things such as being able to tell when you are being stared at, knowing who is calling you before you pick up the phone (without caller ID of course) and how dogs know their owner is coming home when they are still miles away. It's called morphic resonance/field theory. Very interesting stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join