It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mayan calendar end date is not 2012, its 2087, 100% proof here.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by superman2012
But, but, what if this is right? What if the whole calendar that we use now, is missing time? We use it to compare against the Mayan calendar to get the end date...but, how accurate is our calendar?

Well what was the ancient Egyptian calendar? Since we know the start date of that civilisation also, we should be able to use there calendar to determine the right dates.
edit on 4-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

How do we know THEIR start date? Was it also compared against our current calendar?

Like if I say, the beginning of time started on a Sunday, and will end this Saturday, but wait a minute, Wednesday didn't happen, or it might have, also Sunday had 20 hours, Monday may have had 23 hours, Tuesday had 24.5 hours, Wednesday(if accounted for) had 21 hours, Thursday had 22 hours, Friday had 24 hours and Saturday has 20 hours.

We just don't know what they accounted for in time, just like we don't know that the calendar we hold fast to, is 100% accurate. I think it is more likely that mahmoud ahmadinejad will fly over Canada shooting nuclear missiles out his butt then the calendar being 100% correct.
edit on 4-11-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

When we are using astrology to measure time in such a way one can see that there are only four locations in which the beginning of the year can accurately be measured. The two equinoxes and the two solstices. The reason for this has to do with the manner in which one can physically measure the Earth's position in its orbit around the Sun and the odd number of days per year. Ever notice the first day of spring/summer/fall are not on the same days/time each year? The Egyptians used the first day of spring and it was on the morning of this day just before sunrise that the stars were observed which determines Earth's position against the Zodiac.

To make things interesting, astrologically, this puts the biblical accounts of Moses' treck through the dessert at the changing of the age of Taurus into Aries the ram and Jesus' walk about at the beginning of the age of Pisces some 2012 years ago. The bible mentions these times and astrological alignments which gives rise to intrest in astrology for me. At least I find ancient astrology interesting, the current stuff I consider a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

The length of the cycle we are looking at is 1,872,000 days

So if we can start at augustt 11th, 3113BC as day one, what year would it be, 1,872,000 days into the future, using 360 day years? It would have to be converted to our current calendar. seeing as we lose 5 days per year, every year, I can imagine there would be a big time difference after 1,872,000 days. Which is 5200, 360 day years. or 5125.24 days on our current calendar.

Regardless of how it's labeled on any particular calendar, 1,872,000 days into the future is still 1,872,000 days into the future. As long as you know where the start date would be on our calendar, you would be able find the end date without having to truncate years or do any conversions.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
The start date of the Mayan calendar, is supposed to be august 11th, 3113 BC

How positive are we of this? I'd like to know since until around 700 BC the calendar used was the Romulus Calendar, which consisted of only 10 month, and August wasn't one of them. There might be some math that would make sense of, but I'm not about to try to take on that.
edit on 4-11-2012 by DejaVuAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Interesting theory. Can't say it's 100% though considering you are one of VERY few people proposing such a thing. It, of course would be great if it were in 2087, because, by that time, the human race could maybe at least do something to save themselves EX: Space Travel, advanced shielding etc. But, time will tell I suppose. Next month we will know for sure what's what. Till then.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well since no one really knows the exact date, would it be too far of a stretch to assume the Mayans were talking about next year's comet? It's supposed to shine 15 times brighter than the moon in November. Maybe everyone's calculations are off a bit.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

That's exactly my point.

From what I can tell... the math plays out like this.

2012, is really, 2087.... on a 360 day calendar.

So the year is currently 2087, and currently 2012.

No matter which calendar you do the math from, 1,872,000 days into the future, is 2012, whether you divide it by 365.25, or by 360, the dates coincide together.

the 2087 date, is incorrect to do because its a clash of the calendars. So the real end date of the calendar is indeed dec 21 2012.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
If the world was always suppose to end on the 13th b'ak'tun why do we have a unit of date for 20 b'ak'tuns the Piktun? If the world was to end in a b'ak'tun then there is no reason for Mayans to have a Piktun column.

Each age is a different amount of time, which is why they have Piktun.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

The Mayans built Pyramids and structures without metal tools or the use of the wheel.

Many of these structures have precise astrological alignments

The Mayans created a Calendar that was the most accurate Calendar of it's time, and more accurate than any Calendar since...the Mayans even calculated in the Earth's wobble hundreds of years before the first US astronomers discovered the wobble in the late 1800's

They did this by studying the stars with time, and the naked eye ONLY

The Mayan Calendar was timed to end on the specific date of a rare astronomical event that happend once every 26,000 years...the Galactic Alignment

That end date, the Galactic Alignment, happens December 21, 2012 the winter solstace. That is the end date, PERIOD

The Mayans accomplished things that no one living today can claim as anything less remarkable. For anyone to pick random dates to fit their own math concepts is an insult to the Mayan Culture.

As accurate as the Mayans were, it is scientifically accepted that they would end their Calendar on a date of a specific Astronomical event and not some random date in the future

I have no idea what will happen on December 21, 2012, but NASA will confirm that date as the Galactic Alignment

Wait a month and a half and see. The Mayan Calendar will end and either their God Bolon Yokte will return bringing destruction with him...or we will have 3 more days of Christmas shopping left

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
By the ops calculations, it is year 2087 right now.

Well of course, that is the whole thing. Well, that explains the influx of energies. Same thing, hold light and see only the most positive happening.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Apologies if I'm just repeating here but I'm in a hurry and don't have time to read...

Your math is wrong, all it does is tell us what the year would be if we had been using a 360 calendar all along, as you know for a long time now we've been using a 365.25 day calendar which means the years go by more slowly, if we had stuck to a 360 day calendar the year would actually be close to 2087 now.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

fascinating thread.

i was just wondering if you came up with this theory all on your own? or, is there someone you would like to give some credit too for this theory you have presented?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You may say the fact that this is Sitchin's work has no bearing, but the fact that none of the real Mayan scholars have gotten the same result speaks for itself. If this were correct, it would have been corroborated already by actual scholars. Sitchin is quite known for shaping data to fit his ideas, as this has been well documented. There is even a website called sitchin was wrong, or sitchin is wrong dot com, although I don't remember offhand.

I will give you the fact that this does not immediately negate his work, but it casts doubt on it, when coupled with the fact that no one else has, as I mentioned, corroborated his ideas. Also, just looking through your thread, it would seem certain aspects of the Mayan calendar transferring over to the Gregorian calendar are missing.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You are forgetting that there's a month with only five days called Uayeb, taking us back to 2012...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i have 100% proof here ---> [ ]
that the mayan calendar end date is the 21 december 2012

and also here : [ ]

and here -----------------> [ ]

ah almost forgot this huge 200% proof just here --> [ ]

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have had this explained to me, and either they were too smart to explain it properly, or I really am that dumb.

This makes perfect sense. WHY DIDNT THAT GUY JUST SAY THEY USE A 360 day calendar????!!!??

This makes perfect sense. Of course the calendar is using their measurement of time in a year and not ours. To argue otherwise would be absurd.

So we got time huh? Thought so. This whole 2012 thing is so drilled into our minds and sold fanatically that its artificiality gives it away, IMO.

The sheer scope/ range and several decades long marketing screams social engineering to me.
In the end, artificial change they can control to counter natural change they have no dominion over. nice.

well done.

edit on 5-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dude, i totally get what you are saying, I feel something is on the horizon. You mentioned seeing spirits or your friends are. Same here plus odd things in the sky such as flashes of light that seem to communicate with each other. I have also been so on edge that I have been preparing for something. Everyday it's like I can't sit still, something is going to happen. You're not the only one.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by liliththedestroyer

Hi all, I've enjoyed reading this thread so far from my mobile...I've not been to active on ATS recently due to illness and bereavement. I'm only adding a small post to say that I too agree that something is on the horizon but is it not always! I too have had things going on that are a bit too out of the ordinary for me to take in but alas I'm not up to writing about them just yet, I'm in pain using my keyboard just to write this short post.

What I have done for all is asked Phage if he will read over this thread and add some of his logic to it as he is great with matters such as these and is a well respected member. Whether he will or not find interest in this thread or have the time to add to it I do not know but at least I've tried getting some more logic added to it.

I'm going to keep on catching up with this thread when I'm well enough too and will fire up the keyboard if I've anything positive to add to it. CDC444 I take my hat off to you on your side of the argument as I too respect the ancients, their building, studies of the stars/planets, crafts and all that they left for us to try and understand/appreciate.

Many thanks to you all...peace, good luck and positive vibes are sent to all from over the pond here up the grim North West of England.

edit on 5/11/2012 by theguygeeza because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

OP, what you're saying is, the correct date would be the year 2087...assuming we're counting off a year every 360 days, which we're not. Since we count a year every 365 days, we need to subtract a year from 2087 every 72 years between that start date, and now, which would, if my quick & dirty math is correct, result in the year 2012.

(incidentally, I don't expect anything to happen that isn't done by humans, on purpose, to coincide with the date.)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the Mayans were just humans like us, except with less technology, how could they possibly know about the future?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join