It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Mapping of World Events/Conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Is there anyone out there familiar with mind maps? I have been wanting to make a HUGE mind map of everything. What do I mean by everything?

Well, EVERYTHING, everything. From the tales and myths and legends that we are familiar with, on up to technological conspiracies involving weather manipulation, with some illuminati thrown in, and maybe even a unicorn or two.

My goal with this is to take all things and find their commonality. Surely, someone has thought of this and is already making progress. I want to help, or I want to start one with someone that has a better understanding of all this.

I can't really decipher what "All this" is yet. I want it all though. Egyptian/Roman/Greek deities, Atlantean tales, Tesla's inventions, Kundalini, Sanskrit translations, UFO archives, weather patterns, crop reports (not circles... yet), general health and well being of man as a whole, continental drift, natural disasters, economics... Timelines, grouped out by locations and origins, then put in chronological order and matched up with everything else.

I think there is a pattern that we all adhere to, without necessarily knowing that we stick to it. I'm lost. This is a rambling post. Apologies.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, I'd love to help get more of what I think this is, out of my head. I'm not a great communicator, obviously, so I'm hoping that someone can use the right words to get this flowing.

Thanks?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I haven't made a mind map of it all. But in nearly 20 years of researching conspiracies, the occult, aliens and secret societies. I always seem to come back to 1.618. It truly is everywhere and seems to be at the root of all symbolism, hidden technology and secret societies.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Uberdavo

1.168? Huh?

Excuse my ignorance but whats that?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DariusHames

Golden Section.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

www.google.com.au...,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp .r_qf.&bpcl=37189454&biw=1440&bih=696&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=4MuWUOrEHKeSiAfD1YEo

It is this

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

Hello RicketyCricket,

I did not want your post to pass without commenting because I am very interested in the ideas you are playing with, as well.

What you are proposing is quite possible, even to the extent that your creation could be shared with others and others could contribute to the project. The sky's the limit, really.

If you have not done so already, you are going to want to familiarize yourself with GIS...

Geographic information system (GIS) is a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present all types of geographical data. The acronym GIS is sometimes used for geographical information science or geospatial information studies to refer to the academic discipline or career of working with geographic information systems. In the simplest terms, GIS is the merging of cartography, statistical analysis, and database technology.

Do you see? The maps, databases (of myth, legend, folklore, etc...) and statistical analysis are blended in to a useful whole by using GIS software like GRASS and ArcGIS. Some of it is free and others, like ArcGIS, are really expensive.

But I mainly wanted you to know that there are others like yourself that have similar interests. In fact, some of us are obsessed with the sorts of ideas that you have expressed in your OP. You have a good brain.

I hope that I have provided some new resources for your scintillating head.

X.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I get the Golden Ratio for architectural things (both organic and inorganic), but can you (off the top of your head while I research other meanings) explain how it might fit in with with other stuff?

For instance, would the former societies of Earth have used the GR for spatial planning of cities?

It wouldn't be an arbitrary distance to the next city, town, village, whatever. It couldn't.

What about magnetic hotspots? Do those fall into that ratio?

I want people to take the knowledge they have, regarding whichever topic of their choice, and make a timeline, or map of as much as they can, and I want to tie them all together to see how it works.

Like a great tapestry of all things.

See the whole story. Dragons destroying Atlantis and sasquatch was the only Atlantean to get away, but he managed to free some slaves and became their new god, at which point he told them to run to the corners of the earth taking Crystal Skulls and New Coke recipes to restart civilization, away from the Dragons.

That is a horrific example of what I mean.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uberdavo

www.google.com.au...,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp .r_qf.&bpcl=37189454&biw=1440&bih=696&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=4MuWUOrEHKeSiAfD1YEo

It is this

Holy Fibonacci sequence...I use this when we do Sprint planning for our Tech team, in scoring the complexity of a project.

Wow, this whole time I've been a tool of the Golden ratio..!

No..!!!

Thanks for the 411, as I've never heard of that.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I was thinking about making an Illuminati / ancient Egypt mind map just over a year ago but I gave up because it was taking too long

It is a good idea & I'd like to help you out. I'm considering making an updated thread about the Illuminati card game to outline current events that were 'predicted' by the cards. I'll also highlight the events that have already happened.

Thinking about it, ATS is kind of like a giant conspiracy mind map

edit on 4/11/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Well, that is definitely going to take up some time.
Heard of GIS but never realized the application possibilities.

I was even considering taking out an ad for a programmer/developer to create an application that I can use to organize things in a way they make sense to me.

My brain doesn't work "normally." I immediately go dark when I open my mouth, so, I am rarely able to effectively communicate what I want. I just get angry and frustrated.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

it seems to be a pretty fundamental design law in all things from plants to galaxies. I "assume" that if all things in nature are designed and/or just come about using this law then technology based upon this would be more dynamic or (i am not to sure how to word this) more in line with the energy of the universe. Unfortunately I am not very bright so even though I can see this everywhere and know it is in all symbolism from around the world I don't know what the real implications or uses of it can be.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Well, that is definitely going to take up some time. Heard of GIS but never realized the application possibilities.

It will, no joke. Not too long ago I used to give up very quickly around computer projects. learning to hold still long enough to actually get somewhere with those projects actually changed my life (lifestyle, at lest) somewhat.

I was even considering taking out an ad for a programmer/developer to create an application that I can use to organize things in a way they make sense to me.

I think that if you wanted to get started with getting some of your ideas moving, the GIS applications available just in Google Earth allow for a fair bit of creativity. That would provide another way for you to share your construct with others. These are all just ideas for application that have crossed my mind while thinking similar thoughts to your own.

My brain doesn't work "normally." I immediately go dark when I open my mouth, so, I am rarely able to effectively communicate what I want. I just get angry and frustrated.

I hear you. I was grown in the same lab...

But imagine the payoff if we took Fazza!'s idea and made it happen in GIS...

We could put active icons of Steve Jackson's (with his permission, of course) Illuminati! cards on a custom world map. When the cards are 'mouse-overed' or clicked, they reference databases and links particular to that card. Just having the info on a map causes the person to see the information in a whole new light.

Or how about a Space-Time map of Greek Philosophy from Plato to the final Neo-Platonists? Showing the geographical regions involved, along with links to political and other historical info.

X

Have a good one.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

We could put active icons of Steve Jackson's (with his permission, of course) Illuminati! cards on a custom world map. When the cards are 'mouse-overed' or clicked, they reference databases and links particular to that card.

Would the cards be positioned over the location of the event; for example the Princess Di card over the Pont de l'Alma tunnel in Paris?

Could this be done with a custom layer on Google Maps like the Earthquake Lights And Smells Map? (Relevant thread.)

Sounds like a cool idea, I might try giving it a go

edit on 4/11/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
reply to post by Xoanon

Would the cards be positioned over the location of the event; for example the Princess Di card over the Pont de l'Alma tunnel in Paris?

Exactly. If Google allows for the upload of images and then tools to make active icons of those images with links to d-bases, then yeah.

Sounds like a cool idea, I might try giving it a go

I hope that you do. I am going to go and check out the tutorials for Earth and see what is up.

Sounds cool, huh? I know for certain that it can be done with the software that I linked above and there is more out there.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
... And the idea was born...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Fancy making a bit of a project out of it? If you were to investigate the technical side of running GIS within Google Earth / Maps I could locate the relevant cards and gather information about each event.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Annotate Google Earth. Add placemarks (or points), paths (or lines), and polygons to Google Earth. Then embed images and YouTube videos...

www.google.com...

Without even digging very deeply? I am going to say yes, Google comes through again. Looks like we will all be linking to Faaza!'s creation soon.

Thanks for the OP RicketyCricket, it's like 'pay-it-forward' with your ideas. You can bet that you will benefit from it.

Ciao,

X.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

Yer on. I am going to go through the toots now.

Let's see what happens.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Nice one
I've had a link to a gallery containing the cards bookmarked for ages so I'll sift through them (there's like 382 images) and save the relevant ones. We could hyperlink the GIS markers on GE directly to Wikipedia pages (eg Death Of Diana) and/or create our own condensed notes.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is another piece of the whole puzzle. I think this would be a great guinea pig to see how it could all shake out, and what type of platform may be necessary.

If you two do some work together, can you loop me in to see how this unfolds? I would like to facilitate where I can, and I believe that seeing this come together will help alleviate issues and prevent issues (structural, contextual, etc) later on.

I want this, but on a grand scale. Like, a "Living Wiki" if you will.

I want to be able to compare and contrast the Freemasons of old, with the Mayan Shamans and throw in a Royal family, just to see where things match up and where they don't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join