It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet UBI, your new personal assistant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Looks like the precursor to HAL 9000 is here. Just give it a few years and UBI will be making decisions for you. Always-on Android voice-controlled Ubi starts pre-orders

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That is pretty awesome. Just hope it works better than the ones I have tried on my not-so-smart phone
Good find OP

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Uberdavo

Ha, yeah man, sometimes those "smart" phones can be really, really dumb. This thing looks like it has the potential to be a game changer. When it starts having seamless conversations with you though, I might get a bit worried.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

If it can come with some software that can allow it to adapt to your voice. It will probably work quite well. I don't know if it is my Australian accent but the ones on my phone don't understand a dam thing i'm saying lol

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Meh, at $219.00 I'll wait. There are several "assistants" already available for android, free of charge, that run on my existing smartphone's hardware.

SnF.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think the functions of knowing when and what activities in your house are going on (like lights turned on) is pretty cool. Just think of how many vacations where you are wondering the if you left the stove on while you're at the airport...

top topics

join