It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an Atlantean Temple been Discovered in the Bahamas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Hanslune

I was more concerned with The Giza and more specifically the Great Pyramid in reference to bodies. I am aware there were bodies found in later pyramids, but what if that is a custom that the profane picked up from the schools. Like the whole metaphorical death to transcend ego; so later generations will say "We put dead people here."

Sorry for this crude post; I'm on mobile :/

No problem I find it nearly impossible to use an Ipad for postings, maddening

But you cannot take the earlier and later pyamids away, they are all part of the same culture. One has to take all the fact that the Giza pyramids are built in a necropolis, surrounded by pit graves, smaller pyramids and mastabas. Not to mention the mortuary temples and of course those pesky sarcophagus/

The key question for all alternative and fringe theorists is where are the bodies if the pyramids were not tombs?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I believe that the Great Pyramid and Sphinx are older than the common conception. I don't think they were made 3000 years B.C. but possibly because we count time back-wards, 3,000 years after the Deluge. Later generations found; and I made what they willed with it. In the mystery schools, a mock death is one of the prime parts of initiation. The three in the Giza complex never produced any bodies as far as I know? If so please site me a link for it, so that I may recant my statement with dignity.

There is always the controversial idea/evidence that weathering on the Sphinx and Giza complex was from intense water damage. This had to have been at a time that the region was in a different weather temperament than it is now. That being said; these are the things that make me think; yes there is some BS out there on the alternative, but I believe there is some truth to this. A great deal of Occult and Theosophical, Mystical thought systems paid great tribute and admiration to the studies of Pythagoras, Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Leonardo da Vinci, Paracelsus, ad infinitum. I have counting 3,566 books on iTunes Library, dealing with matters of the Mystery thought, Occult, Theosophy, Rosicrucianism, Freemasonry, Kabbalah, Alchemy, Spagyrics, Medicine, and much to deal with the Third eye. While you may discount it; I do not. The third eye is something that can only be experienced never really conveyed through spoken word.

I'd direct you to this other thread I created; so that you might better understand the puzzle pieces as I have seen them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not like the others who may defend alternative theories; I respect you and your opinion, I just don't necessarily agree or concur with it. That's all.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Also here is an extremely relevant quote from Plato concerning Atlantis.

“.. in every man there is an Eye of the soul which…is far more precious than ten thousand bodily eyes, for by it alone is truth seen.” “The Eye of the soul… is alone naturally adapted to be resuscitated and excited by the mathematical disciplines.” —Plato, The Republic

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I believe that the Great Pyramid and Sphinx are older than the common conception. I don't think they were made 3000 years B.C. but possibly because we count time back-wards, 3,000 years after the Deluge.

The evidence doesn't point there but what 'deluge' are you taking about? If you mean the biblical Noah's flood of world covering destruction, no that never occurred

Later generations found; and I made what they willed with it. In the mystery schools, a mock death is one of the prime parts of initiation. The three in the Giza complex never produced any bodies as far as I know? If so please site me a link for it, so that I may recant my statement with dignity.

The produced parts of bodies but given how long they were open for looting that is not surprizing, but one must account for their being in a Necropolis, fronted with mortuary temples and dated to the time of good folks they were made for, but again you are trying to isolate the giza pyramids from AE religion, its burial ritual and the other pyramids, you cannot take them out of context and say x and y about them - and be accurate

There is always the controversial idea/evidence that weathering on the Sphinx and Giza complex was from intense water damage.

There is that theory but I have my own, in 1983 i walked down from the 60 meter high Giza plateau to where the Sphinx is about 40 meters lower......how did I get there? I did follow the path of the ramp but instead took the wadi. Yep when it rains on Giza where does the water go? well from the central and parts of the northern area it flows downhill of course and would have been blocked by the raised ramp and into the wadi which .....empties in the western edge of the Sphinx enclosure. I'd say that is the reason for the unusual wear, that and Sphinx is made up of different layers, some weaker than others, guess what type of layer makes up the western 'wall'?

Added this map to make it a bit clearer

And a larger scale contour map to show how the Sphinx is at the 'bottom' of the plateau

I'd direct you to this other thread I created; so that you might better understand the puzzle pieces as I have seen them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not like the others who may defend alternative theories; I respect you and your opinion, I just don't necessarily agree or concur with it. That's all.

Thanks!
edit on 12/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/11/12 by Hanslune because: Added map

edit on 12/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join