It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an Atlantean Temple been Discovered in the Bahamas?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Why does every new discovery on this side of the pond have to be Atlantis? Why can't we find a new culture or civlization and have them be who/what they were?

Atlantis is a story. Sure, it would be awesome to be proven true. But if not, the reality of history is still interesting. Like one poster said (in support of the Atlantis theory): truth is stranger than fiction. This is true, and it would thus stand to reason that even if Atlantis isn't found, extraordinary discoveries still await us.

Take that however you will.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm with you Furry, everything isn't 'Atlantis', I suspect as we search Asia minor SE Asia and elsewhere more we'll find some small cultures like Catalhuyuk and Gobekli Tepe

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
reply to post by EthanT

Archeologists working in the Bahamas. Serious career envy happenin' here. Sigh...

Not an archaeologist, technically.

Dr. Greg Little is a Doctor of Family Therapy.

He has an "Archaeologist" that works with him. Bill something or other.

He holds a masters degree and everything he's ever written involves his belief that Atlantis existed in the Bahamas. That includes his master's thesis.

Harte

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriusstarlight
reply to post by stupid girl

Sorry but I never heard of it before so therefore it must have originated from ancient egypt. Everything has whether you know it or not. If it's not older than 11,500 years old I rest my case.

You totally made me LOL

Oh, and your argument is invalid because my hair is a bird on Wednesdays. But only when it's a hungry triangle.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Long topic though there were Altantean temples established throughout the world. Many are 100s of feet deep, some deep under layers of sand/silt waiting to be discovered or rather re-examined.....as satellites, due to modern xray topography know where most of these are and many are currently being explored, mostly above ground. Not all wars are fought for resources for ancient technology is priceless.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by 1Learner
reply to post by Hanslune

I say this out of the reading I have done of channeled information which so far has no evidence to prove itself because that was not the intent of the messages received through said channel.

Thanks for the reply, so why would you believe this information? when their is a lack of an collaborating evidence?

Just wondering

I believe the source has no intention to lie in any part of the whole information. If there is deception within it, there is still the opportunity to learn for those seeking to learn.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I remember a tv show called in search of where they dived and showed the top of a perfectly preserved pyramid and found a place to go inside. This was in the Carribean I believe near the Bahamas. The pyramid looked new. They did state the water was usually too muddy or murky to see but they found one day when it was a bit less murky and showed it on tv.

Ever since then I have heard nothing. Either almost no one was interested in finding out more or no one wanted to spend any money investigating or someone wants to keep things secret. I suspect it is more like all the ruins in South America that no one pays attention to. I did a quick search and found this. I wouldn't be surprised if the pyramid was part of a city and all hidden by the muddy or murky water in the area.
www.philipcoppens.com...

I suspect that what I saw on tv many years ago was the tip of an iceberg of well preserved structures. I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted to keep things secret but maybe no one knew where to look.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Learner

I believe the source has no intention to lie in any part of the whole information. If there is deception within it, there is still the opportunity to learn for those seeking to learn.

You are very trusting, good for you - however I don't follow channeling, do all Atlantean channellers agree on the same message? Do they ever get together and speak Atlantean?

A nice piece of channeling I picked at random

Greetings Masters, I am Archangel Metatron, Lord of Light !And so again we speak of the emerging mega vortex of Arkansas, the portal of the quantum crystalline frequency. For now, in 2008, this vortex vaults into global prominence with the unfolding of the dimensional lock that held the Atlantean crystalline wisdom, that of the Golden Age of Atlantis, that of the highest frequency obtained on your earth plane.Indeed that time has come and in the present year will begin the unlocking of great Atlantean Crystals, held for over 12,000 years in dimensional seal within the magnetic complex of Arkansas. Many of you will be drawn to take part in the unveiling, for indeed you were there as witnesses to the deluge and some of you to the consequent movement of these amazing Atlantean master Crystals to this and other areas.Three Atlantean Wisdom & Healing Crystals that once beamed magnificent light and celestial energy in the Temple of Healing, the Temple of One and the Temple of Knowledge on Poseida were placed in dimensional lock in the Atlantean Crystal Fields of Arkansas.

That is some serious new age jargon...Arkansas?

I picked this Atlantean channeling website at random

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
[...]do all Atlantean channellers agree on the same message? Do they ever get together and speak Atlantean?

I don't know.

To me, a trustworthy messenger delivers the message, and may answer questions concerning the message.
Once they start giving out persuasive messages you did not request (and they should be requested), or acting suggestive, there is clearly a manipulative intent. Information or messages like expecting the re-discovery of Atlantis to be personally helpful are not, in my opinion, personally helpful.
The info that does concern me is more often than not something that I could come up with in my mind while reflecting on my self. The channelings I choose to believe are mainly about that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You don't even realize Plato's connection to Atlantis, do you? Although you would if you had done any kind of occult studies. Plato was a student of the Greek Mystery Schools, which if you study the Mysteries were said to have originated in the teachings of Atlantis and were then moved to Egypt with the building of the pyramids for initiation into the Mysteries. They were called tombs because of the mock death that takes place during initiation to symbolize the killing of the Ego.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

You don't even realize Plato's connection to Atlantis, do you?

Howdy VeritasAequitas

Yes he made up a story to support his idea of utopia, have you read Meropis?

Although you would if you had done any kind of occult studies.

I did I found it boring and full of made up stuff...but I did find Crowley amusing

Plato was a student of the Greek Mystery Schools,

Evidence from peer Greeks sources for this claim?

which if you study the Mysteries were said to have originated in the teachings of Atlantis and were then moved to Egypt with the building of the pyramids for initiation into the Mysteries. They were called tombs because of the mock death that takes place during initiation to symbolize the killing of the Ego.

They are called tombs because they buried the dead Pharaohs there, the AE were obsessed with death.....in your opinion where DID they bury all these pharaohs then? Why did they bury their family members next to the pyramids I wonder?

In your opinion what percentage of the 'mysteries' came from the ancient world and how much is modern, since the 18th century +, made up stuff?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You don't even realize Plato's connection to Atlantis, do you?

If you think that, then you haven't read much around here.

Although you would if you had done any kind of occult studies. Plato was a student of the Greek Mystery Schools, which if you study the Mysteries were said to have originated in the teachings of Atlantis and were then moved to Egypt with the building of the pyramids for initiation into the Mysteries.

Please give any reference at all that dates to Plato's time or before that even mentions Atlantis (other than plato himself, of course.). And I mean the lost city or continent, not the ocean.

See, none exist. Hence, how can you for even an instant believe that the "mystery schools" originated in Atlantis, when the first mention of the place dates to Plato and his dialogues Timaeus and Critias?

Harte

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by badpuppeh
The Atlantis story (while possibly based somewhat loosely on an actual place) is more an allegory on ideal utopian societies.Plato was very fond of allegories, IE: the cave story, as well as at the time of the writing of Timaeus and Critias it had long since been destroyed some 9000 years prior and was a story of a story of a story translated from egyptian to how many other languages and then into greek, as well as there are no other stories of the atlanteans vs greeks ( that I am aware of) Having said that, I am a big fan of lost cultures and societies so it will be interesting to see what happens at this site. Considering some of the things they say they have found already. I do believe there are a lot of things that went on back in the "olden" days that we are mistaken about (transatlantic voyages etc).

I want to say this is right, Atlantis is more of a fictional allegory than anything else. Atlantis as defined by most people today just does not exist.

A different and true story it is based on does exist though. This was a civilization in the Bible. Although the Bible does not mention the name of the civilization, we know that Noah lived there before the great diluge came. In the years before the flood, there could easily be several hundred million people around, if not billions. This was a unified civilization spread out over the earth, a loosely knit "nation" that probably had local governing tribes. These people that Plato allegorized into a different story were in fact highly intelligent and technogically inclined. They really did have lifetimes of 500, 600, even up to 900 or more years old.

When the floodwaters came from below and erupted continuously with the force of many volcanoes, they split the sky before falling back down as torrents of rain. In those days, the sky did indeed fall. And thats where the chicken little story comes from. That too was made into a fairy tale, much like Plato's story.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Give me a minute to respond to you once I get on my desktop.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Here is the video of the underwater ruins and if that's all they have then i wouldn't read any more about this one... those look like just plain ol rocks to me - some fractured but nothing out of the ordinary...

Brown's Ruins Video from the real website

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TC Mike

I want to say this is right, Atlantis is more of a fictional allegory than anything else. Atlantis as defined by most people today just does not exist.

A different and true story it is based on does exist though. This was a civilization in the Bible. Although the Bible does not mention the name of the civilization, we know that Noah lived there before the great diluge came. In the years before the flood, there could easily be several hundred million people around, if not billions. This was a unified civilization spread out over the earth, a loosely knit "nation" that probably had local governing tribes. These people that Plato allegorized into a different story were in fact highly intelligent and technogically inclined. They really did have lifetimes of 500, 600, even up to 900 or more years old.

When the floodwaters came from below and erupted continuously with the force of many volcanoes, they split the sky before falling back down as torrents of rain. In those days, the sky did indeed fall. And thats where the chicken little story comes from. That too was made into a fairy tale, much like Plato's story.

Plato described a civilization with a Bronze age culture- accomplished. The only problem is their is no archaeological evidence for its existence nor of a 'biblical deluge', nor a trace of a 'unified' civilization.

Have you read Plato's C & T?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Hi Hanslune, thought I would attempt to get back to you while I was on my desktop as my more eloquent or well constructed posts are harder to flesh out on mobile, posting links, pictures, etc is all a major pain in the anus.

So let's get started shall we?

Yes he made up a story to support his idea of utopia, have you read Meropis?

Mind citing definitive proof that he made it up to support an idea? You can't just say "Yeah Plato made up allegories to define utopia." without proving how you know that he decided that. This phrase was kind of irrelevant though.

I did I found it boring and full of made up stuff...but I did find Crowley amusing

Oh; So Madame Blavatsky was just lying through her teeth about the atom then, huh? There is a good deal of truth in the occult study if done through the path of experience. Some things can not be told but must be experienced.

Evidence from peer Greeks sources for this claim?

This would be a bit hard to prove since being in the mystery schools was a lot like being Tyler Durden in Fight Club; the first rule is: You do not talk about the Schools. However, I would be happy to share with you some links that give an overview.

ijh.cgpublisher.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

There were two Eleusinian Mysteries, the Greater and the Lesser. According to Thomas Taylor, "the dramatic shows of the Lesser Mysteries occultly signified the miseries of the soul while in subjection to the body, so those of the Greater obscurely intimated, by mystic and splendid visions, the felicity of the soul both here and hereafter, when purified from the defilements of a material nature and constantly elevated to the realities of intellectual [spiritual] vision." And that according to Plato, "the ultimate design of the Mysteries … was to lead us back to the principles from which we descended, … a perfect enjoyment of intellectual [spiritual] good."

They are called tombs because they buried the dead Pharaohs there, the AE were obsessed with death.....in your opinion where DID they bury all these pharaohs then?

Well if the Great Pyramids were tombs; mind showing me some bodies of these supposed pharaohs that they wasted a lot of time and labor to build tombs for; yet they never found? Thieves couldn't have stolen all the bodies could they? What use would they have had for a body? Necrophilia? In your opinion, where did all these dead pharaohs go for lack of being in the pyramids?

To address the question of why people would be buried around the pyramids; I could say that it is possible they are slaves or workers who died during construction or possibly is the origin of the tradition to bury dead outside of holy or significantly religious institutions, churches, monasteries, etc.

Just because all the kids said smoking cigarettes is cool, doesn't mean they are. Just like if all the scientists in the world agreed upon something; it doesn't mean it's distinctly true or has cause and effect upon me. I care not for what or how other people tell me to think.
edit on 10-11-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I think this deserves a place in this thread, just to let you know how much we've really explored the Atlantic or any of the oceans.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-11-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Howdy Veritas

Mind citing definitive proof that he made it up to support an idea? You can't just say "Yeah Plato made up allegories to define utopia." without proving how you know that he decided that. This phrase was kind of irrelevant though.

Because that is what he did - he was philospher, that and a complete lack of any evidence for Atlantis or many of the points he mades, ie an Athens that existed that long ago. Do you know what Meropis was? If you like you can try to prove that he was talking about real stuff but no one has been able to do that yet

Oh; So Madame Blavatsky was just lying through her teeth about the atom then, huh? There is a good deal of truth in the occult study if done through the path of experience. Some things can not be told but must be experienced.

Then they cannot be claimed as evidence

What the Madam said

The atom is elastic, ergo, the atom is divisible, and must consist of particles, or of sub-atoms. And these sub-atoms? They are either non-elastic, and in such case they represent no dynamic importance, or, they are elastic also; and in that case, they, too, are subject to divisibility. And thus ad infinitum. But infinite divisibility of atoms resolves matter into simple centers of force, i.e., precludes the possibility of conceiving matter as an objective substance.

You might want to look at the history of atom theory, I'd suggest she got the idea from Corpuscularianism or she got lucky and created the idea herself by philosophical reasoning

This would be a bit hard to prove since being in the mystery schools was a lot like being Tyler Durden in Fight Club; the first rule is: You do not talk about the Schools. However, I would be happy to share with you some links that give an overview.

Nothing better than hidden evidence, lol. So yes it would seem Plato knew of such cults

Well if the Great Pyramids were tombs; mind showing me some bodies of these supposed pharaohs that they wasted a lot of time and labor to build tombs for; yet they never found?

Sure here is pyramid with a body inside

So in your opinion where did they bury the Pharaohs, prior to Pyramids they did so in mastabas and after the Pyramid age they went to rock cut tombs - so what happened inbetween that time?

Thieves couldn't have stolen all the bodies could they? What use would they have had for a body? Necrophilia? In your opinion, where did all these dead pharaohs go for lack of being in the pyramids?

No they burned the bodies to get the jews that were incorporated into the mummy but some mummies weren't burned and later reburied

To address the question of why people would be buried around the pyramids; I could say that it is possible they are slaves or workers who died during construction or possibly is the origin of the tradition to bury dead outside of holy or significantly religious institutions, churches, monasteries, etc.

Most pyramids are built in an existing necropolis - to take the Giza examples the relatives, mothers and wives of the Pharaohs are buried near them

Just because all the kids said smoking cigarettes is cool, doesn't mean they are. Just like if all the scientists in the world agreed upon something; it doesn't mean it's distinctly true or has cause and effect upon me. I care not for what or how other people tell me to think

That is where the evidence points to, tombs and the ancients agreed
edit on 11/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I was more concerned with The Giza and more specifically the Great Pyramid in reference to bodies. I am aware there were bodies found in later pyramids, but what if that is a custom that the profane picked up from the schools. Like the whole metaphorical death to transcend ego; so later generations will say "We put dead people here."

Sorry for this crude post; I'm on mobile :/

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join