It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an Atlantean Temple been Discovered in the Bahamas?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I wouldn't doubt Atlantis existed. The documentation and evidence is astounding to say the least.

The past many centuries we have lost a lot of ancient history. We're like a species with amnesia.

The records of Atlantis seem too strange to have been fabricated.

Like they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane
reply to post by intrptr

I wouldn't doubt Atlantis existed. The documentation and evidence is astounding to say the least.

Howdy On7

Considering the evidence and documentation is non-existant that is a forward statement

The past many centuries we have lost a lot of ancient history. We're like a species with amnesia.

I see that cliche stated alot do you actually know what it means? What species doesn't have amnesia? Of course we have lost a lot of history, it is the nature of history to be lost.

Like they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

Pious fraud is rampant in 'Atlanteanology' that is the truth and not fiction

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Learner
reply to post by Hanslune

I say this out of the reading I have done of channeled information which so far has no evidence to prove itself because that was not the intent of the messages received through said channel.

Thanks for the reply, so why would you believe this information? when their is a lack of an collaborating evidence?

Just wondering

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

It's possible it could be an ancient temple or ruins of a settlement, 4000 years ago that was all dry land. 20 feet of water is not that deep. Even Cuba and the Bahamas were once a part of the mainland North America. Interesting find.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Direct hit.
Target destroyed.
Thanks...out

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Hmmm you sound abit like a Snow Hall Graduate of FAS

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by intrptr

Hmmm you sound abit like a Snow Hall Graduate of FAS

Just glad you did it so I didn't have too.

Whats FAS ?
1,2, or 3?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh your use of language made me wonder if you had gone to FAS, Field Artillery School at Ft. Sill or perhaps Larkhill

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriusstarlight
Every single religion has originated from ancient Egypt.

Nope.
Nimrod in ancient Shinar.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by EthanT

It's possible it could be an ancient temple or ruins of a settlement, 4000 years ago that was all dry land. 20 feet of water is not that deep. Even Cuba and the Bahamas were once a part of the mainland North America. Interesting find.

Lotsa sunken cities all over the globe.
Twenty feet is not too deep at all, in that respect.

Sunken Cities

I don't understand why some people are so weirded out about the possibility of an ancient civilization having been located in the Bahamas? Is it because they are just hell-bent against the Atlantis association?

I mean, you give someone enough money and they can prove or disprove just about anything. Take quantum physics for example. How much money has been invested in this area of research JUST ON THE LHC ALONE??

Just because something has never been seen, doesn't mean it absolutely does not exist. Invest the same amount of money in finding bigfoot, and he would have been found yesterday, if not sooner. Invest that amount in finding the Artic Nazi camps and they would already be selling some of them as renovated vacation properties.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Lotsa sunken cities all over the globe.
Twenty feet is not too deep at all, in that respect.

Sunken Cities

Well in the list above 4 are real cities and one is not

I don't understand why some people are so weirded out about the possibility of an ancient civilization having been located in the Bahamas? Is it because they are just hell-bent against the Atlantis association?

No something even more fundamental - lack of evidence

I mean, you give someone enough money and they can prove or disprove just about anything. Take quantum physics for example. How much money has been invested in this area of research JUST ON THE LHC ALONE??

Throwing money at something doesn't always means something will be successful note fusion to date

Just because something has never been seen, doesn't mean it absolutely does not exist. Invest the same amount of money in finding bigfoot, and he would have been found yesterday, if not sooner. Invest that amount in finding the Artic Nazi camps and they would already be selling some of them as renovated vacation properties.

We'll probably never find arctic Nazi camps because there aren't any and no comment of bigfoot

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by intrptr

Oh your use of language made me wonder if you had gone to FAS, Field Artillery School at Ft. Sill or perhaps Larkhill

Awww, what a compliment. No. I just read books. Thanks though.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I have no idea whether Artic Nazi camps exist and could care less if they did.
My point was, just because something has not been observed, does not mean doesn't or didn't exist.
And if you dump enough money into something, you are exponentially more likely to come up with some sort of discernable results. "Likely".......not "absolutely".

Dunno if bigfoot exists either. But they have a Discovery Channel show about it, so it must be true.

Kidding...

Eeew, but if he does exist, you know he pro'lly smells like a truck full of rancid road-kill. So it's pro'lly best he remains undiscovered......

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

My point was, just because something has not been observed, does not mean doesn't or didn't exist.
And if you dump enough money into something, you are exponentially more likely to come up with some sort of discernable results. "Likely".......not "absolutely".

Yes you are correct but something has been observed in regards to 'Atlantis', no evidence, as I noted above civilizations leave massive archaeological footprints and what Plato described would be easy to find- nothing is found while at the same time in the same areas Plato said the Atlantean were at nothing of them is found. There is however found evidence of the cultures that were there. In the Bahamas we only find traces the later native Americans.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

There exists not a single iota of evidence for Atlantis. Even Plato's allegory has no historical root in any oral or written tradition of any culture anywhere on the planet.

There exist no "records of Atlantis," so how could they be too strange to have been fabricated?

Harte

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Personally i think Atlantis is actually Gizeh, in Egypt. My reasoning is because legends say the Atlantean hall of records is sitting under the sphinx' paws. Archeaology has already proven a Great Flood did happen. It makes perfect sense. Atlantis is supposed to be the oldest and first known city ever built by man, meaning it would have been built by Cain, the twin of Abel. We know those pyramids are far older than mainstream archeaology suggests because there has been sediment from the Nile found underneath the casing stones when they were removed and fossils of a sea cow were discovered also, and the nearest source of ocean water for sea cows could only be the Mediteranean. The city sank beneath the waves alright, as the water began to rise up over the city from the flood.

We also know there was a Great Flood because over 1500 archeaological sites where ruins of towns and settlements have been discovered on the bottom of the Mediteranean Sea alone, others in the Black Sea and the bottom of the North Sea and Baltic Sea. Even the tower of Bab'El (Gateway to God) Nimrod built was discovered, it's foundation can be seen today south of the Ishtar Gate (Easter Gate) and Nebuchadnezzar II's palace. Alexander the Great tried to rebuild Bab'El but he died from a sudden illness after his last campaign. The tower of Bab'El is called Etemenanki today and can be found at the coordinates of 32° 32' 10.77" N 44° 25' 14.51" E on google chrome.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Personally i think Atlantis is actually Gizeh, in Egypt. My reasoning is because legends say the Atlantean hall of records is sitting under the sphinx' paws.

Ah no not legend Edgar Cayce made that up

Archeaology has already proven a Great Flood did happen.

Nope got that wrong, it didn't happen

Atlantis is supposed to be the oldest and first known city ever built by man, meaning it would have been built by Cain, the twin of Abel.

I suggest you read Plato's C & T

We know those pyramids are far older than mainstream archeaology suggests because there has been sediment from the Nile found underneath the casing stones when they were removed and fossils of a sea cow were discovered also, and the nearest source of ocean water for sea cows could only be the Mediteranean. The city sank beneath the waves alright, as the water began to rise up over the city from the flood.

Ah no, were are getting the stuff from?

We also know there was a Great Flood because over 1500 archeaological sites where ruins of towns and settlements have been discovered on the bottom of the Mediteranean Sea alone, others in the Black Sea and the bottom of the North Sea and Baltic Sea.

Nope

Even the tower of Bab'El (Gateway to God) Nimrod built was discovered, it's foundation can be seen today south of the Ishtar Gate (Easter Gate) and Nebuchadnezzar II's palace. Alexander the Great tried to rebuild Bab'El but he died from a sudden illness after his last campaign. The tower of Bab'El is called Etemenanki today and can be found at the coordinates of 32° 32' 10.77" N 44° 25' 14.51" E on google chrome.

The Etemenanki, is a Mesopotamian ziggurat built by Nabopolassar around circa 600 BCE
edit on 5/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Sorry but I never heard of it before so therefore it must have originated from ancient egypt. Everything has whether you know it or not. If it's not older than 11,500 years old I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Archeologists working in the Bahamas. Serious career envy happenin' here. Sigh...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It’s about time something came to light near the surface!

They need to clear out the sand around the base of the structure to see if there are megalithic stones underneath. Wouldn’t it be neat if they determined the pillars to be constructed in the same fashion as the atlantean warrior columns of Tula?

The list of Toltec rulers and their conquests mentioned by the Aztecs are considered myth because there is no evidence on land to back up those claims. If this site can prove a Toltec presence in the waters of the Caribbean then these ruins open the possibility that more Toltec ruins hide under the sea floor.

Myth can become history. It happened to Troy.

Or the ruins could be the birth place of the Yuchi tribe of Oklahoma, where the Eagle-Serpent People originated, as claimed by chief Samuel W. Brown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join