It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S AIR FORCE "warned" Florida residents they might hear "Loud booms"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
this happened a couple of days ago, the u.s air force warned homestead Florida residents that they would be conducting drills and to expect some loud "booms" and sirens. i experienced the "boom" phenomena a couple of months ago. i was in Orlando Florida at a resort with my wife, the time was around 940pm and while me and my wife were leaving from the pool, we started hearing very faint booms almost like explosions in the distance....the weather was perfect and there was no clouds in the sky.

the best way i can describe the sound was like the explosion of the expensive fireworks that blow up in the sky..just the very low base "boom" though. the distance from the pool to our hotel room was about 1 city block and the entire time the distant boom kept on going. it wasn't just one boom followed by another one...it was multiple, i literally remember telling my wife, this is exactly what it would feel like to be in a war zone...it made me very uncomfortable...

like i said the time was around 940pm it was around April, there was no visible fireworks, and no holidays that i could think of at that time, especially one that would require fire works.. if it would have been 4th of July or Sept 11 or new years i would have dismissed it as fire works but it was early april.

which brings me to the above tittled "drill" it says that residents can expect to hear sirens and faint explosions.... that's it.. that's all it says, it doesn't say what will be causing the explosions and doesn't even explain the purpose of the drill...what the hell is going on? they just expect people to read these announcements and be like "its OK, they at least gave us a heads up" and just go about their daily lives while explosions and sirens are going on in the background?...

but the sad part is that, that's exactly whats going to happen.. these are some bad times we are living in...i am going about my daily life because technically i believe we are at the point of no return, there isnt much we can do to change our momentum towards total chaos and catastrophe at this point....so i go about my daily life but i remain ever vigilant....they are planning something...something BIG..and i believe this whole hurricane sandy scenario is one big social experiment...to gather data on how a largely populated area would respond to disaster

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
might the booms be sonic from aircraft? sirens for a mock air raid?
here in canada where i live is not close to an army/airbase,so i cannot relate!
even if the canadian military did do fly by's i don't think the bi-planes we use would be much of a problem!

unles they fell out of the sky!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You should include a link to a source.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Research Blue Angel's homecoming. I think it was this weekend. That could be the source, perhaps they are practicing.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

ETA - Wow never mind, just googled Homestead, (I missed that the first time around), and it is way to far south for the Angels to be heard.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

" i was in Orlando Florida at a resort with my wife, the time was around 940pm and while me and my wife were leaving from the pool, we started hearing very faint booms almost like explosions in the distance"

Disney has a fireworks show every night when there about to close. and its a full on 4th of july style display.

the military drill sounds interesting keep us posted.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There are bombing ranges in Florida where live bombs are used . The really big explosion in Michigan was never explained . There was a reading there of a very high Radiation release of some kind . The News didn't report anything from what I heard . Thats odd !
Something is a foot ! And everybody feels it .

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

I know that the Magic Kingdom park at Disney has fireworks as well as the Epcot park. These aren't any slouch shows either. Maybe it was one of those shows.

BAH!! Amptarcher beat me to it. Haha. Oh well.
edit on 4-11-2012 by wirefly because: Because I WANTED TOOO!!! ...haha

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
about the fireworks, the beginning of April is when baseball starts. i'm sure MLB does it too sometimes, but our Single A minor league baseball team has fireworks for every home game that's on a Friday. (just throwing it out there)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It happened again however I did not hear it thanks to being sound asleep.

“Confirmation has been received by The Gilchrist County Emergency Management, that the loud 'booms' heard today is a 'Weapons Systems Test' 150 miles off the coast of Florida in the Gulf of Mexico. Tests will continue today and cease over the weekend and then resume Monday morning. The 'Weapons Systems Test' is a joint operation between the UNITED STATES NAVY AND AIR FORCE."

www.myfoxtampabay.com...

LOL, OK I guess they think we are just ignorant sheep, do they realize how far this county is from a weapons test 150 miles out at sea? I know sound carries on water but not that much, to create a sonic boom type noise over land that far. Only a nuke is that dam loud. Also the Big bases are real far away in the west panhandle.

Are they testing nukes out there or what?

new topics

top topics

join