It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread being flagged but not added to OP's flag count.!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I noticed this and thought maybe there is a glitch..............

So I refreshed the page but the count remained at zero. So I decided to flag the thread..........

Still not being added to this members flag count?

Yes - this member is the OP

Is it to do with his membership being 2005 and having a low count with all stats (window 7 / Vista didn't exist then)

IDK much about computer OS programs but seems therein lies the problem maybe.

NB: His star count IS functioning as I have starred the OP and it went to 111 after I took these screenshots.

If a mod instructs me, I will PM the thread in question.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I've seen this glitch before. IIRC, there are a half-dozen or so members who don't show flags on their profiles.

Symmetry in nature as there a half-dozen or so members who show too many flags in their profiles.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Try refreshing the page.

Or slogging out and then, back in.

For some reason, I have to clear my cache if I want to see new posts after logging in. Never used to have to do that.

Of course the Recent Posts at the top of the page works just fine for that though.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I've seen this glitch before. IIRC, there are a half-dozen or so members who don't show flags on their profiles.

Symmetry in nature as there a half-dozen or so members who show too many flags in their profiles.

Also saw that many times before
but i remember one time a member making a thread about this issue
then a mod responded in the thread (dont remember who)
and corrected the issue very quickly
edit on 11/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah, I remember the thread too from ~2011ish?

Not so sure if it was resolved though.

ETA - RELATED

ETA 2 - Solution

edit on 4-11-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Yeah, I remember the thread too from ~2011ish?

Not so sure if it was resolved though.

yeah lol
something like that
im pretty sure the issue was then resolved .. at the end the member was happy

think it was an admin ..maybe Springer or Crakeur who fixed it
maybe with this thread we can make a list of all the members who have the same "glitch"
then we send the list to Springer

im sure he will be happy to receive some homeworks

EDIT : AHH you found it lol
thats why i remember .. made a reply in the thread
send the homework to SO
ahah

Seems that only old account have that particular issue
new members are safe
(only admins can fix it)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Touche'

++Does double take++

Lucky I'm not a conspiracy theorist otherwise I would get all paranoid and think you were taking about me and consequently take screenshots upon receiving replies!!

Either way, I suppose the Devil is in your details aye!

back at ya bro

Kandinsky will do the right thing because he's a top bloke......right!!!

reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah Rexy tried all that mate - appears its happened before

edit on 4-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added link

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nah, I wasn't digging at you. It was more of a satirical swipe at the flag-chasers around here.

It's typical you point to the 6s cos they've been showing up a lot recently. I've obviously been infected my some internet meme. 6s and 2s everywhere!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

in numerology what 6's and 2's means

6:

The symbolism behind number Six is legend. With Venus as its ruler, Six represents harmony, balance, sincerity, love, and truth. Six naturally reveals solutions for us in a calm, unfolding manner. We invoke the Six when we need delicate diplomacy when dealing with sensitive matters. The spiritual meaning of number Six also deals with enlightenment; specifically "lighting" our path in areas we require spiritual and mental balance. Sixes beckon us to administer compassion and consciously choose forgiveness in a situation
--
The Chinese meaning of numbers takes on a cosmic glow with the number six. To the Chinese way of thought six represents longevity, expansiveness and celestial power. We see this in Chinese designation of the six cosmic points of direction with esoteric directions of "above" and "below" making six points of philosophical concentration. That theme of expansion and metaphysical insight is repeated in the Chinese observation of mankind's 5 senses, with its six sense extending out into etheric understanding. Six also holds the quality of time (or timelessness in terms of space). Both night and day are segregated into six sections in the Chinese calculations of daily time. So when we contemplate the meaning of number six in our lives we are contemplating the perennial mysteries of life contained in celestial power, cosmic focus and the cyclical nature of time. The Snake is the Chinese zodiac symbol for number six, and South/Southeast is its direction in Feng Shui practices

2:

The symbolic meaning of number Two is kindness, balance, tact, equalization, and duality. The number Two reflects a quiet power of judgment, and the need for planning. Two beckons us to choose. The spiritual meaning of number Two also deals with exchanges made with others, partnerships (both in harmony and rivalry), and communication. Two urges us out of our indecision, calls us to unite with like-minds, and like-ideals. Two asks us to exert our natural flow of judgment to do what is best for our souls.
--
We've met the father of the children of numbers (number one), and number two is the mother of the numeric empire. She is an even number, so we see feminine/yin energy. She represent balance and the passage of time and so her symbolic implication is legion. In fact, we could say the entire Chinese system of numerology is structured around the number two as we see in Taoist thought, the cosmos is comprised of two forces (yin and yang). But two can be elusive because she is the number of duality. But, from duality comes mitosis (cell division ultimately leading to individuality). Two corresponds with the Chinese zodiac symbol of the Ox, and governs North/Northeast directions in Feng Shui practices.

so if he sees 6 and 2 everywhere .. it mean a lot of good stuff

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Or it could mean he's twice as evil as .... DA DEBIL!!!

j/k of course

ATS has been around a loonnnggg time! It's great to see some of the "original folks" are still kickin

edit on 4-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah, I haven't been paying very close attention, but sometimes when I'm active and get a star or two, they don't always get tallied up. I've no idea how accurate the F/S system is, but it does seem glitchy.

Still, I like to gauge whether or not I'm contributing anything useful or interesting, and the only way to do that is to watch stars vs posts.

Just for what it's worth. I noticed it several times over the past few months. Someone said that when a mod stars a post, it receives two stars; perhaps only one of them goes in the tally???

I don't know. It doesn't really matter except that I like to know if anyone enjoys my contributions.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Just for what it's worth. I noticed it several times over the past few months. Someone said that when a mod stars a post, it receives two stars; perhaps only one of them goes in the tally???

I don't know. It doesn't really matter except that I like to know if anyone enjoys my contributions.

Exactly correct.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks! Good to know!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

If a mod instructs me, I will PM the thread in question.

Is the thread and the OP some big secret, you wont link it and you blacked out the OP's name, like this isnt a public place or something

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Dude - chill

Its simply courtesy to protect the privacy of someone else when I'm about to make an OP about a specific member WITHOUT their knowledge.

Anyway it is linked my friend - or were you just keen to rush in and have a go without reading the thread?

Courtesy and respect - you know, that thing we expect from each other and our children!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Dont tell me to chill, I just thought it was funny and was making a joke about it.. How about you chill

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Respectfulness is always a good thing my friend, and you are always respectful of others

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by Ben81

j/k of course

ATS has been around a loonnnggg time! It's great to see some of the "original folks" are still kickin

Thats my Raven side .. will always be kickin

has for my Dove side .. doesnt kick that much .. very peacefull lol
has for my Rooster side .. he just cant shut the hell up LOL

da debil is that french ?
on dit "Le Debile" en bon francais

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by Ben81

j/k of course

Thats my Raven side .. will always be kickin

has for my Dove side .. doesnt kick that much .. very peacefull lol
has for my Rooster side .. he just cant shut the hell up LOL

da debil is that french ?
on dit "Le Debile" en bon francais

nah, it's from the movie "Waterboy"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join