It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street Leading Massive, Volunteer-Powered Recovery Efforts in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
please help any way you can,
in times like these all that matters is that everyone pitches in and helps,

They are thousands-strong and growing: entering devastated neighborhoods yet to see outside help from established aid organizations.

They are staffing donation drop off sites, running mobile food kitchens and delivering hot meals. They are distributing food and supplies to the stranded, locating trapped seniors, and aiding clean-up efforts.

In short, they are helping some of New York's most vulnerable right now, and the work being done is simply breathtaking. And that work is growing by the hour.

Loosely organized under Occupy Sandy, Occupy activists have, in conjunction with 350.org and Recovers.org, created in very short order a massive, malleable volunteer network that is reaching untold numbers of New Yorkers still in the dark and cold.

They have established donation drop off sites in Rockaway, Coney Island, Staten Island, Chinatown, the Upper East Side, the Lower East Side, Harlem and all across Brooklyn.

www.dailykos.com...

if your woundering what you can do,
get in touch and do what you can,

i am so proud to see people working together to supply hot food and supplies for those in need,
in NZ when we had the big Christchurch earth quake a "student army" stood up and did the hard yards to help anyone in need

the government agencies have their hands full and are working to capacity,
the red cross is working hard and needs help,

if their is some thing you can do, do it, it will inspire others to act.

to my american friends if there is anything you need please let me know,

xploder
edit on 4-11-2012 by XPLodER because: add vid

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is amazing, way to go Occupy!
Maybe this will open some eyes to their movement as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Dear XPLodER,

Thank you so much for wishing us Americans well and offering assistance. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. If we choose to, we can take care of this issue. Still, it is nice to know that others care about us. I support both the Occupy Movement and the Tea Party. I do not support our current system of selling ourselves out to the the highest bidder. We used to be a heck of a country. Peace and thanks again for your warm thoughts of us.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

In this, even I would stand with Occupy.

*applause*

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here is the only good that ever comes from a disaster in my opinion. People discover how much they have in common as opposed to having different. Nothing else quite makes it possible, unfortunately and it won't last but it's warming to see when it's needed the very most.

Thanks for sharing!

new topics

top topics

join