It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea otter jumps on boat to avoid being eaten by whales; cries for baby

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by InfamousRebel

I feel weird responding to a member who has been banned, but oh well.

Thanks for posting and this was a very moving video. I almost got teary eyed until I realized this is the cycle of nature and that I ate pizza with meat on it today which was in essence the same thing as that killer whale eating the baby sea otter.

It was incredible to see another species express their sadness as this strengthens my theory that we are all somewhat connected emotionally and spiritually.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They're gonna need a bigger boat.
second line

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What a touching story. I'm regularly amazed at what people find to share here which shows the deliberate intelligence of the animals around us. Sometimes, the most surprising sources too. I wouldn't have first categorized Otters as being this intelligent. I dunno why...maybe those assumptions are part of the problem.

Then again..the video reminds me of why I try and keep a little distance from nature's dramas. It's a brutal place when you figure..under other circumstances...we same folks raise voices for the whales, not for taking their dinner from them. Ahh... A world better left without my emotional interpretations anyway. It sure is amazing to watch them though. So smart and comfortable coming to Humans as temporary help and shelter. Nature is a wonder!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

just like the video here, there's two sides to every story;
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but if humans actually did take care of themselves, in the right ways, we may grow to respect ourselves, to trust ourselves and encourage each-other.
Simply, I think that would help every thing on this planet.
It's like what Spidermans grandfather told him... seriously; we have the greatest power amongst the most alive consciousness on Earth... we seem to be merely meeting puberty in our development.
We can learn a lot from the world and it's creations as to what our responsibilities should be
(but sort the problems out at home first you know, gotta sort OUR # out!).
So though I do agree humans are a problem, sort out whats inside and help to encourage some good shtuff, no won said the war was easy.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Seeing humans hurt doesnt affect me that much. Animals i cant freaking take it. even if its in the nature. its good thing i wasnt there cause i would jump in water to hunt the whales even if that wouldnt make too much sense...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Where i live they show a commercial about the plight of animals. It comes on early morning, since i guess they dont have a lot of money, ASPCA or some other. I cant watch it, it is just too heart wrenching. When will we take care care of these animals?...the good animals.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My poor little otter pups!
. Too hard to watch. But thank you for posting anyway. Otters are great creatures.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InfamousRebel

The poor thing,she is acting like any mother,regardless of species,would but that sea otter mother could certainly teach us a thing or two.Heartbreaking listening to her cries.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Awwwwww

I love otters...what a sweet, sweet otter mama

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You guys are ridiculous, whales gotta.eat too! Good call on the otter for hopping on the boat tho, survival of the fittest. Cool vid

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"The universe is hostile, so impersonal, devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join