It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Receives Death Threats For Reversing Support For Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
What has happened to this country when a man can not vote his conscience without being threatened! I have never heard of such a thing before! Is this a new trend where people will be afraid to mention who they will be voting for? Afraid to place a bumper sticker on their car? Or a sign on their lawn? Kudos to this sweet and caring pastor for not being intimidated! I may not believe in religion, but I believe in good people like him.

And this is not a Romney vs. Obama issue. This is criminal and is not what any person should have to endure in America, the land of the free. A democracy where you are free to choose who you want to vote for.

Visit this link to watch the video.
Pastor Receives Death Threats For Reversing Support For Obama

One Sacramento pastor, whose congregation has thousands of members, voted for Barack Obama in 2008 but won't be doing the same in 2012. Stefanie Cruz reports.

edit on 4-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Let me guess. The link is from an unbiased source right?

Deny Ignorance

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

I saw this on Huffington Post earlier tonight. They had posted it from AP news.

I don't care who in the world you support, no one deserves death threats for liking one candidate over another.

The only ignorance to deny here is the ignorance of any moron who doesn't believe that people should have the right to support any candidate they wish.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

It is a video of a pastor talking. So are you saying that the pastor is lying? Do you trust anyone in life? Are you not appalled that this could happen to anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Did he say hes voting for Romney? He just said he no longer supports Obama.

If he has any sense, he'll vote for anyone BUT Obamney/Robamney.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

It is a video of a pastor talking. So are you saying that the pastor is lying? Do you trust anyone in life? Are you not appalled that this could happen to anyone?

Since I don't personally know him I don't know if he is lying or not. I only trust myself. If it did happen to him AWESOME!!! Any person who truly follows their religion would stay away from politics. Who did Jesus endorse?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

Originally posted by elouina

Since I don't personally know him I don't know if he is lying or not. I only trust myself. If it did happen to him AWESOME!!! Any person who truly follows their religion would stay away from politics. Who did Jesus endorse?

If it happened to him Awesome?!? Glad to see you find death threats against people for following their own political beliefs so great...

Most ignorant comment ever.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

You were quicker to post than me. I was still picking my jaw up off the floor.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Death threats? Did they really happen? That's nothing compared to what this so called pastor will endure for dancing with the devil.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Death threats? Did they really happen? That's nothing compared to what this so called pastor will endure for dancing with the devil.

Glad you are in such a place to pass judgement like you do.

Seriously, you lost all credibility on the board the second you said death threats were awesome.

Again, most ignorant comment ever (and I have seen TONS of ignorant comments on ATS!)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
That’s horrible. People should not be coerced and especially not threatened because of who they support.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Glad you are in such a place to pass judgement like you do.

Seriously, you lost all credibility on the board the second you said death threats were awesome.

Again, most ignorant comment ever (and I have seen TONS of ignorant comments on ATS!)

It's not passing judgement. It's a fact you can not serve two masters. How can a man of faith involve himself in politics when any idiot knows what politics entails. It would be like someone on ATS claiming to deny ignorance but never looking for the truth. The pastor knows this that is why he rescinded his support for Obama. There are over 20 conservative sites reporting the same story with the same Breitbart link. Do you know for a fact that the threat came from an actual Obama supporter. No, but the op twisted the story to fit the agenda. The pastor is not supporting anyone and the title should have reflected this fact. By the way I do not need your credibility. You can give it to someone else.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
That’s horrible. People should not be coerced and especially not threatened because of who they support.

The pastor does not support anyone. See how the op has you twisted? Watch the video and listen to what the man says.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The pastor does not support anyone. See how the op has you twisted? Watch the video and listen to what the man says.

OP Twisted nothing... In fact, they said it wasn't a Romney vs Obama issue. YOU are the one twisting it and frankly sounding like not the brightest bulb in the pack by saying "AWESOME" to a death threat.

And I said nothing about my credibility - though I give you none as you said the most ignorant thing I have ever seen said on ATS.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
How about the damn religious people keep quiet unless they want taxed....

..... like they should be anyway

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

You know what? For once we actually agree!
I have no clue who he actually does support, but it doesn't matter.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This is why there is no place for politics in religion, and why there is no place for religion in politics.

Both are personal choices for people, and the two should never be mixed!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So, I can get angry and threaten a life because a person does not agree with me?
Pathetic

I'll be so damned glad when this election is over. Death threats, riots, anger.

What a bunch of fracking babies!

And that goes for ALL SIDES!!!!

GROW THE #### UP!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So, I can get angry and threaten a life because a person does not agree with me?
Pathetic

I'll be so damned glad when this election is over. Death threats, riots, anger.

What a bunch of fracking babies!

And that goes for ALL SIDES!!!!

GROW THE #### UP!!!!!

It is sort of humorous to see this response coming from one of the forums most angry, bitter, vocal Right-wing parrot ever known!

Pot meet kettle type of thing...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join