It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People looking for fights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I do admit that I was cold. As soon as he realised he wasn't going to get anything he did a 180 degree turn and started swearing, insulting and pushing. I mean come on... I trusted my gut and my gut said walk.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I do admit that I was cold. As soon as he realised he wasn't going to get anything he did a 180 degree turn and started swearing, insulting and pushing. I mean come on... I trusted my gut and my gut said walk.

I don't blame you.

I would've done the same thing... only I think you may have a little more patience than me...

My first instinct would have been **cock's shotgun** BOOOM

But my second, and usually my active instinct, would have been the same as you. Ignore it and walk. Done it before. It would be a stupid thing to fight about anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not a smoker, so I can't speak for that. But here in Canada, I have experienced idiotic drunks looking for a fight. I just ignore them and walk by, or say something short but friendly, which usually throws them off.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

That excuse hardly works when I have a lit cigarette in my hand, which is the only reason he spotted me and acknowledged my very existence in the first place....

And trust me, my anxiety kicked him as soon as he started shouting and running towards me. I just thought to myself 'No not THIS time, not for you'. This guy was taking the piss...

And to be perfectly honest, even if I was slightly cold or passive aggressive, does that justify someone to explode, insult me my mother and push me over a cigarette he didn't want until he saw mine? I don't know...
edit on 4-11-2012 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2012 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Dude, what're you going on about?

Seriously.

You're over reacting.

Honestly, being upset about someone treating you like trash like that doesn't make you a snob. It just means you have some shred of decency. I do the exact same thing.

If you saw me, I guarantee that the word "snob" would be the LAST thing to come to your mind.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Mate... honestly... why didnt you just give him the fag? Seriously? The pack carries 20... so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to do the math.

Wouldnt be that hard... specially considering the price of smokes in the uk.

So maybe he wasnt polite, but anyway calling you "bruv" was hardly what I would call "offensive".

Plus 2 wrongs dont make a right, and if you really were so "above" that bloke, you would get over it and give him the fag. Honestly, I think you were cocky and that attitude is why you see the papers in the morning "Young man stabbed over a cigarette".
edit on 4-11-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
When I can I always give someone a smoke.
Sometimes I'm short on smokes, and I smoke alot.

Otherwise, I feel it's Karma, as I have been caught without cigs before, and am not to proud to ask.

My fav is when someone asks Do you have an extra?
My response is always, they still come twenty to a pack. But I still give one away most the time.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

You did handle it kind of poorly but that doesn't excuse the guys behavior.He may have taken your reaction as being an asshole and thus reacted the way he did.Doesn't excuse it though.You could have just said you didn't have anymore.That's usually what I do and people just say okay and walk away.As a smoker believe me I know how you feel though.I used to work with a guy who bummed cigarettes EVERY day.Finally I told him to get his own and I was done supporting his habit.He mumbled something but didn't ask me for one after that

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I just don't know when the 'Hello, good evening' got lost between me learning English 17 years ago and now... I just don't think OI OI will get you very far...

Back at home in the US I would feel very strange asking a random person for a cigarette, and would never expect them to give me one. However, here in Poland I am asked many times per day, even when not smoking. Sometimes even by guys who are passing out advertisements, so they obviously have jobs. I open the pack and put it towards them since my hands are usually full, and they take two! I normally laugh, its not a big deal, but lately I will just say that I do not speak Polish, or ask them if anyone in this city ever buys their own cigarettes.

Its like my Dad always used to say: Do I have First National Bank written on my forehead? No? Then why keep asking for money!

You handled it fine, the guy just did not want to take no for an answer. At least his girlfriend didnt ask, and then give the cig to him!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
LOL, how about you give them that fight? If someone's looking for it, happily beat the crap out of that person. Also, you couldn't spare one cigarette?

Pretty much this. It was just one cigarette. Not like he asked for 5 bucks to buy himself some condoms

Here in the States, a lot of robberies and assualts start off like this.

I'm happy he stood up for himself.

If the other guy had his priorities straight, he would have had a pack of smokes. That he bought with his own money.

If I have to "bum" something, I ask friends or family, not a total stranger.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It depends, sure it may have gone bad but it ended up bad by default because of arrogance. It couldn't have gone any other way but bad from the initial exchange of words.

I guess it depends, if you knew the guy was the sort to make trouble, that's different, if it's going to happen anyway.. been there.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So you wrote a thread complaining about yourself? wtf?
You were definitely being the ass in this situation, unless you just typed up your dialogue incorrectly. Apparently you are too good to be addressed in a certain manner by certain people...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

its happend to me twice over here across the pond, first time i was drunk had a 40oz and a smoke in my mouth walkin down the street, im not gonna lie i was toasted but in a friendly way, i remember i had two smokes left and no money and then a a random dude start walking next to me(we are in a public area with more than one bar and its saturday so theres alot of people around) he says hey man can i bum a ciggerette? i say yeah give me two bucks. he didnt like that and starts cursing me out. so i tell him to f*ck off and, I keep walking. next think i know im surrounded by 4 dudes him included. i saw there intentions they were going to beat me for for a smoke. so i broke my 40oz bottle on the ground (hoping it would make them think twice about there actions) just as i did this someone yells cops and we all start running, i toss my broken glass, we get over the railroad tracks and look around, and no cops at all so they surround me again, so i decided since im about to get jumped i might as well go out fighting, i rush the original ahole and start in on him and am immediatly getting punched a kicked by the other three, this goes on for about tweanty seconds and then (sirens and lights) here come the cops we all ran again and i cut through some yards and made it home with some bruses and two smokes, ia am assuming at least one of these trouble makers got arrested so i call it a win for me even though i lost a half a 40oz.

just the other night in the same area saterday once again, i bum a smoke off a dude, and next thing i know 2 of his buddies get in my face saying stuff like,(do u even know who this is, ect,ect) they were trying to provoke a response out of me so they had an excuse to jump me, so i pulled a jedi mind trick on them, i stand my ground look each one in the eyes for about a secound, and say"you know what, im looking at all of you and i see good in your eyes, so what ever you are thinking about doing isnt going to happen" the lead intsigator looks at me and says"thats some real # dog, and ends up shaking my hand"

what i have learned from these two experiences is that i need to stop going out by myself in this area.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Do you realize you could have been stabbed over a cigarette? Maybe the guy had a tough day as well, at least he bothered to ask you nicely at first. Not saying he was on the right, just saying you never really know how you're messing with.

Edit: Anytime someone see you smoke and you're low on cash, tell them you'll half life the cig you have. Keep walking and when you feel you've had enough, offer them your cig! It works every time.
edit on 4-11-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

There is nothing like a young drunk Polish punk. I have had them get in my face screaming randomly at Tram stops. I just keep looking straight ahead, partially at them and passed them, the famous thousand yard stare. They do not know what to do. In any type of situation like this, my very first instinct is to not be aggressive, but assertive, let them know that I am not afraid, and not a push over. Even though this happens once a week, usually on nights of a national team match or a local one, I have yet to get into a fight in Poland.

Honestly though, different story when I am with my wife. She had been viciously attacked early in her teens, so she is of course terrified. I try to explain to her that these types of people look for that, they get off on that reaction, but to no avail. I understand her, so I am much nicer and placate whoever tries to start trouble or asks for a smoke when she is on my arm. One time I got into a silly fight over guys making cat calls to her, but that is another story, and it ended up well, they shook my hand and said YOU ENGLISH YOU COOL. Not bad for a young overly aggressive american at the time, eh?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Wow, between the two of you, YOU are definitely the one coming off as looking for a fight. Or at least as a prick.

Many, many people NOT looking for a fight in the first place would have smashed your face in for acting like that! You, the supposed nice guy, could have just said "sorry mate, I'm almost out myself" or something like that.

And you shouldn't feel the need to condescendingly laugh anyone in their face ever, really. Unless, of course, you're looking for a fight.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by mr10k

Because up to now I've always given, no matter how rude, just to stop them pestering me. It's exactly as I feared, I say no once and I get condemned for it...

I don't condem you OP !

I wonder how many of the poster's actually live in the UK, because I can tell you now, if you don't front it, things can get worse !

I remember a time about 12 years ago yards from my flat, having my path blocked by this big guy aggressively demanding I give him some change....there were others around with this guy, I felt quite intimidated, but stood my ground, said "No."

Despite this, he still was obstructive, and eventually moved to allow me safe passage.

Nobody is entitled to something you own...it is your's to give freely if you so wish, end of !

Oh, and here in England "Bruv!" is only used as a greeting/term of endearment, between Chav's....Not something you would say to the wider public, or someone who wasn't your mate...Unless you wanted something for nothing out of them !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

I don't believe this happened, and I believe you just made this story up to make yourself sound big and hard. I also think you made this story up to just be a flag whore.

This is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join