It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Born Without a Brain Dies - This is not a joke

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Unity_99

So the parents said.

People see what they want to see.

The video is there, and his smiling face is not held up by hairpins. It's not logical to see that and continue that line of thinking.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by vpjanitorial
reply to post by AQuestion

This isn't even the most unusual case. There are people born without brains who have fully functional memories, and are just a little bit slower than you or me. There is a doctor who wrote a book on it, arguing that the seat of Consciousness is not in the brain of all, and that we exist outside of the physical for it to even be possible… can't remember who.

I find that very hard to believe. That is a pretty damn big claim to make when you don't even provide a source. This story would be well known if true.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What about people who suffer brain damage and then recover or at least adapt and become stable?

This boy was amazing, if not for anything but the fact that he lived long enough to provide love to his family and receive it, that is a blessing in itself.

May he rest in peace.
edit on 5-11-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by nixie_nox

If he is smiling and interacting then I think the soul is there. The brain is the just the transmitter.
Thank you you and the amount of people that starred your post just reaffirmed what I always thought of the majority of people in this world. It's not pleasent so I'm gonna spare myself from getting modded and not posting what I think.
edit on 5-11-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
reply to post by jeantherapy

Well if he's a surgeon it must be true!! Especially if he was on Coast to Coast

Seriously though, I'd be interested to see any real scientific evidence of this, if any actually existed.

It sounds like a not so bright surgeon is just running with a belief because he can't find another explanation.

Maybe the most rational explanation is much simpler: that the monitors used to record brain activity aren't sensitive enough to show the consciousness of some peculiar individuals when they're on heavy anesthetics.

You call me out for a lack of evidence, then state your own opinion while failing to support it with evidence. Why even bother responding to me, wasting my time thusly?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Dear juleol,

On page 4 of this thread, Limbo provided links to the doctor who wrote about people with normal IQs who had practically no brain mass. It is very interesting.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

What do you have to say about the case described in the link just referred to from page 4 ??

"He reports the case of a Sheffield University student who had a measured IQ of 126 and passed a Mathematics Degree but who had hardly any discernible brain matter at all since his cortex was extremely reduced by hydrocephalus."

Some of the things you posted indicate you are not being truthful about your profession or training.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by drphilxr

What do you have to say about the case described in the link just referred to from page 4 ??

"He reports the case of a Sheffield University student who had a measured IQ of 126 and passed a Mathematics Degree but who had hardly any discernible brain matter at all since his cortex was extremely reduced by hydrocephalus."

Some of the things you posted indicate you are not being truthful about your profession or training.

Dear jeantherapy,

The one known as drphilizx, does seem to know what the current state of medical belief is. I appreciate knowing what the medical profession believes is true. Let us have a deeper understanding of what they believe so that we can check ourselves and them, let us stretch our beliefs by knowing their deeper. Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
I don't know how this is even possible and according to the doctors he should have been dead within hours

The problem with doctors is that they are not allowed to acknowledge that humans are spiritual beings. Because of this, they have to try and come up with a physical explanation for everything.

That's why they can't understand things like this. Hopefully as we as a species evolve, the medical industry will too...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Dear juleol,

On page 4 of this thread, Limbo provided links to the doctor who wrote about people with normal IQs who had practically no brain mass. It is very interesting.

But where is the actual proof for this claim?? This is nothing but a claim with no proof.
Just because this guy is/was a doctor does not mean he speaks the truth. I want to see the evidence that he had virtually no brain and yet was normal.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Of course it must be considered, just as you have to consider that the medical establishment you describe does not have a monopoly on the truth nor does their knowledge form a complete picture of the inner workings of the human body.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

reply to post by juleol

Dear juleol,

But where is the actual proof for this claim?? This is nothing but a claim with no proof.
Just because this guy is/was a doctor does not mean he speaks the truth. I want to see the evidence that he had virtually no brain and yet was normal.

Dear juleol,

I guess the best thing to do would be to buy the book and read it. I don't have the proof, as I said in my OP, I only recently found out about this at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'll answer your question -- I hope you will forgive me if I don't read the followups.

Our first child was born with this condition. I did see the brain after autopsy (they saved it at the teaching hospital, asking if I would donate it and I did) -- the term is a little misleading. My son had a fully formed lower brainstem and cerebellum but was missing most of the cerebrum. He managed to be able to sit on his own, and he certainly did laugh and breathe and eat. I built a special padded skateboard so he could crawl around.

He was our joy, and I loved him dearly. He died of meningitis ten days after his first birthday.

sorry...that's all I can write about, even after all this time. But "anencephaly" doesn't mean "totally no brain there" -- it means there's very little cerebrum.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Dear Byrd,

I am so sorry for your loss. I wrote this thread to get a better understanding of the condition. As others began telling their stories I feel I have begun to understand it better. I think what touched me was how the mother and grandmother felt this child had helped them to be a better family. To you and the others who have dealt with this, I do hope I treated the manner with respect, I was not familiar with it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.rifters.com...

Also references on here + scans.

www.flatrock.org.nz...

There's quite a lot of information on this is the medial literature if you can be bothered to look..
Limbo
edit on 9-11-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join