NAACP Takes Over Houston Polling Station, Advocates for President Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You know, I would take the wine while my family filmed it. And I would not only broadcast it on YouTube, I would turn it in as evidence. This is absolutely appalling! In fact I am going to look on YouTube for video right this second. I hope they took plenty of pictures also. Hey what about the security cameras? I bet this gets investigated and some people will be going to jail. And rightly so

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your entire response had little to nothing to do with your very own original post, which was about the NAACP taking over a Houston Polling station. My response was directed at the fact that your sources were merely hearsay, it's "he/she said", and to make it worse, they're coming from rightwing websites.

Until there is actual evidence that NAACP members did indeed break the law and did indeed intimidate or unfairly lobby any voter at that polling station, you're doing nothing other than spreading baseless claims.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I KNOW 100% who I am voting for. If you are voting at all....you KNOW 100% who you are voting for. There really is no point to that side of it anymore....it's just fighting and picking fights for the pure sake of it and that's counter-productive to everyone.

Well said!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

My source was a mere example used to illustrate a larger point...As I have noted in a prior post on this thread. You've taken issue with the example I used. In my last reply to you, I was replying from the standpoint of the purpose I made the thread. obviously you did entirely miss it.

Again, I didn't create it for a partisan war. There are enough of those popping up as it is. It's not truly my thread of course. I can't control it once it's posted but I can say it when a reply is directed TO me.

If you happen to see someone from the right at your polling place acting out of line, I'd absolutely encourage you to film it and post it Tuesday with anyone else. I'm absolutely not going to show any bias either way on condemning this, whoever may do it.

By the way, I'm not sure just what the affiliation of the poll watcher has to do with anything? You can be a poll watcher. I can be a poll watcher. It's part of the process open to *ANYONE* and part of why I'll never quite understand the people who just insist certain kinds of fraud happen....yet laugh at the very thought of becoming part of the solution to see that it doesn't.

If more ATS type people WERE poll watchers, as the person in the source example, I'll just bet money we'd have a hell of a lot less fraud at that point of the process anyway.

All anyone would have to do is volunteer in advance and get set up for the position during the general election.

So....it's just that he's a politically right leaning person that makes his credibility absolutely 100% 0 for the example? That is what I refer to when I talk about extreme and self defeating partisanship. Especially at this stage of the cycle. It's almost over. This isn't necessary anymore. Bashing a CANDIDATE? Heck, that's fair. bashing EACH OTHER? Enough.... Really. Just enough.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Is this the first world... or is it Zimbabwe?

IRM

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I appreciate the way that you wrote your OP.

That is the way to look at these problems.

For those that want to deny it and say that only the other side is guilty, the Black Panthers were on video. Doing it with Billy Clubs. What happened to them for breaking the law?

Oh, that's right, nothing.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
They should retract every vote that came out of that station and call back all voters who voted there.

Or get them to vote without feeling threatened.

Or just negate all votes comming from that station.

Edit- That way the NAACP will be responsible for breaking federal laws. And so will the polling workers who did nothing and allowed it to happen.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Your flaming partisanship isn't terribly appreciated

This is where you lose all respect and credibility.

You are by far one of the most partisan people on this forum, it's laughable that you accuse someone else of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed

Your flaming partisanship isn't terribly appreciated

This is where you lose all respect and credibility.

You are by far one of the most partisan people on this forum, it's laughable that you accuse someone else of it.

The OP has been nonpartisan in this thread.

Can't say the same for you.

So if anyone has credibility in this thread, it is wrabbit.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Why is all this crap happening in Texas? First the Texas authorities have threatened to arrest international election observers and now this? Are we becoming lawless or something?

Those international observers were/are in favor of Obama, and would only observe if Republicans were/are doing any fraud, but would not do the same for Democrats, or any other party. And do you know who requested for these international observers?... Another member posted a news article where they clearly, and specifically sttate they were going to monitor possible Republican voter fraud.

I will look for that thread. I wish now that I had saved a link to it.

US civil rights groups ask international election monitors for assistance

NAACP and others say voter restrictions and ID laws ahead of 2012 US election require planned observer mission to expand

www.guardian.co.uk...

Anyway, what these people did is wrong, and it doesn't matter if it was done by Republicans or any other party. This is simply wrong.

edit on 4-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

three NAACP members showed up to the 139 precinct location with 50 cases of bottled water and began handing bottles out to people standing in line

Wow THREE? OMG! That's almost as large as the Black Panther showing that Fox News was freaking out about. And they had on "True the Vote" t-shirts... wow.

How dare they give out water bottles!

Did any of you notice all the cases of REAL intimidation and checking "green cards" going on by the NeoCons? The existential threats that the "I'm not Prejudiced But..." crowd keeps having to scrape up is really getting trivial.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

three NAACP members showed up to the 139 precinct location with 50 cases of bottled water and began handing bottles out to people standing in line

Wow THREE? OMG! That's almost as large as the Black Panther showing that Fox News was freaking out about. And they had on "True the Vote" t-shirts... wow.

How dare they give out water bottles!

Did any of you notice all the cases of REAL intimidation and checking "green cards" going on by the NeoCons? The existential threats that the "I'm not Prejudiced But..." crowd keeps having to scrape up is really getting trivial.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Good to see that you support violation of federal law and nothing being done about it by the officials that are responsible for enforcing the law.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Good to see that you support violation of federal law and nothing being done about it by the officials that are responsible for enforcing the law.

Good to see you can misconstrue something to support your own prejudice and fears.

ANYONE can "watch a pole" and I don't support intimidation by one group challenging voters -- as Tea Bag and NeoCon groups have done. However, the "True the Vote" is handing out bottles of water -- possibly balancing the "pole watchers" from the "more American than you" crowd.

But if you think Black people in t-shirts are a Menace and somehow unconstitutional -- that's all on you. There's nothing here illegal or remotely unethical or controversial. Except they are black.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I didn't misconstrue anything.

You specifically mentioned the Black Panther incident, where militants intimidated voters in front of a polling place using Billy clubs. You made a joke of it.

Do you support what they did? Do you support Eric Holder's decision to take no action on the case?

ETA: I didn't mention race in my previous post to you, but you manage to try to paint me as a racist. Nice work.
edit on 4-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by texasgirl
Why is all this crap happening in Texas? First the Texas authorities have threatened to arrest international election observers and now this? Are we becoming lawless or something?

Those international observers were/are in favor of Obama, and would only observe if Republicans were/are doing any fraud, but would not do the same for Democrats, or any other party. And do you know who requested for these international observers?... Another member posted a news article where they clearly, and specifically sttate they were going to monitor possible Republican voter fraud.

I will look for that thread. I wish now that I had saved a link to it.

US civil rights groups ask international election monitors for assistance

NAACP and others say voter restrictions and ID laws ahead of 2012 US election require planned observer mission to expand

www.guardian.co.uk...

Anyway, what these people did is wrong, and it doesn't matter if it was done by Republicans or any other party. This is simply wrong.

edit on 4-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

Absolutely they would intervene if Democrats were cheating. The Democrats don't but cheating Republicans assume everyone is as corrupt and lacking of integrity as they are. Honestly, I would say that almost any foreign observer would PREFER Obama -- even though he's far to the right of what they'd like to see in our country. But 21 out of 22 countries surveyed PREFER Obama -- the lone exception is Pakistan (maybe because of the drones?). So, everyone but the one failing ally teetering on becoming Muslim extremists would prefer we not elect Gordon Gecko. What are the odds eh? LINK

I'd welcome a return to paper-punch ballots -- but that isn't going to happen because the Republicans cannot win elections without cheating the system.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You specifically mentioned the Black Panther incident, where militants intimidated voters in front of a polling place using Billy clubs. You made a joke of it.

Do you support what they did? Do you support Eric Holder's decision to take no action on the case?

There were THREE of them. It's more of a Halloween event than an incident. 3 people in a country of 350 Million. How small do you want to go to freak out about being "oppressed as a white man"? I'm sorry, but I'm guessing you are white and a man, because NOBODY else thinks this is a huge problem.

I supported Eric Holder ignoring a stupid incident. He'd have to be knocking heads of Hundreds of Tea Baggers who do the same thing and actually approach voters to check their IDs. I'd be happy for someone to crack down on three people who have nostalgia.

You know WHY the Black Panthers came about? Because Black men used to get lynched, rather than just thrown in federal prison for a joint.

I made fun of the Black Panther incident, because it was almost as ridiculous as the one we are talking about. Almost.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but I'm guessing you are white and a man, because NOBODY else thinks this is a huge problem

Maybe you shouldn't guess. I am a man, but I am not white. I am Melungeon.

Your last post makes it clear that did in fact support the voter intimidation that occurred and was captured on videotape.

I don't see where you need to inject race into it. If you support voter intimidation on one side only, that is fine, it is your choice. If you support the Black Panthers, that is okay too. Just because very few do, doesn't mean that you shouldn't stick to your beliefs.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

There were THREE of them. It's more of a Halloween event than an incident. 3 people in a country of 350 Million. How small do you want to go to freak out about being "oppressed as a white man"? I'm sorry, but I'm guessing you are white and a man, because NOBODY else thinks this is a huge problem.

I supported Eric Holder ignoring a stupid incident. He'd have to be knocking heads of Hundreds of Tea Baggers who do the same thing and actually approach voters to check their IDs. I'd be happy for someone to crack down on three people who have nostalgia.

You know WHY the Black Panthers came about? Because Black men used to get lynched, rather than just thrown in federal prison for a joint.

I made fun of the Black Panther incident, because it was almost as ridiculous as the one we are talking about. Almost.

Of course you support Holder ignoring this...

It serves your purpose.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
There were THREE of them.

And all three were breaking federal law and should be in jail. It doesn't matter what side of the coin they are on .. or how 'nice' they may be acting. The fact is that they weren't supposed to be there and it is a federal crime. Everyone knows this. They broke the law anyways. Book 'em.

I supported Eric Holder ignoring a stupid incident.

Then you support voter intimidation. Congratulations. :shk:

You know WHY the Black Panthers came about? .

When it comes to the voting polls ... I DO NOT CARE why they say that they came about. They have no business showing up at voting polls to intimidate people in their 'uniforms' and/or with weapons. It's just that simple.

EVERYONE should obey the laws .. otherwise no one will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join