It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tutankhamun - new evidence shows Carter, stole from tomb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

By process of elimination he knew that area hadn't been excavated. It was an easy assumption to make.

The kid found a legitimate step. They kept digging, more steps. Wouldn't you keep digging? I don't see anything questionable about it.

Remember, he already found evidence that the tomb was in the area.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

By process of elimination he knew that area hadn't been excavated. It was an easy assumption to make.

The kid found a legitimate step. They kept digging, more steps. Wouldn't you keep digging? I don't see anything questionable about it.

Remember, he already found evidence that the tomb was in the area.

i agree with you....but i think he knew certain things...like the location of the tomb....and instead of dislosing...he just put the glory on an egyptian...and moved on.

there is an awful lot of snidey BS....as i said, he can take the gold to get paid....but i personally would consider him to be a &^%$...is if he found Ahmoses and Akhenatens tomb.....if tuts had that much gold...god knows how much Ahmoses would have

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Carter was a PITA, yes, but the Department of Antiquities rode his butt. I think he got sick of so many years of coming up dry. It must have been a tremendous relief to finally find a tomb, mostly intact.

Honestly, I don't begrudge the man a couple of trinkets. He sweated his behind off for years in godawful places for very little return and put up with a lot of BS from petty officials.

I guess I don't understand why you dislike him. I don't think he was any worse than anyone else digging there at the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

the reason why i dislike part of his persona

is that people like him, have made it very hard for the rest of us to be trusted when it comes to archeology in egypt.

they dont even let foriegners dig anymore...and when they do...they are never left alone
everything has to be done by egyptians...which is a nightmare if your on a schedule and have a time limit

regardless of our hersay.....they know things were taken....when they ask for it...they get foggged off....it reflects bad on the modern egyptologists...
edit on 3-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
so the 8th earl...turned the basement of the castle into an egyptian exibition....and i cant get a ticket as they are sold out ffs

from the castles website:

He created one of the most extraordinary Egyptian collections in the world, with unique and exquisite works of art. Following his death in 1923, the collection was sold by his widow to the Metropolitan Museum of New York in order to pay death duties. Howard Carter had catalogued it and commented that he had left a few unimportant items at Highclere.

Perhaps by comparison with some of the works of art sent to New York, the remainder seemed less significant

www.highclerecastle.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hanslune

what do you think we`ll find if we google/research..."edward Harkness + magnetic resonance + Frankfort"

the cryptos?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Don't forget that the men went outside while the women stayed inside which is the cause of the tradition of depiciting males as a brown colour and the women, normally at least, a light colour.

The Egyptians were basically a light skinned people.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

I think you're thinking of European society.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Hanslune

That's interesting, however I don't understand the link to me?

Early 19th century archaeological expeditions were essentially controlled looting sprees and over time this was moderated to where it rarely happens nowdays-that we know of.

On the bust of I'm sure you are aware that the tradition was to paint males red and females yellow, unfortunately the paints changes colour over time. Looks like an ancient Egyptian to me

Um, actually, the Pharaoh was in fact black. And I have no idea why that is even an issue, as Egyptians were black.

Just because Hollywood uses white actors to portray him, does not mean it to be true.
edit on 3-11-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

The Egyptians were actually only black for the last 200 years of the existence of Egypt.Before the fall of Egypt they were Caucasians.

Since when have the Egyptians been black anyway? Only foolish Afrocentrics believed that nonsense up until the point where Tut was proven to have been a red haired white man.Of course though they didn't want the world to know that he was white so they didn't talk about Tut until someone released the details about im.

Oh and just because Egypt is in Africa does not mean that it was a black civilization.Blacks were always in central Africa up until the point of being enslaved by the Arabs.
edit on 4/11/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

google - Ahmose Nefertari......google using images!!

18th dynasty...most important women......seeing as we are talking about 18th dynasty tombs!!

asian my a***.....

Of course its silly to think AE women were asians, they simply used a yellow colour to depict them, just like they used red to depict men........but that red paint ages...and what colour does it turn? You might also want to consider the effect on people who are out in the sun for long periods of time.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you think we`ll find if we google/research..."edward Harkness + magnetic resonance + Frankfort"

I guess we'll know when you do that and post the results here but why is this germane?
edit on 4/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

The Egyptians were actually only black for the last 200 years of the existence of Egypt.Before the fall of Egypt they were Caucasians.

Since when have the Egyptians been black anyway? Only foolish Afrocentrics believed that nonsense up until Tut was proven to have been a red haired white man.Of course though they didn't want the world to know that he was white so they didnt talk about Tut until someone released the details about im.

Oh and just because Egypt is in Africa does not mean that it was a black civilization.Blacks were always in central Africa up until the point of being enslaved by the Arabs.

Not really there were actual 'Black' Pharaohs, in particular the twenty-fifth Dynasty of Egypt, known as the Nubian Dynasty or the Ku#e Empire this was when the Nubian conquered AE.

Ah were you getting this stuff about him being 'red haired'? He was North African and a mix of African and euroasian ancestory as one would suspect, ie an AE

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Carter sole a whole bunch of stuff.

What really took place can be gathered from a report -- to this day never published, but studied in detail by Hoving -- that Lord Carnarvon wrote shortly before his death. Instead of waiting dutifully as regulations required, the party forced its way through the narrow opening right away.

Using tallow candles and a weak electrical lamp, the interlopers first entered the antechamber. Golden beds and beautifully carved chairs were piled up in the narrow room, as well as gaming tables and precious vases. Oval basins held food for the dead pharaoh.

Animal figures shone from the posts of gilded litters, monstrous in the weak cone of light from the lamp. The explorers moved chests, trampled brittle woven baskets, and pocketed perfume jars, opening chests in the side chamber as well.

"It wasn't until yet another seal obstructed his progress that he paused, with a shiver..."

Below is a link to the source with a lot of info. Well written story.

Source

From January 2010, so not necessarily a new story.

What I would like to find out is information on Lady Evelyn who accompanied her father Carnarvon and Carter into the tomb, I hear she got some pieces for herself. She must have kept a journal or diary which most did back in that time... that would be an interesting read.

And since artifacts have been showing up all over the world since, it if obvious he took A LOT of stuff.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's history now. It's pointless to judge them for it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

Since when have the Egyptians been black anyway? Only foolish Afrocentrics believed that nonsense

hahaaaaaa what a doofus comment!

no...they were white for the last 500 years....the rest..going back to Narmer, were black...except for a brief 15th dynasty hykosis rule.

valley kings, traditional horus kings (black) - 3100bc untill Taharaq....

then, persians - 525 bc (aboutish)
then, greco-romans - 325 bc

as you can see...white meant greek, roman or persian....

peace

edit on 4-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Not really there were actual 'Black' Pharaohs, in particular the twenty-fifth Dynasty of Egypt, known as the Nubian Dynasty or the Ku#e Empire this was when the Nubian conquered AE.

why

TO BE ACURATE...WE SHOULD USE THE ORIGINAL NAMES FOR THE TRIBES....not the 1920s racist view that black = nubian and the pharaoh cant be nubian....

KU#ES are being classed as nubians...when in actual fact they were KU#ES....

as this tribe had darker skin than the THEBANS....they are "confusing" what a nubian is

today...THEBANS, the ruling elite, would be classed as nubians....

today, they are all considered nubian..some tribes were darker than others

those black "nubians" in the images could be kenyan or ugandans....

peace

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Pharaoh I think the AE had a good idea who lived to the south of them........lol, Nubians, but then the ancient Egyptians called their land the medjay.....remember we call the AE Egyptians when they themselves called themselves, kemites and later they were called misr.....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Many of these artifacts will be used for internal M-JEWEL programming.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

S & F for spotting this, good work.

Have to say though, at the same time, is anyone actually surprised? Surely all tomb raiders, sorry "discoverers", took things home with them? I seem to remember reading that Schliemann (for example) had a rather extensive collection at home, discovered following his death.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Interesting things are often found in the homes of researchers when they die.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Michael Tsarion says that Carter was funded by the Rothschild to remove items from the pyramid and they were in there 8 years before the official opening of the tomb removing items and shipping them back to the Rothschilds who are supposed to have these items in their privet collection.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join