It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tutankhamun - new evidence shows Carter, stole from tomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
its funny how the truth comes out sometimes

picture this
so they are filming a new series of a popular tv programme..."Down Town Abbey" which is set in a real location
Highclere Castle...now highlere castle was/is owned by the Earl of Carnarvon.

the 5th earl of carnarvaron...now he was the rich, financial backer of Howard Carter.

the castle, now being in the public eye... people have noticed a thing or two....

todays news:

Recently, as Downton Abbey’s success has drawn attention to the house, authorities in Egypt have said all the Tutankhamun antiquities were stolen and asked for the return of any original items at Highclere. The Earl argues that he does not have any, only replicas, and that the other antiquities were obtained fairly. It’s never been definitively established where the 5th Earl’s Tutankhamun souvenirs ended up.

There was talk back in 1923 that items had been illegally removed. Carter was nearly caught in the act when Egyptian inspectors found a painted bust packed into a Fortnum & Mason box, as if waiting to be sneaked away. Somehow he managed to talk his way out of trouble

Carter began quietly distributing gifts from the tomb, with US oil baron Edward Harkness receiving a gold ring. He gave an amulet to a fellow Egyptologist, Sir Alan Gardiner. Then, when Carter died in 1939, dozens of valuable and important items from the tomb were found in his house, including a shabti [figurine] and a glass head-rest with a gold band. His looting was now an open secret.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

BTW...the link also shows what colour tutankamun was....

this thread is dedicated to my fellow ATS member...Hansulne....told you he had sticky fingers lol
edit on 3-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
People have known since the discovery of the tomb that Carter and Carnarvon pilfered artifacts. It was a pretty common practice in that day and age.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Let me tell you.. If I open a large treasure filled tomb for the first time in thousands of years and go through a lot of trouble as well as it being one of the greatest feats of the time, I think I deserve to keep a little something something.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

That's interesting, however I don't understand the link to me?

Early 19th century archaeological expeditions were essentially controlled looting sprees and over time this was moderated to where it rarely happens nowdays-that we know of.

On the bust of I'm sure you are aware that the tradition was to paint males red and females yellow, unfortunately the paints changes colour over time. Looks like an ancient Egyptian to me

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Early 19th century archaeological expeditions were essentially controlled looting sprees and over time this was moderated to where it rarely happens nowdays-that we know of.

On the bust of I'm sure you are aware that the tradition was to paint males red and females yellow, unfortunately the paints changes colour over time. Looks like an ancient Egyptian to me

Tradition changed over time, especially during the New Kingdom and Middle Kingdom. Painting the color of males and females was not always reddish brown and yellowish brown, respectively.

King Tut's color is not surprising. There are plenty of sculptures and wall paintings depicting him with a brownish skin tone.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Um, actually, the Pharaoh was in fact black. And I have no idea why that is even an issue, as Egyptians were black.

Just because Hollywood uses white actors to portray him, does not mean it to be true.
edit on 3-11-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here we go again.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Here we go again.

Not me they can go all black and white all they want, they were Egyptians, some Pharaohs were Black, some were Asiatics but the majority were ancient Egyptian who were a mix and if you want to see Pharaoh run from a question......I have one he just hates to answers. Anyway that's my last comment of 'race' of the AE

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

The earliest predynastic groups in Southern Egypt, along with dynastic Egyptians (both Upper & Lower) show closer affinities with Northeast African populations.

Labeling the population areas of a civilization that lasted approximately 3,000 years with tidy terms such as "black" or "white" is a false dichotomy.

Modern Egyptians represent the ancient Egyptians the most, although there's not an authentic Egyptian look, considering Egypt has a continuum of phenotypical diversity.

End of discussion.
edit on 11/3/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Like I said, here we go again.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

haha

put it this way...he looks exactly how hes meant to look lol

back to carter

officially,,,when asking egypt for permission to dig....it has always been the same response....if your allowed to dig, ANYTHING you find belongs to egypt....

obviously they all agree to this...but then, when you find such treasure.....

but they were excessive, they took too much...and i hate they way they disturbed the tombs.

BTW egypt knows whos got what... the british museum wouldnt return the sphinxs beard ffs lol

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

haha

put it this way...he looks exactly how hes meant to look lol

Yes pigments in paint never changes over time- were the men black and the women asians? They were yellow ya know in the art, lol

EOM

back to carter

officially,,,when asking egypt for permission to dig....it has always been the same response....if your allowed to dig, ANYTHING you find belongs to egypt....

Nope you are taking todays standards and applying them retroactivity back to an earlier time, take a look at the antiquities law of 1835, 1912 you will find them different from the 1983 and 2010. What did Carter sign?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

whats wrong...english isnt your first language?.....i can find a translation if you want

im just saying...carter was 100% the first person to open that tomb since it was sealed and hidden by the cult of amun....as i said...he had to clear a side of a mountain

and that story, about how he found the tomb....a waterboy tripping on a step is the biggest BS of all time....

who knows...that cryptos thread might make an appearance lol

peace

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

whats wrong...english isnt your first language?.....i can find a translation if you want

Perhaps you could try communicating what you meant instead of saying nothing? Just a suggestion

im just saying...carter was 100% the first person to open that tomb since it was sealed and hidden by the cult of amun....as i said...he had to clear a side of a mountain

and that story, about how he found the tomb....a waterboy tripping on a step is the biggest BS of all time....

How do you know this, were you there? lol you seem to be repeating your unevidenced claims from an earlier thread. I don't mean to repetitive but your assertions don't equal reality, you have any of that proof stuff?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Yes pigments in paint never changes over time-

what so just his face changed...tut tut lol

Nope you are taking todays standards and applying them retroactivity back to an earlier time, take a look at the antiquities law of 1835, 1912 you will find them different from the 1983 and 2010. What did Carter sign?

retroactivity....shmekro-reprivity.......dude its always been like that...the others were just unofficial thieves lol

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Why do you doubt how the tomb was found? Carter dug where no one else had.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

How do you know this, were you there? lol you seem to be repeating your unevidenced claims from an earlier thread. I don't mean to repetitive but your assertions don't equal reality, you have any of that proof stuff?

you wanna talk proof......

i cant prove he was the first....but.....he cant prove he wasnt!!!!

cut the BS they were excessive with the thievary....its a bit disrespectful...im ademant the egyptians would of turned a blind eye...had it not been so blatant

peace

always enjoy a chat lol

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

you wanna talk proof......

Always better than assertion treated as truth

i cant prove he was the first....but.....he cant prove he wasnt!!!!

Yes asking for an impossible level of evidence is always a good way to demonstrate your lack of evidence

cut the BS they were excessive with the thievary....its a bit disrespectful...im ademant the egyptians would of turned a blind eye...had it not been so blatant

You just changed the subject, I wasn't commenting on the taking of items, we were discussing your unevidence claims that he didn't actually find the tomb as he and others wrote

I would suspect that they did take items as did most archaeologists of that and earlier periods

Oh no comment on AE women being Asians? lol

Talk to you tomorrow

Senebti

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Why do you doubt how the tomb was found? Carter dug where no one else had.

its too much of a convienient story...a little poor egyptian beggar illiterate kid tripped on a step.....so they cleared a side of a mountain lol

im not actually concerned how he found it...just that i think he knew it was there for a while...and there is more than likely other tombs he found that he didnt disclose

most importantly...if he found Ahmose`s tomb....or even akhenatens...
thats the key questions

btw....years ago....akhenatens perspex coffin was put in an auction in switzerland by an anonymous person....now its in the museum in cairo

peace

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Oh no comment on AE women being Asians? lol

google - Ahmose Nefertari......google using images!!

18th dynasty...most important women......seeing as we are talking about 18th dynasty tombs!!

asian my a***.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join