It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it wrong to not give a damn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Is it bad that i dont care whether theres a marathon in NYC ?
Or that Darwin might ve been wrong?
Or whether gay people can get married or not?
And that I dont care how you think about me because of that?

I'd like to know what are your thoughts about practicing indefference and what prevents you from practicing?
edit on Sat Nov 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: changed the word in the titel....Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

Whatever...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as your not hurting or offending people along the way. When you start impacting others with your attitude, thats when you need to be pulled up. Each to their own.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Its pointless careing about things that don't make a difference if they exist or not...

Indifference towards events especially media based events is good, even towards what people think about you... Both are all well and good in my opinion

Indifference towards suffering... Thats a bad thing... it might even be "evil" if you choose to believe in that sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

its not wrong at all not to care about the subjects you mentioned, in my opinion they are all just distractions to stop people from seeing what is really going on in the world,

you say you don't care about the things you listed,

but what do you care about out of interest? sorry being a little nosy now

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
That's fine as far as I'm concerned, but it's reciprocal. If there IS something you care about, don't expect others to just because you do. You have to accept the fact that others might not care about your favorite cause. Not that anyone is going to check up on you, so I hold to your honor that you won't be dissing others when they don't care about whatever you do.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Nah, you're just growing tired of this realm just like me.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Nobody has the right to not be offended.

If you dissagree with something, don't listen or watch it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by omarm1984
Is it bad that i dont care whether theres a marathon in NYC ?
Or that Darwin might ve been wrong?
Or whether gay people can get married or not?
And that I dont care how you think about me because of that?

I'd like to know what are your thoughts about practicing indefference and what prevents you from practicing?

Yes it is bad because when you don't care you cease to be part of the solution and instead become part of the problem.

Your penultimate line states: "...I don't care how you think about me because of that'

The next sentence states "I'd like to know what are your thoughts..."

Finally you asked what prevents me from practising indifference. The answer is i have a conscience, i have morals, ethics, empathy, and sympathy.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I see no problem with it. But I don't get caught up in that stuff myself. I think everyone should clean their life up first before they worry about anything else. I mean really what does it matter if you throw yourself into a cause and you can't pay your bills, or your family is falling apart. I myself care little about such things and if that makes me a bad person oh well.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You're entitled to your opinions. Don't let the gutless tell you otherwise.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It doesn't matter because, as individuals, you and I and everyone else don't matter; just as the billions that have come and gone throughout mankind's history don't matter as individuals.

As a species, though, we are heading toward something. I have no idea what that something is, or when we will achieve it, but I know that our descendants won't make it if they don't care. If we don't care, why should they?

I think we are heading for some type of godhood, able to manipulate this universe as easily as we now flip on a light switch, manipulate DNA, and send satellites into space.

For all of the life on this planet we NEED to reach this godhood in order to get off this planet before it dies. And, no doubt about it, one way or another, it will die.

Question is, Do you care if mankind survives? If not, then you really don't matter. However, if you do care, then we need to help mankind grow up, and we can only do this as individuals.

We do this by instilling in our kids the desperate need for them to acquire more and more knowledge, with THEIR kids acquiring more and more knowledge. We need to impress upon them that life is not about praying to some imaginary god, not about painting the body with tattoos, or living off of welfare. It's not about drugs, or booze, or football. We need to stand up and say NO to war, to tyranny, to ignorance, cruelty, and most of all, to lack of education. No one should have a right to remain stupid.

If each new generation increased the average IQ by just one point, in twenty generations we'll have more scientists. In a hundred generations they'll all be geniuses.

To remain stupid, and to not care, is an insult to all that DOES matter.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by DarknStormy

Nobody has the right to not be offended.

If you disagree with something, don't listen or watch it.

No-one has the right to blatantly offend someone either just because they feel like it. Sometimes people cannot turn a blind eye either depending on the situation they are in.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985

its not wrong at all not to care about the subjects you mentioned, in my opinion they are all just distractions to stop people from seeing what is really going on in the world,

you say you don't care about the things you listed,

but what do you care about out of interest? sorry being a little nosy now

I care about my hobbies and the survival of all humans in harmony.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I don't give a damn about similar things.

Props to ya.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Hmm. Okay. I think your hobbies suck. In fact, I think they should be banned from the Earth. And I intend to sponsor legislation wherever you live to that effect.

Do you care?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Hmm. Okay. I think your hobbies suck. In fact, I think they should be banned from the Earth. And I intend to sponsor legislation wherever you live to that effect.

Do you care?

Good point. We are a self-centered species, so I guess the question is: Just how much are we willing to give up by not caring about how much others lose? If we don't stand up for them, why would they stand up for us?

new topics

top topics

join