It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are politicians psychopathic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you examine most politicians emotional responses and movements, coupled with their ability to lie without perspiring , added to that their uncanny ability to shrug off people's losses as well as their lives (literally, see kill lists), then surely we're to conclude these people are ACTUALLY psychopathic.

This goes a huuuuuge way to explaining why we can't understand them, they're a different breed of human. I HIGHLY suggest people seek as much information about 'psychopathy' as they can. When you've read the material one thing becomes increasingly obvious; psychopaths crave control, they also need 'power' at ANY cost; they don't care who they hurt because they're incapable of empathy and emotional connections, thus we're forced to conclude (at least I am) that a pre-requisite for political thought has, at least a jot, of psychopathic undertones. I'm not concluding that every politician in the world is a psychopath, but it makes sense in the case of some 'big players', especially in the banking world too (as self aggrandizement is also a key factor).

Here's some scorchers for you to sink your teeth into:

Bill Clinton - "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" (no psychopath can hold one woman, it's too 'consistent' with a structural boundary and they're simple 'too powerful' for that.

Lord Blankfien - "we're doing Gods work" (self delusional grandeur, especially in the presence of a Godhood, no one is higher than a psychopath in his world, not even God).

Obama "contrary to common belief I was not born in a manger" (or was he!? O.O)

Bush "the constitution is just a Goddam piece of paper" (just wow)

These are but a few example and tidbits, a simple google search of 'psychopathy in politics" will yield massive results. Especially as the 'affliction' is becoming better understood. Please inform yourself as it will probably help when we're all arguing about Obama and Romney, or Miliband and Cameron. They simply don't care about us, but we keep pretending they have our interests at heart. They're there for the pay-cheque, nothing more. They 'sell their souls' for power and renown. That's why these people can never just go away, they linger like a bad cancer until society, rightly, throws them away like the garbage that they are.....

Forgiveness is wasted on a psychopath, for they will give you less than none. In fact they'd probably beat you over the head with it for showing weakness. Before people ask why I study these people, I was friends with one for 22 years. It only dawned on me later in life that something wasn't right with him...... Long story, wont go into it here.... Needless to say, it ended in him having a knife to my throat asking me how easy it would be to kill me because he wanted to "know what it feels like to be a gangster". These people need to be allowed to age in ISOLATION, not run a friggin' country!!!! We're all sick now because THESE people are our role models, no wonder our children are so messed up! They know when they're being lied to, and psychopaths entire existence is a LIE..... Let's please, at least, stop giving them credence!!!!

You might want to start here 'http://www.hare.org/' this gives a great insight into the mind of a psychopathic persons mental world and their reality structure.

And please, let's stop using the word psychopath as an arbitrary insult and use it for it's real denotation - that being an incredibly serious ailment that needs addressing in a serious manner. If not, one day a psychopath will have the keys to all our nuclear weapons and will find a way to use one. God knows Nixon would've.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

The short answer is: yes.

The longer answer will have to wait because I am currently researching this very topic and will be posting something soon. Needless to say, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that the world is the way it is because of these very people. These psychopaths.

And politicians are the least of our worries. Remember, they are just the faces of the faceless. Bought and paid for.

Such an important topic, I can't stress that enough.
edit on 3/11/2012 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No, I don't think politicians are psychopathic. I do think people in positions of power tend to become corrupted over time, however.
As for Bill Clinton's lie about his affair, it wasn't foolproof. His body language indicated noticeable discomfort.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

I try to stay away from any mainstream interpretation of psychopathy as their system, inherently, supports their world view!

I believe that anyone who wants power should automatically be treated with suspicion, those who think it's their right to INHERIT power should be stopped at all costs - eternally! If the public cared enough, we'd have (every year) a massive test for these politicians, one that tests their empathy, capability of emotional connection and logical reasoning, coupled with a moral centre of understanding for the needs of others less fortunate. Instead they're pulled in front of panels of other 'system players' who continually ask ridiculously vague questions with no real direction toward anything humane (it's always robotically asinine) and we're told then that's "public consent"! Sooner or later they're going to be figured out..... Hopefully before the world goes boom.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Are politicians psycopaths?

Is a bear Catholic? Does the pope s.... Uh, I mean, is the pope Catholic? ... You get my point...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Yes, however remember, he was the president of the United states and he STILL had an affair. You're telling me an emotionally stable man would do that? I think not. I think that takes a person with an exceptionally high opinion of themselves!

And what was his response when asked why? "Because I could"...... COME ON!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I absolutely agree, there's nothing more important than this on a human level.

If the people running us are truly psychopathic then all those people telling us there's no hope are literally telling the truth. A scary thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No they are trained actors who just follow the money

some of them are probably psycho's but for the most part they are just doing as told in fear of being separated from the tit of their corporate sponsors

join