It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HALO 4!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Finally, a real sequel in the HALO series. Reach was ok but I was disappointed that Master Chief wasnt in it.
So yea its reserved and my son is going to stand in line at gamestop for the midnight release on November 6th:
HALO 3 was ok but I thought 2 was the best but ive heard that 4 is supposed to trump them all..lets hope

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I recommend the forward unto dawn live action series to get you in the mood for halo 4 'if you have not seen them already'. They are realy well made both in story telling and special effects from weta workshop. Master chief is brought to life brilliantly in episodes 4-5 , but you should watch the whole series in sequence to realy enjoy it.

Here is episode 1, the rest are also on youtube.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Cool man.. Ill check it out...
I just cant believe that more people arent as psyched about this as I am

Btw, if anyone cares. my Xbox live gamer tag is A UF0 (the 0 is a zero)
edit on 11/3/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
whatever could this one be about?Halo Reach was just supposed to explain how Reach fell right?
3 ended with Master Chief dying...sooo is this the prequel to 1

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
whatever could this one be about?Halo Reach was just supposed to explain how Reach fell right?
3 ended with Master Chief dying...sooo is this the prequel to 1

Lmao.. No

I guess you didnt watch through the credits?
He didnt die

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

whaat really?ya i didnt wait for the credits all i remember was them having a funeral with his Spartan117 helmet on top of the rifle.
my new question......if 4 takes place after 3....then where did 117 get a new helmet ._. LOL

glad to see Halo is still stickin around though,sadly I see many n00bs getting involved in Halo who havent even played 1-3 wtf is up with that lmao

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

After the credits, MC and Cortana are shown entering a "sleep" state after setting off a beacon

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

The ship "forward unto dawn" that the arbitor and the chief were on escaping the ark, got cut in half, the arbitor came back to earth through the slip space "hole". The chief got cut off halfway through, and reentered regular space at an unknown location.

Halo 4 is after 3, it has the chief along with the new spartan 4s, and the remainder of the chiefs team that Dr.Halsey called to onyx, where they entered a type of ark( a micro dyson sphere, inside the planet onyx, in a slip space field.

It is gonna be awesome!.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Found a site where a guy was able to write a review on Halo 4 after MS gave him a copy for that purpose.
Looks like a good story line.

Halo 4 Review

Cortana is slowly from rampancy. AIs like her aren’t meant to last more than a certain amount of years and she’s already past the normal expiration date. She’s slowly going insane because she can’t handle all the data her system used to be able to process with ease. Chief, of course, refuses to let her go and will do anything he can do to save her “life” while exploring that Forerunner planet. Many of the innovations that Bungie brought to Halo Reach have made their way to Halo 4—a variety of armor types, a jetpack, the ability to fly a ship in space, etc. You’ll also encounter new enemies called Prometheans that provide a variety of challenges. For instance, there’s the Crawlers which will likely hunt you in packs and can quickly overwhelm you even though they’re small. The larger, hulking Knights are easy to take down, if you’re just facing them. It’s the Watchers you need to – pun intended – watch out for. They fly overhead and will temporarily apply shields to the Prometheans below. Always go for them first.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I AM READY FOR THIS GAME! I have been waiting for the longest time! My Xbox recently broke down at the perfect time! Gave me a reason to buy the limited edition Halo 4 console! GOD I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE 6TH!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
seen the queue outside game whilst walking from work, tomorrow i'll pick it up then wait 8 hours until my shift ends so i can play the crap out of it.
Reach was the best Halo since halo 1 ( 2 and 3 did suck, all they added to those games was stuff) but i am glad to be mr 117 again

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm mad its not coming out on PC

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I dont think any halo games have ever been available on the PC?
I could be wrong, I havent played any games on a PC since Quake 3, about 8 years ago.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Halo 1 and 2 are on the pc

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Well, my son and daughter stood in line for 8 hours for the midnight release, I stayed home drinking beer

I havent played it yet, since he paid for it and stood in line for it, I figured Id give him a few days before I get on the
campaign.
It will only take me half a day to beat it on normal mode

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Found a site where a guy was able to write a review on Halo 4 after MS gave him a copy for that purpose.
Looks like a good story line.

Halo 4 Review

Cortana is slowly from rampancy. AIs like her aren’t meant to last more than a certain amount of years and she’s already past the normal expiration date. She’s slowly going insane because she can’t handle all the data her system used to be able to process with ease. Chief, of course, refuses to let her go and will do anything he can do to save her “life” while exploring that Forerunner planet. Many of the innovations that Bungie brought to Halo Reach have made their way to Halo 4—a variety of armor types, a jetpack, the ability to fly a ship in space, etc. You’ll also encounter new enemies called Prometheans that provide a variety of challenges. For instance, there’s the Crawlers which will likely hunt you in packs and can quickly overwhelm you even though they’re small. The larger, hulking Knights are easy to take down, if you’re just facing them. It’s the Watchers you need to – pun intended – watch out for. They fly overhead and will temporarily apply shields to the Prometheans below. Always go for them first.

I stood in line for only an hour with over 100 people in front of me at a gamestop here in SoCal. I played it and it is absolutely incredible! The graphics are outstanding, the multiplayer is nice and smooth,but since the game is still brand new, you might have trouble getting into a server, or playing with a party, but everything so far is very well done!!

I played the Campaign in a 3 man party last night, and there are still a few glitches, such as having to restart a campaign because things didnt load right....But thats expected because the game just came out! But its very well done, the sounds, and the Promethean weapons are very good.

Worth Every Penny!

edit on 7-11-2012 by Diggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Stayed up all night last night playing the campaign! Got pretty far and absolutely love it! Graphics are the sh!t and it stuck to all the classic things about Halo that I love! I encourage everyone who is a Halo fan to go get Halo 4! It is super fun! Now for tonight, I will play online! Had to get my practice out on campaign, anyone on Halo online tonight, when KillerKate kicks your butt, don't cry, feel worthy. Hehe jk! LOVE NEW HALO4!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
See as much as all of the hype for this game got me pretty interested and even replaying some of the older games.
I was really dissapointed in the storyline and the ending.

Any one else finished it yet? if so am i the only one who found the ending a bit of a disapointment?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My daughter, 6, LOVES Halo.. now dont be offended, she is a gifted kid and is a serious gamer.
However, my adult child thinks its funny and gives her a hard time.. and sent this. It backfired, the 6 yr old loved it and sings the lyrics~!! Had to share it with you other Halo Lunatics

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Banged out the campaign on normal in 5 hours last night. It had its moments and I did have fun. But it was a shame there was no final boss. MP looks fun, watching my buddy play it right now. I'll probably jump in eventually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join