It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Free Concert with Stevie Wonder 200 show up.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh hell! As a conservative, I'd have shown up just to listen to Stevie.

I know, I was thinking the same thing. The guy is legendary. OH yah it's getting Christmas time soon and his Christmas songs will be playing in every shopping mall across the country. I bet Starbucks even has a cd of him.
edit on 4-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerratedSoul

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
Don't know why everyone is hating on Stevie right now, He's accomplised more in his life then most of you ever will

It's one thing to use your celebrity/role model status to encourage people to take part in a democratic process, it's a whole other thing to pimp yourself out for a specific candidate. Not that I hold any of these people in very high regard to begin with, but they (celebrities) really should be ashamed of themselves for being used as tools in such blatant partisanship, especially now when it seems more than ever people are so impressionable and easily manipulated into doing or buying whatever they're told to by them. Planned or not, these free concerts are shamelessly similar to bribery in my mind. Back in 2008, I'll bet Stevie didn't have a single substantial issue for backing Obama and I'll bet he doesn't have one now, which would be fine for him if he weren't going out of his way to get everyone else to vote for him as well.

So were you against Clint Eastwood pimping himself out for Romney? Just wondering.

By the way, everybody -- including celebrities -- have the right to profess publicly for the candidate and/or political issue of his/her choice. IT'S CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH. And for you to rail against it shows how un-American and ignorant of US citizens' constitutional right you are. And again, did you complain here at ATS about Eastwood pimping for Romney? If so, please provide the link. Otherwise, ixnay on your double standards, chief.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Nobody gets tired of OOh Child Things are Gonna Get Easier, or at least they didn't when it was used as the theme song for Ally McBeal.
edit on 4-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
lol, a concert "celebrating" Obama's 4 year vacation at the White House? Hilarious....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Love the excuses as to why only 200 people showed up....

This event was on a large inner city college Campus, the preferred venue for Obama in this race, and they could not find more than 200 people to attend on short notice.... In the age of instant messaging and Twitter.... You can get thousands to flash mob and dance in a shopping mall but can't fill a rally featuring Stevie Wonder?

I guess most of these kids don't even know who Stevie Wonder is...or.... they just don't CARE!!!! I'm going with the latter....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why are people saying Obama wasn't there?
According to this article, and others I found, he was
www.google.com... evie-wonder-rocks-obama-rally%2F&ei=7w6YUOv4MOaPyAGuqICADQ&usg=AFQjCNHKHHlUFfANabXTgkrj4p3N15Pp3A

Anyhoo, the one thing I learned about all this?
I now know the media definition of huge. (As in huge turnout)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Wrong city! Your article sources a rally in Cincinnati. The event in question occurred in Cleveland on the campus of Cleveland State University. 34000 people were contacted via twitter and 200 showed up.. Obama was not in Cleveland..

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Obama wasn't even there, he was in Cincinnati during the Cleveland event. The pic of the two standing together used in the article is from a 2009 event. Stevie Wonder's appearance in Cleveland was not scheduled nor announced, it was a surprise appearance at the Cleveland State U's music center for a "get out the vote" rally, not, as it's being called, an 'Obama rally'. Wonder just turned it into an impromptu Obama rally.

Thank you. I knew the facts would emerge and be different then the thread title.

How many threads now - - claiming low attendance that turns out to be wrong?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well I'm 50 and wouldn't want to spend an evening listening to Stevie. To quote Austin Powers, "It's not my bag baby."

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

this is the Stevie I would pay to see...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
Is it Wednesday yet???

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I hear you!.. Oddly, my telephone has been very quiet today compared to the past month of non stop ringing... Ahhh The silence!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Love the excuses as to why only 200 people showed up....

This event was on a large inner city college Campus, the preferred venue for Obama in this race, and they could not find more than 200 people to attend on short notice.... In the age of instant messaging and Twitter.... You can get thousands to flash mob and dance in a shopping mall but can't fill a rally featuring Stevie Wonder?

I guess most of these kids don't even know who Stevie Wonder is...or.... they just don't CARE!!!! I'm going with the latter....

I know who Stevie Wonder is.

I wouldn't show up. Not a fan. imo, his music is lame. "old people music" and I am late 30s, (arguably old).

So, don't care...sure..sounds plausable.
Whats the problem? is there a requirement to lub Stevie Wonder? Must we laugh at Bill Cosby? should all the adult contemporary stars of the 80s be relevant to todays college kids?

Surprised 200 people showed up frankly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join