It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Free Concert with Stevie Wonder 200 show up.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Obama wasn't even there, he was in Cincinnati during the Cleveland event. The pic of the two standing together used in the article is from a 2009 event. Stevie Wonder's appearance in Cleveland was not scheduled nor announced, it was a surprise appearance at the Cleveland State U's music center for a "get out the vote" rally, not, as it's being called, an 'Obama rally'. Wonder just turned it into an impromptu Obama rally.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Obama slaughtetz innocents around the world via drones, and under his watch we started the double dip drone strike where we attack the first responders now which is a terrotist tactic. Get off your high horse hes just as bad as romney. Wake up instead of following the lies.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
No body on campus would go to a Stevie wonder concert, and people saying that this should be packed no it shouldn't. I know if Stevie came to my college, you would never catch me near there because quite frankly its not the type of music people listen too in college and they don't have time to see something that they don't want to see.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

You know when you put it that way 200 is a damn good number of people to show up.

BTW Not my kind of music either.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well since Romney owns the voting machines it will look as if he stole the election, but if the numbers are right who is behind the viral message that a Romney wins means civil unrest and an attempt at his assassination? Certainly not the small numbers showing up in his support.

Something is really wrong either way you look at things.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's Stevie Wonder...and it's 2012.

Not exactly how you get legions of college kids fired up.

The campaign minion who orchestrated this event should be canned.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

It's relevant because it is true. Sorry, but that is the mentality of a large portion of Obama's supporters. Don't believe me just have a look around youtube.

edit on 11/4/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This Stevie Wonder song from almost 40 years ago is what people are tired of - All People - All Colours

"Living For The City"

A boy is born in hard time Mississippi
Surrounded by four walls that ain't so pretty
His parents give him love and affection
To keep him strong moving in the right direction
Living just enough, just enough for the city...ee ha!

His father works some days for fourteen hours
And you can bet he barely makes a dollar
His mother goes to scrub the floor for many
And you'd best believe she hardly gets a penny
Living just enough, just enough for the city...yeah

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I understand what you mean, about people getting worked up for either candidate or party affiliation. I used to say the same thing.

I personally don’t get over-excited about either of them, because I think of the voting process and the candidates the same way I believe you do - I mean, I think we have 2 versions of the same product... kind of like Coca-Cola and Pepsi, sure they taste a little different, but they are both carbonated sodas and serve the same purpose.

Maybe a better example would be Budweiser and Bud Light - or Coca-Cola and Diet Coke, etc...

Anyway, I began to realize the importance of the people who still fight for the candidate they support. Whether they truly believe one candidate represents a completely different path for the future or if they believe the candidate's ideas are closely tied to each other and the paths they have planned are not so different from each other, I am very happy to know the citizens are out there fighting.

They prove the private sector citizens still closely watch the government heads and where they are taking us.

I hate to say it, but it seems that the two major political parties are in a war against the general population. It seems like they are working to destroy any hope for returning the government to a state where the average citizen's best interests are in mind when new policies are presented and new actions that are taken.

If the political parties are successful in breaking our drive to keep elected officials in check, they will have succeeded and they may be trying to do just that.

The day when citizens no longer fight for their candidate, regardless of what they believe about the government and political parties, is the day when the government has accomplished exactly what they want - the ability to install elected officials who have no concern for the best interests of the citizens… not too far from where we already are.

There will be no more concern for what the citizens have to say about the actions and choices made by government. Blatant lies and moves in financial arenas and constitutional amendments, to benefit government, corporate, and multi-millionaire individuals, will become common occurrence - more so than today….

That may be a good thing… at least we’d know about the changes, instead of the way they are hidden by lies today.

** Sorry if this post strays off-topic a little, or if it isn’t in-line with the current debate you all are having. Also, forgive me if it is a bit redundant or has a rant feel, that is not my intention.

I have a friend over right now and she has been interested in ATS for a bit, but doesn’t really know how to use a forum or the proper etiquette for ATS. This reply has mostly her opinion in it…

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I Welcome your Friend to ATS. I hope she decides to join our merry band of posters. Your post is very much on-topic.

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think Stevie Wonder could draw a bigger crowd than that all by himself when he strolls into a McDonald's.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yes, she actually already has an account I set up for her some time back, but she hasn't posted much, shy and not sure how to talk to internet strangers, lol.

Her name here is : BeanPoleKitten

Glad it didn't stray off-topic, hope people keep posting this type of information. As it is, we lack in government/campaign transparency and if the citizens lose anymore interest it will only make government/campaigns more opaque.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
LOL at everyone saying that Stevie Wonder is irrelevant these days. Maybe I just hang out in different crowds, but my friends and I would be AMPED to go to a free Stevie concert (I'm in my 20s). I just saw him a few months ago headlining a festival with a bunch of "more relevant" names on the bill as well. People of literally all ages were singing along to every song and getting down. He is a living legend and the last of a dying breed in music, ya know.

The bad turnout was more likely to do with what Blackmarketeer said-- Obama not being there and the surprise appearance that was hardly advertised.

Most of the people had learned of the event just hours before the 9:30 a.m. start time.

Hours before 9:30 am?? Yeah, I would've missed that too.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Hey Des, only 200 people huh? Geez, I wonder why? It must be due to a total lack of Obama supports out there perhaps, or could it have something to do with the very next sentence in the article which you conveniently left out of the original post?

Most of the people had learned of the event just hours before the 9:30 a.m. start time.

We're out of straws, Right, stop grasping.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
That poor turn out really supports the numbers in all those polls showing the 0ne leading in most all the swing states as of Saturday, doesn't it now?

Something is wrong with this picture. We are being lied to by someone or everyone -- sort of like we have been lied to these past 4 years. I'm sick of it!

Vote Romney/Ryan and watch heads roll! Sounds like a fun plan to me!!

By "watch heads roll", do you mean the mass layoffs over the next four years, or the $2T war against Iran?

Is that what CNN has been telling you to believe? How about you think for yourself...I know that might be hard but you can do it
edit on 4-11-2012 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I think Stevie Wonder could draw a bigger crowd than that all by himself when he strolls into a McDonald's.

He was all by himself.

This wasn't an Obama campaign event.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Don't know why everyone is hating on Stevie right now, He's accomplised more in his life then most of you ever will

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Who's Stevie Wonder? I heard of him and know he wrote some songs, but that's all, and I'm an old man.

Ok I listened to the song that someone posted on the first page, I know it and it's old, but it's hardly considered good by nowadays standards where Justin Bieber's type of music reigns supreme.

No way would this stunt entice college-age people, at 9:30 AM on Saturday, with someone they don't even recognize.

And I'm saddened by what was said earlier...about 30,000 attending a Romney rally. Just so sad. This country's populace enjoys dressing in wool. Sometimes I want to protect and guide you, despite the intentions my colleagues have for this country, but feel like it's sprinkling water into an inferno of ignorance.

Returning to troll mode.
edit on 4-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
Don't know why everyone is hating on Stevie right now, He's accomplised more in his life then most of you ever will

It's one thing to use your celebrity/role model status to encourage people to take part in a democratic process, it's a whole other thing to pimp yourself out for a specific candidate. Not that I hold any of these people in very high regard to begin with, but they (celebrities) really should be ashamed of themselves for being used as tools in such blatant partisanship, especially now when it seems more than ever people are so impressionable and easily manipulated into doing or buying whatever they're told to by them. Planned or not, these free concerts are shamelessly similar to bribery in my mind. Back in 2008, I'll bet Stevie didn't have a single substantial issue for backing Obama and I'll bet he doesn't have one now, which would be fine for him if he weren't going out of his way to get everyone else to vote for him as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The headline of the story you wrote is:

Few knew about Stevie Wonder appearance for President Barack Obama at Cleveland State University on Saturday

and a sentence near the top of the story is:

Most of the people had learned of the event just hours before the 9:30 a.m. start time. Some just happened to be in the area and followed the live music.

Yet you didn't bother to include this in your post. I would agree that it sounds like this was a very poorly organized/publicized event, but it would seem you want to give the impression that this event's attendance is an indication of Obama support in Cleveland, OH., which I doubt sincerely.

Keep straw clutching, right-wingers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join