It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Free Concert with Stevie Wonder 200 show up.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The only 2012 presidential candidate that can bring the house down on any and all college campuses is Ron Paul, so I laugh when I see not only can't Obama bring the house down, but even with help from Stevie Wonder Obama still can't bring the house down

Yet I'm to believe the American public doesn't want Ron Paul... well I guess the old folks don't like him while the youngsters do?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Yesterday there were 30,000 at the Romney rally in Ohio. This photo of the rally was taken with a 360 degree camera. Hold cursor on picture and navigate through the crowds.
www.dermandar.com...

Yesterday Obama was only able to draw 2,800 in Ohio.

Too bad.

That makes me sad

I'd feel much better knowing both Obama and Romney are drawing little crowds

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Big hugs for Obama..............

And a positive message, even if his fans dont care about him, no more............

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Are you all ignorant to the real world? Very few young people care about Stevie Wonder. A university was probably the worst place to even throw something of this nature. If you want votes at schools such as this one you need to get somebody people actually care about.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh hell! As a conservative, I'd have shown up just to listen to Stevie.

Beez, that is exactly what I was thinking! This must have been a poorly run event, because a free Stevie Wonder concert should have drawn thousands whether it was political or not.

Bill Clinton was here Friday Night, and even as a Conservative, I would have LOVED to go get my picture with Slick Willy, but his last appearance was at 8 p.m., and I didn't hear about it until 6:30. Piss-poor planning for the appearance. He was here all day Friday at several different venues, and there was just a smattering of people each time, because nobody knew about the events.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Oh hell! As a conservative, I'd have shown up just to listen to Stevie.

Me, too. Even if I had to listen to crap from Obama........Stevie would have been worth it!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Uh oh, starting to see the cracks in the foundation from here. Could this be the tell tale sign that the big O's campaign is getting ready to crumble? Not a good sign when you throw a FREE concert with that Obama money and nobody seems to care. Maybe he should have given out free t-shirts and gas cards or something to entice his core supporters to come out and attend the rally?

how is that relevant at all, it's more like you are trying to psyche yourself up to be inevitably let down. have you seen the polls? and not the republican paid ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Yesterday there were 30,000 at the Romney rally in Ohio.....

Yesterday Obama was only able to draw 2,800 in Ohio.

Too bad.

Yeah, too bad for the idiots trapped in their ignorance that still believe in either of these two puppets...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Perhaps because very few people knew about it? Even the title of the article: "Few knew about Stevie Wonder appearance for President Barack Obama at Cleveland State University on Saturday"

Is this some attempt to claim that the president doesn't have supporters?

reply to post by beezzer

"It would be disingenuous to say I am here because of Obama," he said. "How do you pass up a chance to see Stevie Wonder?"

edit on 3-11-2012 by links234 because: For beez.

A lot of comments here about "even with Obama's money" and painting this as something official and a huge flop is kind of ignoring that this sounds like an impromptu event from people who just "support" Obama. The only insight here is that NOT ADVERTISING means you don't attract people. And how big was the venue? Could it hold more people?

Don't answer, I don't care. If the election is close, Romney will win it because the electronic voting machines are all owned by major supporters of the Republican party. Then about 200 white tea baggers will get on a corner somewhere and jump up and down about how their moral majority just one something HUGE - and it will be recorded by 400 reporters and cameras, as a "spontaneous event."

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It was a concert at 9:30am on a Saturday, what college student is up at 9:30am on a Saturday?

Also, the organizers (not Obama's campaign by the way), made their first tweet about it, and this being their first "advertisement" for it, at 10am that Saturday morning.

Obama wasn't at this event, it was only Stevie Wonder...not exactly a draw for college kids.

If you want to see a turnout, look for the Obama, Jay Z, Springstein event happening tomorrow in Ohio.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

If you want to see a turnout, look for the Obama, Jay Z, Springstein event happening tomorrow in Ohio.

Is that real? I've got to google it now. I would never have pegged "The Boss" for an Obama supporter, but then again, I can't see him as a Romney supporter either.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by Taiyed

Is that real? I've got to google it now. I would never have pegged "The Boss" for an Obama supporter, but then again, I can't see him as a Romney supporter either.

Springsteen is a HUGE Obama supporter, has been all election and in 2008.

You can go right to his official website to see the events he is appearing with Obama at.

brucespringsteen.net...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hell i'm voting Romney and I still would have went to that concert if it were on my campus haha.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
That poor turn out really supports the numbers in all those polls showing the 0ne leading in most all the swing states as of Saturday, doesn't it now?

Something is wrong with this picture. We are being lied to by someone or everyone -- sort of like we have been lied to these past 4 years. I'm sick of it!

Vote Romney/Ryan and watch heads roll! Sounds like a fun plan to me!!

By "watch heads roll", do you mean the mass layoffs over the next four years, or the $2T war against Iran?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Seems a lot of you folk are "Superstitious"

LOL, I hope he did this one at the concert.

Should he mean 4 years of bad luck?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

I cant believe it either
shows how people are still clueless, But Under GW Bush the economy was just fine before Obama came into office.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
The Obama, *get out the vote* people threw a free concert with Stevie Wonder...only 200 showed up, and none got on the buses to go vote....plus, it was at Cleveland State university...

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Legendary performer Stevie Wonder this morning expressed his love for Cleveland during a get-out-the-vote rally at Cleveland State University.

His love went largely unrequited.

Fewer than 200 people showed up to watch Wonder perform a handful of his hits at the early voting event in support of President Barack Obama.

www.cleveland.com...

Des

Funny thing is I would be willing to bet that 50% of college age students, potentially much more than that, could care less about who Stevie Wonder is. If they brought someone a little more current with college age students, I bet it would have attracted a crowd.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH

Originally posted by Destinyone
The Obama, *get out the vote* people threw a free concert with Stevie Wonder...only 200 showed up, and none got on the buses to go vote....plus, it was at Cleveland State university...

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Legendary performer Stevie Wonder this morning expressed his love for Cleveland during a get-out-the-vote rally at Cleveland State University.

His love went largely unrequited.

Fewer than 200 people showed up to watch Wonder perform a handful of his hits at the early voting event in support of President Barack Obama.

www.cleveland.com...

Des

Funny thing is I would be willing to bet that 50% of college age students, potentially much more than that, could care less about who Stevie Wonder is. If they brought someone a little more current with college age students, I bet it would have attracted a crowd.

Like I said earlier in this thread...there have been 100s of flash mobs that drew bigger crowds than this effort.

Hell, they even had buses to take people to vote early, and bring them back for more free concert. One would think, just the offer of a free ride and concert would have sparked Obama supporters to at least tweet to their buddies to come and get it.....Not one single person, of the under 200 who attended, even got on a bus....

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join