It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney, Business Allies Finish With Strong Argument: Vote With Us, Or You're Fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Romney himself urged conservative business leaders this June to "make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections."

Before the Supreme Court's 5-4 Citizens United decision, it would have been illegal for a boss to tell an employee that "their job and their future" was on the ballot on Election Day. But the court now considers such electoral pressure an expression of free speech.

"Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I think that will figure into their election decision, their voting decision," Romney told the business owners associated with the National Federation of Independent Business, a political organization closely aligned to the Republican Party.

link

Freedom of speech is the freedom to intimidate? Why do people continue to blindly support the republican party?

I do not stand for corporate intimidation, and I will be exercising a few of my rights in relation to anything Mitt Romney has a hand in. He will never see another dime from me.
edit on 3-11-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
Why do people continue to blindly support the republican party? Is it the flouride?
Probably the same reason they still vote for democrats. The fluoride and the education system likely both share parts of the blame. Apathy also contributes significantly.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Freedom of speech is the freedom to intimidate? Why do people continue to blindly support the republican party?

For the same reasons people continue to blindly support the democratic party.

Under Obama people dont have a job they can get fired from.

If the Republicans are intimidating workers the the Democrats are intimidating businesses.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't agree with telling people how to vote but i do understand the philosophy of what these business people are saying.

They are saying as an employer why would your employees want to vote for someone that is going to raise taxes on their employer and their company? What if the extra tax money the employer pays has to come out of the employees salary. It is plain common sense. Why would anyone want to raise taxes on anyone else? It is immoral and will have Karmic consequences for those who do. What ever happened to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"???
edit on 3-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
now that the business community has destroyed unions we see their true colors coming out ......

Unions protected the working man but today many unions have become .... well, "adopted the corporate business model" which destroys the union/people bond and makes it a business for gain .....

something we see time and time again as business money corrupts those who oppose it.....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

If the Republicans are intimidating workers the the Democrats are intimidating businesses.

Yet after 70 years of the same trotting around the truth neither understands both are just corrupt power brokering parties with an agenda .... and guess what your role in their plan is the fodder ......

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I have seen quite a few stories where employers are doing just what you are talking about one story recently that has people taking anti Obama economic courses in their free time and if they don’t the implications are they will not do well with the company.

The whole system has gone to hell as far as I am concerned. Employers can now send you out to campaign for their candidate (knock on doors or what not) even if you don’t support them. In a way I think it would be kind of fun I would give people a bad impression on purpose if it were me but it still defies what I had considered a personal issue

What is next I wonder will people be sent out to protest issues? Oh wait I forgot they can be forced to do that now. So yeah it’s all gone to hell.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Sorry it doesn't look like businesses are intimidated:

U.S. companies are the most profitable in more than 40 years, and some of the best-known stock pickers are divided over how long that will last.
Bob Doll, chief equity strategist at BlackRock Inc. (BLK), said low labor costs and cost-saving technology will allow companies to keep up their profitability. Jeremy Grantham, chief investment strategist of Boston-based Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co., said margins will send stock markets tumbling when they eventually revert to their mean.

www.bloomberg.com...

So while corporations are crying that the Healthcare bill will force them to hire part time or lay off workers keep in mind that:

The measure of employee output per hour climbed at a 1.9 percent annual rate, the same as in the prior three months, a Labor Department report showed today in Washington. The median forecast in a Bloomberg survey of 60 economists called for a 1.8 percent rise. Costs per worker unexpectedly dropped at a 0.1 percent rate.

www.businessweek.com...

American workers work more and are paid less while corporations rake in big profits. In light of this can we just say the workers are intimidated?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Show Romney the finger and vote for Obama !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Vote With Us, Or You're Fired

How will they know how an employee voted in order to fire them. Just say what they expect to hear.

Otherwise, idle threats or a situation that the employee has no control over anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I know this. I was let go from a job not long after Obama took office by an angry republican that blamed democrats for his own financial shortcomings.

He had trouble believing that I'm a democrat because I have a strong work ethic. Not long after I convinced him that I was a democrat, he let me go and suggested I find a job at a democrat run company.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
nothing really surprises me anymore !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Grimpachi

I know this. I was let go from a job not long after Obama took office by an angry republican that blamed democrats for his own financial shortcomings.

He had trouble believing that I'm a democrat because I have a strong work ethic. Not long after I convinced him that I was a democrat, he let me go and suggested I find a job at a democrat run company.

And I hope you introduced him to your lawyer immediately following this.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Unions have become power mad in recent years. They started out as a wonderful thing, and I used to think that they were a really good thing. Now, not so much. A good example is what happened with an Alabama utility crew that rode out Sandy to be in a position to help afterwards. They were told that they had to have an agreement signed that they would abide by union rules and agree to union affiliation to work in the area. They got held until the paperwork was done by their company, who ultimately recalled them because they wouldn't abide by the union rules.

I'm sorry, but in a situation like this, screw the union rules. Get the power restored whatever it takes, whether they agree to affiliate with the union or not. There are many other examples of out of control unions, but this is the most recent and visible one (thanks to the lies from Fox News).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

For the same reason everyone continues to think you can only vote for democrats or republicans. You are all brainwashed to think that those are your only choices.

continue to be ignorant.

top topics

join