It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if God and Satan were interchangeable in the Bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Satan has a purpose,

The adversary plays a role in the current physical universe and world we inhabit in this life,

God uses it as a tool to test who is worthy of His love, and who is not.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

. . . a tool to test who is worthy . . .
You are just projecting a personal philosophy and not the teaching of the Bible. Now you may be thinking of the book of Job, but that is not a theological treatise of how God operates, it is rather a sort of parable to describe what a good man is, someone who does not blame God for bad things that happen.
Life is not a test.
Life is something that has obstacles built into the world we live in but not because God put them there.
If you think the creation of the universe was done poorly, then feel free to make a better one, and good luck with that, let us know how you make out.

edit on 19-11-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So you believe things exist without the Sovereign and Omnipresent God creating them?

Everything is God,

without God is nothing,

Darkness and evil are just aspects of the physical realm,

"tools", so to speak, in the Hands of the Almighty.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Everything is God
God is a person, not a universe.
The universe is a physical thing, God is spirit.
Are you now proclaiming Pantheism as the truth?
Why did Jacob have a dream about a ladder with angels gong up and down between Heaven and Earth?
Apparently the concept is that God knows things because the angels tell Him, and His sovereignty goes out everywhere by way of his angelic representatives.

Darkness and evil are just aspects of the physical realm,

"tools", so to speak, in the Hands of the Almighty.
That makes God evil, if your theory is correct.
I don't think it is, and is a holdover from the ignorance of the Dark Ages.

edit on 19-11-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Immanent,

Yet Transcendent,

at the same time Omnipresent

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

God is everywhere,

Yet He is nowhere,

God is everything,

Yet He is nothing,

God is visible,

Yet He is invisible,

God permeates all creatures and all things,

Yet He transcends all creatures and all things,

With Him is all,

Without Him is nothing,

God bless

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Immanent,

What! . . no Bible verses?
well . . la de dah!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Minnie1985
Hey Minnie - This has been revealed to me as well. There is more than one Lord. The Lord of Hosts is not Jesus or our Lord and God. He is also not a good guy. You can see this quite readily in Isaiah 51. Read the whole chapter for context, but the main part is vs 15. Many have been misled by the wording "Lord" and the version of the bible you read is important. See vs.15 - "But I am the LORD your God, Who divided the sea whose waves roared - The Lord of Hosts is His name. And God is pretty annoyed with us that we aren't getting this. Our God is a loving God. The Lord of hosts is a warring Lord. This is in large part why we need Jesus. Once one understands that, I am not sure how important it is to go through the Old Testament and figure out where God verses the Lord of Hosts is speaking. It would be illuminating though so I am still thinking about doing it. But, I really don't want to let it detract again from the importance of spending most of my time in the New Testament as well as the parts of the old testament that are referenced in the New Testament e.g., Noah, David, Psalms, Isaiah..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join