It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'electrocuted' in Tunbridge Wells M&S store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Man 'electrocuted' in Tunbridge Wells M&S store

www.bbc.co.uk

Police are treating the death of a man who is believed to have been electrocuted at a Marks and Spencer store in Kent as suspicious.

Kent Police and an air ambulance were called just after 15:30 GMT but the man, who has not yet been named, was pronounced dead at the scene.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The reason I'm posting this is a simple one, anybody have any ideas what went down here?

The weird bits for me are:

"The spokeswoman said his cause of death had yet to be established and it could not be confirmed that the man died as a result of an electric shock."

And, more curiously:

"Police have not disclosed the man's age but they said he was not a member of the public. His next of kin have not yet been informed, they said."

If it's suspicious, then how do you create a electricity weapon to do this? And if he wasn't a member of the public then who was this guy? Haven't read a report like this one for a while, lot of questions and very bizarre.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It sounds like an employee may have been using something that was unsafe (health and safety executive) and got frazzled.

If we want to turn it into a conspiracy I know theres a lot of activists in that area, used to see their slogans painted about the place when I used to deliver in that area.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
The reason I'm posting this is a simple one, anybody have any ideas what went down here?

The weird bits for me are:

"The spokeswoman said his cause of death had yet to be established and it could not be confirmed that the man died as a result of an electric shock."

maybe he was found near high voltage equipment?

And, more curiously:

"Police have not disclosed the man's age but they said he was not a member of the public. His next of kin have not yet been informed, they said."

see above, maybe he was wearing a utility uniform. In which case he was not a member of the public as in a "shopper" but a "worker". If he was young then there is no reason to suppose natural causes.

If it's suspicious, then how do you create a electricity weapon to do this? And if he wasn't a member of the public then who was this guy? Haven't read a report like this one for a while, lot of questions and very bizarre.

Accident to secret weapon is a bit of leap considering it seems like nothing more than an as yet undetermined accident involving someone at work.

I suspect you are trying to create a conspiracy where there is none

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

No conspiracy, I just don't often see "not a member of the public" in a report and it's slightly weird how it might be electrocution and that it's "suspicious", to me anyway

Maybe I should've said that a guy was zapped by an alien, may have got more attention

edit on 3-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Always take a beeb report with a large grain of salt. They have worded it strangely, and if theres nothing amiss they could have included a bit more detail.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It seems the guy was a contractor,so he probably got into some wires .

www.itv.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Seems to be a just a run of the mill workplace accident.

The Police have said they are not looking for anyone else and it is only being treated as suspicious until they have established the full facts, as in every other sudden death. Once a post-mortem has been carried out and verified the cause of death, they can then take the appropriate course of action. The H&S executive will have been informed and will carry out an investigation as well, as in every other workplace accident.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just to add my input I work in a large tesco store. For people who don't know tesco it's a large British retailer almost like Walmart. In our warehouse areas we have large service elevators for stock etc. there are large electric shock warnings signs on the walls around the maintenance and working parts of the elevator. Also we have large power plant areas which have alot of electrics.

My guess is maybe it was a maintenance worker or maybe some faulty equipment

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I know it would please some people if Tunbridge Wells was the centre of the Illuminati's all powerful kingdom and this was a ritualistic slaying by the Freemasons using some sort of science fiction energy weapon on it's highest setting,but sometimes a tragic accident is just a tragic accident and nothing more.
I was once working up a metal step ladder using a mains drill that had part of the insulation on the mains cable burnt away by a soldering iron leaving the live cable (240 volts over here!) exposed.This touched against the metal of the ladder I was holding onto and I became the ground path for 240 volts.I couldn't let go of the ladder as I stood there convulsing merrily away for what seemed like minutes but was in reality was probably only a couple of seconds before I managed to drop the drill on the ground and climb off the ladder.All this because I didn't observe health and safety procedures and used a power tool with a damaged mains cable.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Are you guys kidding? A "science fiction energy weapon"? Have none of you ever studied electricity?

All it takes is 1 amp of electricity to stop a human heart. Actually, 65 mA (or 0.065 Amps) at 30 volts is enough to stop an average heart in the right circumstances. Especially if it is applied directly into your blood stream.

All you would need is a battery, some capacitors, wire, and two nails. Capacitors optional if you have the right battery.
edit on 4-11-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
people get electricuted and die all the time, probably several per day, what's the big deal?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The man was a contractor and apparently brought in to work in the shop. No conspiracy there. It was a sad accident.

However, what isn't an accident and is a conspiracy/by design, is that the Coalition government have cut work-related injury payments and are planning to massively cut back on health and safety, making employers and places of work less responsible for the safety of their employees.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Yes it says the person was a contractor. I expect the next of kin have not yet been informed as he may have been a foreign worker.

Cant say for sure but I am wondering if M&S or the agency cut some red tape to bring in an unqualified or inexperienced cheap worker.

Now if the tories get their way and get a last minute amendment to a bill they are forcing through parliament removing the safety responsibility from the employer, on the statute books since 1898 this persons family will have to prove M&S negligent

So keep swallowing the tory lies about ‘health and safety gone mad’ and no, any death at work is not just a common place event. BUT IT WILL BE.

Edit not aimed at you merriman as I agree with what you posted

edit on 4-11-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Yes it says the person was a contractor. I expect the next of kin have not yet been informed as he may have been a foreign worker.

Cant say for sure but I am wondering if M&S or the agency cut some red tape to bring in an unqualified or inexperienced cheap worker.

Now if the tories get their way and get a last minute amendment to a bill they are forcing through parliament removing the safety responsibility from the employer, on the statute books since 1898 this persons family will have to prove M&S negligent

So keep swallowing the tory lies about ‘health and safety gone mad’ and no, any death at work is not just a common place event. BUT IT WILL BE.

Edit not aimed at you merriman as I agree with what you posted

edit on 4-11-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

No, I didn't think it was. The problem with a lot of conspiracy theorists (generally) is that all too often people can't see the wood for the trees. They're looking for 'unified conspiracy theories of everything', which join up all the dots available. Sometimes the real stuff is in plain sight. Capitalism as we have it conspires against the 'little people'. Corporations (and political bedfellows) want to pay us as little as possible whilst demanding more in return. The taxpayer subsidises large firms like this with working tax credits &c.: this is the real benefit crisis and these are the real benefit scroungers. All the bollocks about red tape is just that: bollocks. Benchmark European success stories like Germany have more 'red tape' and employment rights than we do and the Tories spin the line that we need even less to be 'successful'. As for health and safety, despite the occasional story about BBC workers not being stand on chairs to reach shelves or whatever, health and safety regulations basically stop working in Victorian-era conditions.

Absolute scum.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Yep. They first convince us that what they intend to cut is good for us like giving up your rights to pensions and redundancy to allow you to buy shares in your company.

So if your company fails you not only walk away with nothing you loose all your saving as well or the rule saying kids must wear protective gloves and goggles when playing conkers still repeated as fact when it is not.

The real conspiracy is how they get what look like sensible people to agree and in fact fight to have their rights removed.

The tories attack the EU human rights not because it is wrong in a few cases but because it gives us, the ordinary people rights the tories want to deny us. Yet we see a clamour of the very people it protects despising the rights the EU give them.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Yep. They first convince us that what they intend to cut is good for us like giving up your rights to pensions and redundancy to allow you to buy shares in your company.

So if your company fails you not only walk away with nothing you loose all your saving as well or the rule saying kids must wear protective gloves and goggles when playing conkers still repeated as fact when it is not.

This is similar to the bollocks about benefit traps. Remove benefits and people will, somehow, be made free to become productive, worthwhile members of British society. What traps people on benefits is an uncontrolled housing market (with extortionate rents) and a job market that's skewed by immigration, merry-go-round educational policies that don't reflect much-needed skills, and a minimum wage that doesn't match living costs and therefore creates a situation where people in full time work need top-up benefits.

The real conspiracy is how they get what look like sensible people to agree and in fact fight to have their rights removed.

That part is relatively easy when the media in the UK is ostensibly controlled by right wing idealogues. There's very little (national) left wing media outlets. The Guardian have been apologists for the LibDems for the last few years (and as the party is steered by Orange Bookers, it's basically a Tory-lite party now) and the Independent went on record a few years ago and said if their editorials followed any kind of policies they were Green (as in the whole Green party platform, rather than green environmental issues). The Mirror supports (New) Labour and that's about it.

We here a lot about the left wing bias about the BBC but that's laughable whinging from Tories that want all national institutions destroyed and replaced by the voice of the free markets. BBC is perhaps left wing in a woolly sense (gay rights, civil liberties) but it's all very middle-class looking down on the proles. From an economic perspective, it's fairly right wing: the political and economic editors tend to be very pro-Tory even under Labour governments, which probably undermines the idea of the BBC reflecting current governments.

Control the news flow and any kind of media narrative and you can tell as many lies as you like and the Coalition is telling some whoppers.

The tories attack the EU human rights not because it is wrong in a few cases but because it gives us, the ordinary people rights the tories want to deny us. Yet we see a clamour of the very people it protects despising the rights the EU give them.

It's interesting that the Tories are always very, very clear about what's wrong with the EU and can point out spurious examples but are equally very, very ambiguous as to what they'd replace it with, if anything. Talk about British charters and British constitutions tend to be very thin.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

He is thought to be a contractor called in to repair electrical equipment.

Police said the death was no longer being treated as suspicious and stressed that the cause of death had not yet been confirmed.

nothing suspicious here

carry on

Wee Mad Mental

top topics

join