It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge for the Mason haters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Any bad press or animosity toward Mason's is the direct result of weird and secret ceremonies carried out in rooms without windows. When secret handshakes and oaths taken under the threat of bodily harm are a requirement for membership in an organization it reeks of sinister intentions.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Any bad press or animosity toward Mason's is the direct result of weird and secret ceremonies carried out in rooms without windows. When secret handshakes and oaths taken under the threat of bodily harm are a requirement for membership in an organization it reeks of sinister intentions.

And you know this to be true because....?

Just asking.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Even if there was an underlying secret evil in Freemasonry, there would be two types of Freemasons participating the organization -- those who know absolutely nothing about it, apart from a few whispers of conspiracy; and those who know everything, then knowingly dissipate the focus of suspicion by posting something like you just have.

My point is, your post neither proves nor disproves anything. Although I do think that there are a lot of haters who vilify your fraternity simply because it exist. I personally don't know nearly enough about Freemasonry to pass any judgements; and I think unless sufficient evidence is provided to these expose possible 'evils', people shouldn't be so quick to cast aspersions.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
A few bad apples will give any organization a bad name or reputation. If you introduce yourself to someone and say that you're a scout leader, most will instantly assume that you are a peadophile. Introduce yourself to someone and tell them you like playing World of Warcraft, most will instantly assume that you live in your mother's basement and still haven't had sex. Introduce yourself as a Postal worker, and most will assume that you are a serial killer.

But the thing with any group, society or organization is, there will ALWAYS be smaller break off groups, societies or organizations forming and having their own agenda. Therefore no one, not even a Mason, can speak on behalf of an entire group, society, or organization and claim its guilt or innocence.

From a personal point of view, i have a hard time believing the word of anyone that feels the need to have secrets. And those that keep secrets usually have something to hide, and those with something to hide have an agenda..................usually !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

BEWARE of the MASONIC ORDER and the SHRINERS

The Masonic Lodge is a Satanic Cult! If you are a Mason or Shriner, you must repent and get out!

I have to ask, are you religious yourself? Christians in particular have an affinity for calling any other cult 'inspired by Satan', Satanic, etc. Even though Christianity is directly tied to some of the most evil & heinous atrocities ever committed.

Your post does contain some interesting information though.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I have absolutely no clue about what a Mason is or does. If asked, I'd say that they were a fraternal organisation that is charitable.

*Internet pause*

Though, after a little search, I found out that my favorite charity was founded by the masons. (The one I tithe to)

St. Judes Children's Hospital.

Wow.

Go figure.

YAY Masons!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I have absolutely no clue about what a Mason is or does. If asked, I'd say that they were a fraternal organisation that is charitable.

*Internet pause*

Though, after a little search, I found out that my favorite charity was founded by the masons. (The one I tithe to)

Wow.

Go figure.

YAY Masons!

NO! Children's Hospitals are proof of evil! So are circuses! And Burn Units! And pancake breakfasts!!!

EVIL I SAY!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Originally posted by beezzer

*Internet pause*

Wow.

Go figure.

YAY Masons!

NO! Children's Hospitals are proof of evil! So are circuses! And Burn Units! And pancake breakfasts!!!

EVIL I SAY!!!

I knew it!

It was either St. Judes or "The Evil Order of Stab-Blood-Kill-Death" to tithe to.

Dammit! I chose wrong!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueNose

Boncho, comparing masons as an organisation to the fire brigade is ridiculous and im sure you know it. lets say a firefighter finds himself in trouble with the law, what are the odds the judge is gonna be another fire fighter?

Apparently comparing Masons to child murderers because of a story heard, somewhere, by some guy, (which may or may not be true) ...is just fine though right?

By the way, some firefighters are masons. The point I was trying to make is that you cannot label an entire group because of the action of one, unless it fits in with their doctrine. And it's already been showed that the mason doctrine is to not allow (in most cases) anyone with a criminal record into their organization, and kick them out if it happens while they are in.

The premise was absurd.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
On a basic level they are a reasonably good organization. They do a lot of good. The challenge that comes about is at the very top of the organization. It's been heavily rumorred that they are a satanic cult? That at the 33rd degree its' revealed to the members that they infact worship satan. So this idea of getting to the root of the matter by wearing a t shirt around and showing it off to people that are pretty much zombified is ridiculous.

6:25

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Hi there,

please do ask him if he is a Mason. If he confirms that he is, please do me a favour and tell him, that his being a lair, cheat, underhand and all the other negative traits you mention, that he is a discrace to the Craft and does not deserve to be a Mason.

I am a Mason and proud of it. I am law abiding, I help those less fortunate than me, I honour God, though I am neither Christian, Muslim, Jew or any other organised religion. I do not worship Satan, as I believe that Satan (or evil) exists in the hearts of man and is personified by our own wrong doings.

Please, please, do not judge the majority of us by the actions of a few bad apples. There are good and bad in us all and are screening methods are not totally foolproof. If you want to know about us, just ask. If you want to know more, go to your nearest Lodge, they won't draw you in and brainwash you, but you may come out with a better understanding.

Kindest Regards

The Lone Archer

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

There are plenty of horrible things associated with the Masons and their fellow orginisations also. You might consider that when an insidious orginisation wants to exist and practice their covert belief systems they must have some PR machine that endeavours to keep the public tolerant of deliberate exclusion. Of course there are many who think that the masons and the like are wonderful because of the good they seem to do publicly....that is the point. When I lived in Scotland years ago there were often masonic hangings under bridges. There was litte said about it on the news, I never saw it in the paper but it happened. The PR machine also does damage controll so that fellow masons get the warning and we the public still think they are wonderful.
In Northern Ireland where I am now the Orange order, supposedly seperate from the masons but practicing the same thing....they have strategicly placed a church over every primary school and an Orange hall (think mason hall) adjacent to every one of them. School holds their functions in the hall where they get invited to participate in BB or GB after hours. Then the willing rectuits are all in place to become the next peons on call once their loyalty to the order to the order is so deeply engrained as to be considered fanatical.
As this has been going on a long time it stands to reason that every person of influence is most likely a part of the masons and will endeavor to carry out the objectives of the order....as we are not privy to those objectives then we should be very concerned as to what they are really up to. The lower level 'brothers' aren't allowed to know what the upper levels are doing either which is why there is a system of heirarchy in place granting knowledge as you ascend the levels. I know this will ruffle some feathers but it must be said.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

How could anyone go through that and keep a straight face. I would be giggling like a school girl. especially if I was with a mate, i would try and hold it in but boogers would fly lol

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

You say you honor god but you are not a christian etc... So what god do you honor? just wondering. I read masons say that kind of thing all the time. "I believe in god but i am not a christian, Muslim etc..."
You believe man is inherently evil? that is interesting
edit on 4-11-2012 by Uberdavo because: bah

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NadimahElizabeth

I promise you one thing. If I ever find out that the beliefs I hold regarding Masonry are any other than those that caused me to join, I will be out in a heartbeat.
edit on 4/11/2012 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Uberdavo

I believe the God is nature itself; The defining force that caused all to exist. I believe that the only force that will judge us at the end of days is our own souls. We are what we do and think. We can lie to others but never to ourselves, deep down inside we know what we are. We our our own judge, jury and execusioner.

Only you can choose the path of right or wrong.

Thank you for your question. I only hope that my answer was worthy.

Kindest Regards

The Lone Archer

edit on 4/11/2012 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Uberdavo

ya well obviously you don't know satan. That's a good thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

At no point did i say masons were child murderers, i did say that despite the denials of masons, they will use the power they have in society for the benefit of their organization. I dont feel the need to go into detail to convince someone on a forum. And if i did, how many news sources do you think will say 'the judge let him off cos he was a mason'?

Theres plenty anecdotal evidence out there to support these claims both online and in the real world, look no further than minnie1985s reply to my previous post. Again, im not claiming all masons are evil but i'll ask again, if they're simply a charitable organisation, why the need for the secrecy? Something about the organisation is not quite on the level. And thats before you even look into the literature, some of which written by masons, which paints them im a pretty bad light.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Exactly, if you're gonna do this kind of thing don't be surprised when you're thought to be a little bit suspicious

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

From what I have learned on this site, Pike was under the mistaken impression that Masonry had a direct relationship with the Knights Templar. Since the blue lodge does not teach anything about the templars, he was under the impression that the Scottish Rite held the secrets of our craft. He later found out that he was mistaken and recanted the statement you quoted. I have no proof of that other than hearsay from this site. But being that I am a member of the Scottish Rite as well, I can say at least that the degrees that deal with the Templars teach lessons just like the degrees of the Blue lodge. Although they are much more elaborate.

Once you spend enough time around the upper tier (33rds), you realize they don't have a secret side hiding from you, just a cool white hat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join