It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge for the Mason haters

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
why do u think theres a church if satan... -_-?? and a necronomicon?? and all of other stuff

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

Because Anton Lavey is completely irrelevant to Freemasonry or Rosicrucianism? What you label your god is none of my business, nor is it others. Some people also don't realize that the uses of Satan in texts are often unrelated to their common conception.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Satan can be defined as

The Adversary
The Evil One
The father of all lies
The prince of this world
The deceiver

There are people who want to make people believe Satan is just a symbol, an idea, and not real. IDK why they are pushing this agenda so hard, but they are sadly mistaken...

That carny looking guy you refer to does not worship Satan but worships himself and teaches other to worship themselves. This is not only hilariously stupid, but extremely dangerous to souls.

many self proclaimed satanists in this fraudulent "church of satan" do not even believe satan is real. They also believe strongly in personal responsibility and accountability, and are purely results driven.

Reminds me of some people in the thread actually.
edit on 10-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Satan is not and never was a real person. If you subscribe to certain theories, Enlil would be about the closest thing to a candidate. You might find it interesting that the language of Sanskrit has existed longer than Hebrew, translates Satan, to the root Sat(ya). Wanna know what Sat(ya) means? Truth. Pretty interesting in my opinion when you examine the latin equivalent of Lucifer, is light-bearer.

en.wikipedia.org...

I stand by my long saying that the God of control is the true proponent of any conception you may hold for Satan.

They also believe strongly in personal responsibility and accountability,

Why should you not be responsible for your actions? Common-law played a major factor in the judicial system of early America. Law of cause and effect. You are a cause that through free will can create effects. It is not Jesus job to take away your Karma, but your own. If you can not see that, you will forever return here until you can. You must take personal responsibility for your own effects, be they negative or positive, and take them for that, a learning experience either way.
edit on 10-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
BTW I made it obvious it was half way a joke.

I fail to see the humor in deceptive thread titles.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

They also believe strongly in personal responsibility and accountability...

You make that sound like it is not a good thing. Maybe we can all be like you and blame our sociopathic behavior on demons and the Devil.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I get the feeling you fail to see the humor in anything. And it wasn't deceptive, after talking to you and your friend who studies esoteric knowledge and thinks Moloch is a god of wisdom, I actually started to consider it for a second. I realized that you are probably the exception to the rule right after that, but I DO NOT KNOW. Therefore, the thread's title is not invalid or deceptive. You just don't like me calling you out.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

And it wasn't deceptive, after talking to you and your friend who studies esoteric knowledge and thinks Moloch is a god of wisdom, I actually started to consider it for a second. I realized that you are probably the exception to the rule right after that, but I DO NOT KNOW. Therefore, the thread's title is not invalid or deceptive. You just don't like me calling you out.

How does my non-belief in Satan somehow validate your erroneous thread title? How can something that I do not believe in (but you do) be used to support demon worship?

I am still waiting on an answer.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Did you miss where I said Moloch was a god of wisdom, not MY god of wisdom?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

And it wasn't deceptive, after talking to you and your friend who studies esoteric knowledge and thinks Moloch is a god of wisdom, I actually started to consider it for a second. I realized that you are probably the exception to the rule right after that, but I DO NOT KNOW. Therefore, the thread's title is not invalid or deceptive. You just don't like me calling you out.

How does my non-belief in Satan somehow validate your erroneous thread title? How can something that I do not believe in (but you do) be used to support demon worship?

I am still waiting on an answer.

I already provided you with the answer twice. You do this a lot, are you forgetful or malicious? If you want to know the answer go read what I already told you out of good will. I already told you at least twice, but I am pretty sure more than that actually.

The thread title is not erroneous for reasons already stated. After talking to you and your friend who thinks Moloch is a "god" and makes futile attempts to hide his beliefs, I actually started to consider the idea as I was typing the thread title. That is genuine.

In fact, there seems to be quite a few members of this board who can see that logic. IDK why you can't either you are not trying or you do and just ignore it because it does not suit your agenda. Judging by our conversations, it is likely the latter.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Did you miss where I said Moloch was a god of wisdom, not MY god of wisdom?

State your beliefs or stop playing games with words.

wait wait don't let me guess - you study the occult (otherwise known as esoteric knowledge).

Next you will say "that is none of your business". The Truth does not hide, it comes to the light. You do not believe in the Truth, and you know that yourself that is obvious.
edit on 10-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Every culture had its god for respective fields; medicine, music, fertility, wisdom, sun, etc. Moloch was a god of wisdom to the Ammonites/Canaanites. I do not acknowledge him as MY god of wisdom, capice? Besides, my beliefs and who I may acknowledge are absolutely none of your concern. My beliefs do not require your validation, thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Lol, that's right, I mean with a name like Veritas and a love for Theosophy, I couldn't possibly know a thing or two about truth could I?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

There is nothing bad about the occult. It literally means "hidden" that's it. Occult science is the study of the above invisible macrocosmic forces which effect the below microcosmic forces. That is all! Anything you learn in the occult study is neither inherently good nor bad, it's all about what you do with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I already provided you with the answer twice.

No, all you did was repeat that non-belief in Satan somehow helps Satan. You have yet to provide a cogent explanation of how.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

that's it. I CALL HOAX!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Ironically I'm taking an Anthropology 216 (Magic, Witchcraft and Religion) during the upcoming Winter Intercession at Boise State University.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I would not like to be studying that all the way out in Idaho. Is Boise a decent size?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Fine if you insist. You claimed to be familiar with Christian beliefs, yet you display a lack of understanding when it comes to the concepts. Do you have trouble with concepts? Serious question not meant to insult.

If you do not believe in Satan, you can not bind Satan. How am I supposed to ask God to make a demon leave, if I don't even know it exists. How do I ask God to protect my house and family from demons, if I do not know they exist? Ask and you shall receive as long as you are conforming to God's will. There are instances where God will not make a demon leave (St. Paul for example, one of my favorite people to have lived from what little I know and remember reading about him.). The explanation He gave was very revealing to a perceptive person "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." This gives you an idea of why you are tested all of the time doesn't it
. One of my favorite passages, and a revelation I thank God for. He did not have to reveal that detail in public revelation. Considering our level of disobedience, I am thankful for anything He chooses to bless me with.

Now I know you believe non of this is true. So just go with it anyways - would us not even knowing the Evil One exists help or hurt Satan?

If you display anymore intolerance for the Truth as I know it, I will not discuss this with you anymore.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Do you have trouble with concepts?

Again, I understand the concept clearly. The superstitions and dogma surrounding the supernatural were one of the main reason I am no longer Catholic. There was a conscious decision made based on my personal assessments of the religion.

If you do not believe in Satan, you can not bind Satan. How am I supposed to ask God to make a demon leave, if I don't even know it exists. How do I ask God to protect my house and family from demons, if I do not know they exist?

I could care less what my non-belief has to do with you binding anything. I get up, get dressed, go to work, come home, conduct my personal life, etc, everyday without a single thought given to Satan and binding demons. And guess what? My life is pretty damn good.

So just go with it anyways - would us not even knowing the Evil One exists help or hurt Satan?

Replace Satan with 'trolls' and ask the same question.

If you display anymore intolerance for the Truth as I know it, I will not discuss this with you anymore.

You already stated at least six times you are done with me and this thread yet here you are. Do whatever it is you want. I was here before you and I will be here after you leave.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join