It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge for the Mason haters

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Moloch was a cow, not an owl. Ancient people sacrificed their children to him.

Moloch (representing Semitic מלך m-l-, a Semitic root meaning "king") – also rendered as Molech, Molekh, Molok, Molek, Molock, Moloc, Melech, Milcom or Molcom – is the name of an ancient Ammonite god.[1] Moloch worship was practiced by the Canaanites, Phoenician and related cultures in North Africa and the Levant.

As a god worshipped by the Phoenicians and Canaanites, Moloch had associations with a particular kind of propitiatory child sacrifice by parents. Moloch figures in the Book of Deuteronomy and in the Book of Leviticus as a form of idolatry (Leviticus 18:21: "And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Moloch").

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

I was referring to Asherah, but it's interesting how you twist your theories every which way but right. Why no mention of her in the bible? Where did the book of Enoch and Yahweh go?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

I didn't see anywhere that it mentioned him being a cow, however the Bogemian grove would find such a statement ironic.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Though the Moloch sacrifices have traditionally been understood to mean burning children alive to the god Moloch, some have suggested a rite of purification by fire instead, though perhaps a dangerous one

From your source of Wikipedia.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
I'm not a fan of picking apart quotes and making things look like something they are not; context is important.

You are full of it. You have been called out by Afterinfinity, Veritas and myself for taking our words completely out of context in an attempt to support your agenda. Going so far as to faslely label Veritas as a Mason to substantiate your absurd demon-worship claims.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I came in this thread looking to prove nothing. All of your assertions are false.

You have provided no supporting evidence that refutes anything that I have said. You are merely arguing your opinion.

edit on 9-12-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

What is there to prove? You want proof of Satan, but without a sincere belief in Christ (who did in fact come to destroy Satan's works) you will not be able to find it. If you see it, you will write it off. Their is always more than one way to look at anything. If you a demon manifests in front of you, you can blame it on an endless number of things other than what you really saw.

In my eyes, you are an example of why intelligence is not always a blessing. I will not lie, most of our worldviews are in direct contradiction with what I have seen. That is not a direct reference to Satan in case you were wondering. You say people are "always" responsible for their actions. I know that demons influence people, as well as an endless number of other somewhat uncontrollable factors. That means we will likely not find a middle ground. I do believe people are accountable for every time they fall, but how accountable is where I think we differ.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You said Moloch was an owl, which he wasn't, he was a cow. Moloch was NEVER an owl.

edit on 9-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What is that supposed to prove, "from my source"?

edit on 9-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

What is there to prove? You want proof of Satan, but without a sincere belief in Christ (who did in fact come to destroy Satan's works) you will not be able to find it.

Why do they need to be mutually inclusive?

If you see it, you will write it off.

Translation: you have none.

If you a demon manifests in front of you, you can blame it on an endless number of things other than what you really saw.

The only people who claim such nonesense never have the proof to support theri claims.

In my eyes, you are an example of why intelligence is not always a blessing.

No, better to be in the thrall of superstition and the supernatural.

You say people are "always" responsible for their actions. I know that demons influence people, as well as an endless number of other somewhat uncontrollable factors. That means we will likely not find a middle ground. I do believe people are accountable for every time they fall, but how accountable is where I think we differ.

They have a word for people who do not feel the need to be responsible for their actions: sociopaths.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I've seen reference to him being represented by the "bull", however I was under the impression that Adonis was the bull? Regardless of whichever he was, I saw nothing in your quite or soure about him being a cow.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of picking apart quotes and making things look like something they are not; context is important.

You are full of it. You have been called out by Afterinfinity, Veritas and myself for taking our words completely out of context in an attempt to support your agenda. Going so far as to faslely label Veritas as a Mason to substantiate your absurd demon-worship claims.

More politician talk.

I thought he was, because of how he entered the thread. I have already admitted that mistake when he told me the truth, but you bring it up again. Out ways of thinking are completely different it is amazing to see.

I never claimed anyone worships demons, I only wrote what I saw in this thread.

Both you and afterinfinity do it a lot. Veritas did not as far as I can remember.

If one were inclined, they could check the past pages in this thread for proof.... it is there.

edit: the part about a Rosicrucian worshiping Moloch is in another thread, I think I got that confused.

edit on 9-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That particular piece was intended for Narrow, due to the accusations of child sacrifice.

They suggested that such descriptions of Moloch might be simply taken from accounts of the sacrifice to Cronus and from the tale of the Minotaur; They found no evidence of a bull-headed Phoenician god.

I don't know what else to say.
edit on 9-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

That particular piece was intended for Narrow, due to the accusations of child sacrifice.

They suggested that such descriptions of Moloch might be simply taken from accounts of the sacrifice to Cronus and from the tale of the Minotaur; They found no evidence of a bull-headed Phoenician god.

I don't know what else to say.

Accusation of child sacrifice? This keeps getting better.

There was another person in another thread who worships Moloch and performs a weird version of the necessary sacrafice.

I never once said Masons sacrifice babies, worship demons, or any other things you have accused me of accusing.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

More politician talk.

If that means calling you out on your bull then label it what you want.

The title of your thread...

Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this

...most certainly implies that you do.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

More politician talk.

If that means calling you out on your bull then label it what you want.

The title of your thread...

Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this

...most certainly implies that you do.

Seriously? Is that what you think you did?

Read the actual thread. You are joking right?

Do you make things look like something they are not for a living? I know you read the thread man that was just a pointless thing to say.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Saying you did not believe Masons worshipped demons until you read something (which a non-Mason wrote) implies that you changed you mind and believe Masons worship demons and the 'proof' you use was out of context. Not exactly in keeping with your previous post in this thread in which you proclaimed you do not like to post other members commnents out of context.

So yeah, I did.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You keep banging on about how bad Molech is, using pertinent quotes from the bible; I merely rebutted those claims.

Molech had nothing to do with child sacrifice....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Saying you did not believe Masons worshipped demons until you read something (which a non-Mason wrote) implies that you changed you mind and believe Masons worship demons and the 'proof' you use was out of context. Not exactly in keeping with your previous post in this thread in which you proclaimed you do not like to post other members commnents out of context.

So yeah, I did.

I am talking about breaking apart what people said and taking specific sentences out of context to make invalid points.

BTW I made it obvious it was half way a joke. I do not know, and I was laughing if you recall. For all I know you do but I never said that you do. When I made that thread title, I was actually starting to consider it after our back and forth combined with the Moloch stuff. I thought he was a Mason. It was meant more to show why people think that, than to say it is true. If people take that as sufficient evidence, IDK what to tell you.
Also, when I wrote that I genuinely believed he was a Mason.

But you already knew all that, didn't you? Yes you did, because you are smart.

See what I am getting at?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The original text was essentially "Helal bin Shahar" which means "Day star son of the morning". The morning star in his time was referred to as Lucifer. This is the only place in the Bible that mentions "Lucifer" and some versions of the Bible don't even have it in it at all. If you look at Isaiah 14:4, it refers to Lucifer being a Babylonian king who was so disgraced that his descendants were cursed as well. Also note some interesting facts: Jesus was referred to as the morning star, the Bible says to let the light of the morning star into your heart, and in the 4th century, there was a Bishop from Cagliari named Lucifer. Royalty is often given a title invoking "shining or lustrous" adjectives such as King Louis XIV of France who was referred to as the "Sun King".

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Star for mentioning some key points. I almost brought up the Jesus connection myself, but figured I'd best leave it. That's opening up a whole 'nother can of worms discussion. Lucifer was a reference to the morning light of Venus which can be seen in the early hours of the dawn.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join