It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Solway Firth spaceman-SOLVED!!!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Someone needs to contact Kodak!!! I think you really debunked it. After looking at the photo after your explanation I have 2 questions still.
1.) if 3 photos were taken why did she only appear in one of the photos.
2.) and is there any other photos of her wearing the dress w/collar in question ? Because if YES- we need a better look at the Bonnet or hat she was wearing.
The person in the photo (spaceman) is 100% with their back to us/you can see this by the elbow being pointing towards us. And the top of the head does resemble her hair blurred out a little bit more than a space helmet. If we can see her wearing a bonnet or hat that is white in any of the other photos that would pretty much end this case for good as far as I'm concerned.
It's a little suspicious that the other 2 photos were not included w/this one.
Seeing the 3 exposures that were taken in succession would speak volumes

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ryan792002

1.None of the other photos Jim took that day have ever made it into the public domain.This might or might not be suspicious as there would have been at least 20 on that one roll of film.When I take photos on a family holiday there are photos I will show other people,and there are photos I won't show other people.There is nothing suspicious about the ones I keep to myself,they're either not good enough in my opinion,or just badly composed,out of focus photos etc.

2.It's just a generic 1960s bonnet/hat as would have been worn by countless women of that era.There is plenty of evidence to point to this and apart from a ridiculous urban myth there is zero evidence to suggest that this is actually is a spaceman wearing a space suit and helmet.

If it looks like his wife,is the correct height for his wife and by a process of elimination is the only other person unaccounted for at that precise time,then it can only be his wife.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

A few of the photos were released, I'm trying to find them on Google....

I may even be able to contact some of his family to see if there are more, they don't live too far from me.....worth a shot.

ETA: Just noticed you actually posted one of the other photos on the first page.
edit on 14/7/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I've looked many many times for original unaltered photos from that day.Good luck with the search and enquiries!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Lol hilarious stuff. I think it probably is the wife or an onlooker facing the other direction. I think a mix of s*** is happening and confusing peoples eyes, so that they see what's not there.

It's a far better explaantion than spaceman or animal/chimera experiment. Which lol still has me chuckling. It's like how when you look at the clouds and see something familiar but your mind has to twist/distort it to make sense of it. In fact, this reminds me a lot of dreams. In the dream we make sense of it, but when you wake up and really think about it, it made no sense at all and it was just the brain forcing it to make sense. I guess another comparison is to being high on drugs. Similar distortion.

The mind falls prey to many illusions.
edit on 14-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Amazingly today is the first time I have EVER heard about or seen this photo/topic ! While I tend NOT to believe it is E.T. in nature - (I really struggled to see a spaceman in the disputed image even after being steered there) , there is one problem with your observations--You said in highlighted area number 2 that this was where her sleeve would finish. If you look at the photo of his wife in the other pic from that day, you will notice her dress appears to be sleeveless...........

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1ofthesedaze
Amazingly today is the first time I have EVER heard about or seen this photo/topic ! While I tend NOT to believe it is E.T. in nature - (I really struggled to see a spaceman in the disputed image even after being steered there) , there is one problem with your observations--You said in highlighted area number 2 that this was where her sleeve would finish. If you look at the photo of his wife in the other pic from that day, you will notice her dress appears to be sleeveless...........

I don't know the name for that sort of dress,but we used to be able to buy what were called cap sleeve T-shirts.They were the same as her dress,and from certain angles the sleeves were so short it would like they weren't actually there.Also she is reaching down on that side which has the effect of making the dress and sleeve ride up,giving the appearance of a much shorter or non-existent sleeve

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: misscurious
Don't like this game. Why don't you just say it

I agree. I had subjects that say one thing but just bait and hook u. Read million paragraphs for info I knew already.

Much like youtube videos where people babel and ramble for 10-12 minutes before saying barely anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Her dress is blue. Her arms are white.
The suit is completely white, except what looks like a visor of sorts....

How do you explain the obvious difference in the two body types...i.e Annie has slender arms in the pics......

Also, if true, why didn't the MIB just discount the story the same way you just did? Why investigate?

And....one more, do you think Jim forgot what his wife looked like?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather

originally posted by: misscurious
Don't like this game. Why don't you just say it

I agree. I had subjects that say one thing but just bait and hook u. Read million paragraphs for info I knew already.

Much like youtube videos where people babel and ramble for 10-12 minutes before saying barely anything.

Why are you answering a post from nearly three years ago but don't have anything real to contribute to this topic? I did it the way I did because I wanted a few more of other people's opinions before I revealed what my theory was.The second part was on the first page,so not exactly a million paragraphs is it?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Her dress is blue. Her arms are white.
The suit is completely white, except what looks like a visor of sorts....

How do you explain the obvious difference in the two body types...i.e Annie has slender arms in the pics......

Also, if true, why didn't the MIB just discount the story the same way you just did? Why investigate?

And....one more, do you think Jim forgot what his wife looked like?

All this lot has been explained by me already in this thread,and by countless other people across the internet.There is no suit or mask or visor,and the whiteness of the arms has already been explained many many times because the image is 'washed out' from being over exposed.If it was correctly exposed,you would see more detail as well as the correct skin tone.
There were no MIBs,it was all part of Jim's little practical joke,along with the whole spaceman thing.Once more the point of him not recognising or even seeing his wife through the viewfinder of the camera has been explained more times than just about any other so called 'mystery' photo EVER.Again it's also been explained by me in this very thread if you'd care to read ALL of it before making such comments please.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Sad to say, some channels are still running the episodes of Unsealed: Alien Files on this subject. They need to stop running them or broadcast an updated one with this information!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: christafinias
i think thats a really good explaination.
i didnt see it until you pointed it out but it does look like it.
you can see how white her skin shows up on the pic where we know its her

SandF for you.

A lot of people came up with this conclusion on much earlier threads and why.
Also the photographer supposedly never made the immediate before and after this photo available to anyone.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
As an author and dedicated proponent of the strange and unusual, I instantly was intrigued by this photo as soon as I heard the story. However, the concept of the figure in the background being a 'spaceman' just never sat quite right with me on a subconscious level. It was as if there was a warning bell going off in my mind, telling me not to believe without better and more comprehensive evidence. I am always up for a good mystery challenge though, so I put on my ridiculous Sherlock Holmes bonnet and set to work trying to solve the Case of the Spurious Solway Spaceman. All my efforts were for naught, however. I couldn't quite figure out what I was looking at but somewhere, way in the back of my mind, I felt sure of what I wasn't looking at. So, after trying my best to figure it out myself unsuccessfully, I began looking on the 'net to see what theories were being suggested by others.

I was therefore quite pleased to come across this particular thread and the explanation by the original poster here. So then I also read the replies and thoroughly enjoyed most of them, even the ones I disagree with. Discourse is not dead!

With that in mind, I offer my own few thoughts that are the main support beams holding up my confidence that Jim's wife is the infamous 'spaceman' beyond reasonable doubt.

First, I cite the original poster's mention of 'seeding' ideas, and take it a bit further. If I had been shown this photo and asked to explain what I saw in it, without being told about the spaceman theory, I'm not able to say for sure exactly what I would have assumed the figure in the background to be, but I really don't believe i would have jumped to the conclusion that it was some kind of other worldly being in a space suit. On the other hand, if someone handed me the photo and asked me to "point out the spaceman in this picture", I feel sure I'd immediately have pointed to the figure behind the young girl.

We could call this many things; The power of suggestion, neuro-linguistic programming, presupposition, etc. Whatever you choose to call it, it amounts to the same single thing; loss of objectivity. Once you've been told there is a spaceman in the picture, the fantastic computer that is your brain goes to work trying to find it. It's rather similar to the optical illusion picture that looks like a rabbit until someone tells you it's a duck (or vice versa), and in the end you realize it is actually both wabbit and duck season.
You can view the picture I'm talking about by doing a web search for ' rabbit duck illusion'…

All that being said, and as important as I feel it is (along with many more points on the subject), my final decision to agree with the theory that the figure is Jim's wife walking by comes down to a very sharp tool. A razor, actually. Occam's Razor, which is a line of reasoning that can be boiled down to a single idea: The simplest solution or explanation is most often the correct one. To me, the idea that Jim's wife is walking by as he takes the picture, and he doesn't see her in the tiny view finder of the camera he was using, and taking three photos in succession requires winding the film roll by hand and refocusing manually between each shot so there would be far more time between shots than if he were using a modern 21st century camera and the figure of Jim's wife is over exposed while being hit by bright sunlight in the background and his daughter is focused in the foreground etc, etc, et al... All of these things put together are still simpler, to my way of thinking, than overcoming the incredible number of problems required for an alien spaceman to travel the vast interstellar distances between Earth and the next nearest habitable planet just to pop in frat-boy style on a family's picnic photo op of their little girl. Think about it that way just for a few minutes and see if you don't agree.

Thanks for all your contributions and allowing me to participate, I've really enjoyed this thread.

edit on 10-7-2016 by BCTietjens because: Fixing mistakes in grammar, punctuation and coherency.

edit on 10-7-2016 by BCTietjens because: Added extra info

edit on 10-7-2016 by BCTietjens because: Fixing mistakes in grammar, punctuation and coherency.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BCTietjens

Thank you BCTietjens for taking the time to become a member of the mighty ATS just to reply to my humble topic. I've tried showing the photo to a few other people since mentioning just the members of the Templeton family and no one else and asking them what/who they see,and not unsurprisingly they all saw Jim's wife in the background without a moments hesitation.

Maybe it's time to make my conclusion to this 'mystery' a bit more out there in the public domain.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I love a good conspiracy theory, it gets me thinking. After reading your theory the photo came into a new light for me and I find myself smacking my own forehead. Occams Razor indeed. So obvious now. Yes get your theory out there more publically, I think your right, mystery solved but you'll get a lot of of people saying you're wrong because they don't want their conspiracy solved, that's fine let them have it.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krumme
I love a good conspiracy theory, it gets me thinking. After reading your theory the photo came into a new light for me and I find myself smacking my own forehead. Occams Razor indeed. So obvious now. Yes get your theory out there more publically, I think your right, mystery solved but you'll get a lot of of people saying you're wrong because they don't want their conspiracy solved, that's fine let them have it.

The problem can be that when a long standing mystery like this is finally solved (that's of course assuming we have solved this one correctly),it's the same as when it's revealed how a famous magic trick is done.Even for sceptical ol' me now it's known to be just Jim's wife in the photo,it's sort of a let down that it really is only a real human being in the photo.The believer in me that's always arguing with the sceptic in me really wanted it to be a spaceman in Jim's photo.Believer now feels betrayed by sceptic and they haven't talked for quite some time now.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey OP, in case no one mentioned it your explanation was stolen and published in a book two years after your original post, that is unless you are the author of the book. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip
No not me as that author.It's also got facts in that I've never said so I don't think it's plagiarising anything I said.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This was a good classic UFO to reverse engineer.
OP provided enough clues so that you could locate where the picture was taken near cycle RTE 72 as it passes through Easton to the sea.
Good history lesson there.

Definitely solved long ago but by 1964 Kennedy was gone and his dream of putting a man on the moon went with him.

Not sure where Jim was with the Jaguar though, something poetic/thematic to add to the confusion such as "tiger tiger burning bright"?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join