It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 states of consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This might sound a little off-the-wall but it makes sense to me.

There are 4 states of consciousness known.

1. Visible and tangible. You, me, everyone alive known is like this in everyday state.

2, Invisible and tangible. Every heard of Cloaking? Same principle and anyone can do it with the proper training or with a certain device.

3. Visible and Intangible. Ghosts. They are like this, we can see them but we can't touch them, this goes the same for one of those holograms.

and

4. Invisible and Intangible. The required state in order to be anywhere. Also the state that thought is in, you can't see it or touch it, yet you know it's there.

Thank you for reading this.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Interesting perspective. What if all exist on all levels but WE can not see it because of where WE are. Interesting thoughtt to think abut.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That would be like trying to see things on a different realm.

I get where your coming from, for the stuff we can't see yet to the one that are on that plane, they can see us.

Kind of like Person A cannot see Person B yet Person B sees Person A.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Why do you call them states of consciousness? To be conscious of something, or to be conscious period, requires self-awareness. You are conscious because you are aware of your being. That is why being knocked "unconscious" refers to a loss of self-awareness. Likewise, sleep, which results in dreaming, is called subconscious, not unconscious, because we are, to some level, still aware of being. The tangibility and physicality of a thing does not actually apply to its level of consciousness.

Concerning your four theories...

1) Tangible and visible. Do you consider people in a coma to be a part of this category? They are both physical and visible, but they're not self-aware, or, conscious.

2) Invisible and tangible. This has nothing to do with cloaking. Whether something can be detected, has nothing to do with it's visibility or tangibility. Consider a stealth jet. It works due to cloaking, yet, it is still tangible and visible. It is just operating below technical awareness. Similarly, an individual who can make themselves less noticeable, is not actually invisible. As soon as someone wants to, they can call light to the "cloaked" individual.

3) Visible and intangible. You support this one with ghosts/spirits, and the like. I think you're lacking much in your knowledge of ghosts. They are not all visible, or intangible. Often times, they are invisible, but tangible; or intangible but visible. Ghosts come as physical, aural, or olfactory manifestations.

4) This is, probably, the only one I would agree with. Thought, or consciousness, is truly intangible and invisible; but it can be measured and witnessed through technology (brain scans, and the like). So, it is not necessarily a state of being, or a state of consciousness, but a common phenomenon.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

join